Ccfc transfer rumours (2 Viewers)

steve82

I’m optimistic we’ll keep him, and we’ve given ourselves the best opportunity of keeping him (and other key players) at the club.

There’s a buzz around the club and with a good young side, which is presumably fearless given the bottle they had in the playoffs... We could possibly do well in L1. All the promoted teams from last season did well, only Donny were in the bottom half, whilst Plymouth and Portsmouth narrowly missed on playoffs themselves!

Again, we need add the right pieces to the squad and increase depth because I think we’d have struggled a bit more with the injuries we had this season if we were in L1.

I think a bid from Derby might be to much of a pull on Tom Bayliss, as I said yesterday we seen how Ben Stevenson mind wasn’t in it anymore and was a shadow of the player we seen.

I think 2.5 Million and add ons is a fair leverage to both us and Derby.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to stay but what Derby can offer with the exciting appointment of lampard for them and he won’t be far off being in there match day squad in a few months adjustment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tommo72

The amount of money we get from flogging Bayliss.

I don’t see any sense in him leaving, he’s in a promotion winning team with a reasonable chance of the club making good progress next season.

George Thomas left too early and IMO It would have been more beneficial for him to have stayed at the club for a couple more seasons. Maddison has made amazing progress and his decision to move has clearly paid off, could Bayliss do the same?

David O'Day

I think a bid from Derby might be to much of a pull on Tom Bayliss, as I said yesterday we seen how Ben Stevenson mind wasn’t in it anymore and was a shadow of the player we seen.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to stay but what Derby can offer with the exciting appointment of lampard for them and he won’t be far off being in there match day squad in a few months adjustment

bangs head against desk

Are you going to spend all summer believing every single internet rumour?

David O'Day

Plus while Bayliss is promising he's npot yet or likely to be soon anywhere near as good as they already have

steve82

bangs head against desk

Are you going to spend all summer believing every single internet rumour?

Plus while Bayliss is promising he's npot yet or likely to be soon anywhere near as good as they already have

They had a firm offer rejected in January, are you gonna spend the whole summer living in a bubble? It’s not internet rumours.

The kids got a lot of talent, higher suitors are circulating.

While we can offer first team football they can all offer financial security for him to set himself up for life in a 4 year deal, that might be the swinger for him

Manchester_sky_blue

I don’t see any sense in him leaving, he’s in a promotion winning team with a reasonable chance of the club making good progress next season.

George Thomas left too early and IMO It would have been more beneficial for him to have stayed at the club for a couple more seasons. Maddison has made amazing progress and his decision to move has clearly paid off, could Bayliss do the same?
Everything you say is true but id still be amazed if we keep hold of him. Very happy to be proved wrong though of course.

Mucca Mad Boys

The context is different though, Stevenson wasn’t getting first team football. Bayliss is getting first team football and is guaranteed to start in L1, so career-wise, unless Derby are going to offer first team football in the Championship, then it’s logical for him to stay one way or the other (be it a loan-back or we just don’t sell).

If his contract has been allegedly extended to 2020 (a poster said MR confirmed it in an interview). We gain a bit more leverage in any negotiations. Also, if we’re to sell him, and not even get a loan back, it goes against the rhetoric of ‘going for it [promotion]’ because we’ll need all our best players to perform well on a consistent, weekly basis to get anywhere near auto/playoffs.

Premiership teams will likely be waiting to see how he gets on L1 before making moves for him, so I think if he goes this season, it’ll be more likely to be in January.

I could be wrong, I’m just trying to be optimistic!

David O'Day

They had a firm offer rejected in January, are you gonna spend the whole summer living in a bubble? It’s not internet rumours.

The kids got a lot of talent, higher suitors are circulating.

While we can offer first team football they can all offer financial security for him to set himself up for life in a 4 year deal, that might be the swinger for him

FFS Steve it is just a rumour, it was fucking Leicester yesterday and they are 1 league below us.

We got promoted this week mate so enjoy that and stop reacting to all the rumours mate.

I await you posting about his "move" to some other club in a couple days

David O'Day

The context is different though, Stevenson wasn’t getting first team football. Bayliss is getting first team football and is guaranteed to start in L1, so career-wise, unless Derby are going to offer first team football in the Championship, then it’s logical for him to stay one way or the other (be it a loan-back or we just don’t sell).

If his contract has been allegedly extended to 2020 (a poster said MR confirmed it in an interview). We gain a bit more leverage in any negotiations. Also, if we’re to sell him, and not even get a loan back, it goes against the rhetoric of ‘going for it [promotion]’ because we’ll need all our best players to perform well on a consistent, weekly basis to get anywhere near auto/playoffs.

Premiership teams will likely be waiting to see how he gets on L1 before making moves for him, so I think if he goes this season, it’ll be more likely to be in January.

I could be wrong, I’m just trying to be optimistic!

Sush, don't talk sense people want to panic about something the saw someone else post online

Tommo72

FFS Steve it is just a rumour, it was fucking Leicester yesterday and they are 1 league below us.

We got promoted this week mate so enjoy that and stop reacting to all the rumours mate.

I think Steve makes a valid point and this scenario has got previous. The bright lights of a Championship club might be hard for him to resist....of course the club have the leverage on it and you would hope they can give him the best advice.

I would expect the Playoffs revenue will give Robins more influencing power? Anybody any idea how much we might have made from the last few weeks?

steve82

You not seriously think that Derby are not interested ? If he’s not priced out of what they deem suitable to pay for a exciting talent he will likely go. That’s football.

