CCFC Supports Rainbow Laces - Why? (1 Viewer)

Bennettbarnet

Not sure why you are asking me this. The notion of a traditional nuclear family is not my dictate. I’m merely considering and comparing several millennia of what was considered the traditional family unit which I agree with as opposed to the last 1 or 2 decades of 21st century thinking.

Nor am I diminishing you or your husband’s capabilities of providing solid care and love to your daughter who you rescued from what sounds like a dreadful situation. As much as you could be the best fathers any child could ever have, you will never be the best mothers.

The first understanding any child gets about gender qualities is usually from a loving mother and father. If one of those is missing, there is an automatic relational imbalance that child will have to navigate at some point. Each gender brings something different to the party to encourage a rounded development of son or daughter. I am sure you and your husband have discussed this but when your daughter reaches puberty and adolescence a daughter will generally benefit most from her mother’s guidance. Since neither of you have those qualities, she will have to glean that from an alternative mother figure and if she is unable to do that where will that leave her emotionally?

You say my views are among the minority on this thread, perhaps they are but this forum is not a barometer for society as I believe there is still a silent and vocal majority. I notice that several regular posters have vented their frustrations with my stance with colourful language and name calling. I am not looking for anyone’s approval and truly do not care for it. Nor am I looking to wind people up as I see no benefit in that. I started this thread to see if my stance regarding CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces was valid or not. I understand why the campaign exists but still uneasy with the deeper ramifications it poses in my opinion which I will not go into on this thread.

As for your genuine question, I do not possess a crystal ball so cannot tell you that one way or another, only time will tell. But if you are really asking for my opinion, since society is basically people which includes children then I would say that any child brought up in a single sex environment will not be better off no matter how loving the parents are.
I think the problem with your viewpoint is it somewhat distorted through the lens of time. You appear on the face of it to be from a bygone era where the likes of Alf Garnett and Bernard Manning were considered acceptable but the world is now different to the one that you grew up in.

You, in my opinion, are clearly wrong and in need of educating but I wont hold that against you. Your opinion seems to be built on that if it being a choice. It is not. This is a problem in the whole debate as to not know how biology and attraction works puts everyone who is trying to "educate" you at an instant disadvantage. The opinion of "choice" is also highly popular among certain faiths so if your interpretation of the world is build out of your religious beliefs then please say and you can save everyone the bother of attempting to educate you.

I understand your hypothesis regarding same sex parents not being able to offer a child a rounded upbringing. It may even be true in some instances. But it is far too simplistic to categorise all same sex parents in this way and then elevate its importance like you have. What is important for a child at any stage in their development is to love and be loved. To be cared for. To feel safe. To be themselves without fear of prejudice. The parents sexual preference is not a factor when thinking about these attributes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bennettbarnet

Saying ‘your daughter can’t ever be as effectively raised by you as she could be by a man and a woman’ isn’t offensive?
Its his opinion! You don't have to be outraged and offended everytime someone offers a different opinion to you. Disagree with it, call him a nobber and move on.

NorthernWisdom

You don't have to be outraged and offended everytime someone offers a different opinion to you.
I'm not a fan of milk.

I think superchargers are more effective than turbochargers.

I wish the orange ball would come back.

It's someone's choice over whether to be gay, and they can't raise a child as well as a heterosexual couple.

Now, why taking offense at the last suggests that you therefore get offended at every diffeent opinion is beyond me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its his opinion! You don't have to be outraged and offended everytime someone offers a different opinion to you. Disagree with it, call him a nobber and move on.

I’m not outraged just pointing out that he has been offensive and saying ‘well it’s his opinion’ doesn’t change that. What he’s said also insults those raising children on their own through no fault of their own.

Not personally insulted him once.

shmmeee

Not sure why you are asking me this. The notion of a traditional nuclear family is not my dictate. I’m merely considering and comparing several millennia of what was considered the traditional family unit which I agree with as opposed to the last 1 or 2 decades of 21st century thinking.

Nor am I diminishing you or your husband’s capabilities of providing solid care and love to your daughter who you rescued from what sounds like a dreadful situation. As much as you could be the best fathers any child could ever have, you will never be the best mothers.

The first understanding any child gets about gender qualities is usually from a loving mother and father. If one of those is missing, there is an automatic relational imbalance that child will have to navigate at some point. Each gender brings something different to the party to encourage a rounded development of son or daughter. I am sure you and your husband have discussed this but when your daughter reaches puberty and adolescence a daughter will generally benefit most from her mother’s guidance. Since neither of you have those qualities, she will have to glean that from an alternative mother figure and if she is unable to do that where will that leave her emotionally?

You say my views are among the minority on this thread, perhaps they are but this forum is not a barometer for society as I believe there is still a silent and vocal majority. I notice that several regular posters have vented their frustrations with my stance with colourful language and name calling. I am not looking for anyone’s approval and truly do not care for it. Nor am I looking to wind people up as I see no benefit in that. I started this thread to see if my stance regarding CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces was valid or not. I understand why the campaign exists but still uneasy with the deeper ramifications it poses in my opinion which I will not go into on this thread.

As for your genuine question, I do not possess a crystal ball so cannot tell you that one way or another, only time will tell. But if you are really asking for my opinion, since society is basically people which includes children then I would say that any child brought up in a single sex environment will not be better off no matter how loving the parents are.

Are you open to some evidence?

CDC23C59-B1C8-451F-A4A0-D6DD8B91487E.jpeg

From: SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Bennettbarnet

I’m not outraged just pointing out that he has been offensive