I fear no one leaving this club this summer, as long as it’s early summer they depart.

David O'Day

You not seriously think that Derby are not interested ? If he’s not priced out of what they deem suitable to pay for a exciting talent he will likely go. That’s football.

I fear no one leaving this club this summer, as long as it’s early summer they depart.

There's a difference between looking at and buying mate

Tommo72

There's a difference between looking at and buying mate

With Lampard now in the hot seat he will have his own ideas and plenty of connections no doubt. However, the last few weeks we have showcased our talent big time and it’s hard to imagine them all staying.

That said, If anyone can Robins can you’d expect?

Hobo

SISU in charge or not, whether you are Manchester United, Liverpool or Coventry, teams come in and can buy your best players. It has always been this way.

The key is how you reinvest some of that money and replace them or develop what you already have.

I

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Chance for Bayliss to work with alampard would be difficult for the lad to turn down.

I’m resigned to Bayliss leaving this summer but do hope/think we can keep McNulty!

tisza

Have to be practical if can only keep hold of one has to be McNulty just for the short-term benefits.
Love Bayliss but still very much a work in progress. If he goes he's going into someone's U23 side.

Manchester_sky_blue

Why? Evidence please or are you just going to spend the summer going on about us selling our best players
No point us keep having this same discussion as we are not going to agree on it. Bayliss is a stand out talent and we are a club that relies on players sales to keep us afloat. I cannot see that we have a chance in hell of keeping hold of him this summer. I would love you to be right and Bayliss to stay with Cov so if that should happen i will take your "i told you so" with good grace.

steve82

Not sure if we’ve covered this anywhere but I’ve just heard MR say himself that Tom Bayliss is under contract till 2020.

wingy

Given players coming back from Injury ,systems played etc, do we see Bayliss getting significant game time here next year?
I think he should but am doubtful on that.

Marty

Given players coming back from Injury ,systems played etc, do we see Bayliss getting significant game time here next year?
I think he should but am doubtful on that.

I think he should be main right sided midfield player going into the season, Jones lost his place through injury and Bayliss stepped up and performed, in my eyes, the position is now bayliss' to lose.

Brighton Sky Blue

No point us keep having this same discussion as we are not going to agree on it. Bayliss is a stand out talent and we are a club that relies on players sales to keep us afloat. I cannot see that we have a chance in hell of keeping hold of him this summer. I would love you to be right and Bayliss to stay with Cov so if that should happen i will take your "i told you so" with good grace.

Agree it is a matter of when not if, but this summer is probably too soon for the player unless he can be assured 1st team football. Depends if he values his career more than G Thomas did.

David O'Day

So no evidence then, just enjoy getting promoted and stop derping about

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he should be main right sided midfield player going into the season, Jones lost his place through injury and Bayliss stepped up and performed, in my eyes, the position is now bayliss' to lose.

You do know Jones can play on the left? The wingers will most likely be interchanging system if Bayliss and Jones play.

SlowerThanPlatt

So no evidence then, just enjoy getting promoted and stop derping about

What evidence do you need exactly? It’s about being realistic. Bayliss is a good player with potential to be a very good one. We are a newly promoted L1 club who don’t have a lot of money and rely on selling our better players to survive and compete. If you don’t think other clubs are aware of this and won’t be trying to move for him then you don’t understand how the football industry works

Evo1883

I’m going to be the odd one out and say they will both be here playing in sky blue next season

Marty

You do know Jones can play on the left? The wingers will most likely be interchanging system if Bayliss and Jones play.

You lose the most dangerous part of his play on the left, cutting in a taking a shot. Shipley has done well enough to not lose his position either.

Mucca Mad Boys

You lose the most dangerous part of his play on the left, cutting in a taking a shot. Shipley has done well enough to not lose his position either.

Which is why they’d swap around. Jones operates well on either wing, in 1-2 of our goals of the season he got an assist on the left. Same with Exeter (H) he forced an OG and got an assist from the left.

A fully fit Jodi Jones gets into that team comfortably. If it meant dropping Kelly to accommodate JJ, Bayliss and Shipley, so be it. Personally, I think the Kelly and Doyle partnership is crucial to our style of play because Kelly is a leadership figure (to a lesser extent to Doyle) and he presses and tackles well. On Monday, Kelly and Doyle were all over any loose ball or player in front of them and their work isn’t flashy, but effective and important to our style.

Marty

Which is why they’d swap around. Jones operates well on either wing, in 1-2 of our goals of the season he got an assist on the left. Same with Exeter (H) he forced an OG and got an assist from the left.

A fully fit Jodi Jones gets into that team comfortably. If it meant dropping Kelly to accommodate JJ, Bayliss and Shipley, so be it. Personally, I think the Kelly and Doyle partnership is crucial to our style of play because Kelly is a leadership figure (to a lesser extent to Doyle) and he presses and tackles well. On Monday, Kelly and Doyle were all over any loose ball or player in front of them and their work isn’t flashy, but effective and important to our style.

I think it sends out the wrong message if someone can walk straight back into the first eleven. Jones unfortunately lost his place through injury, but his replacements have been more then adequate. Jones now needs to wait for one of the midfielders to slip up to have his chance again. It's a mute point I feel as it's now 2-3 months to the next match, a few players will come and go. A lot can change in that time scale.

Users who are viewing this thread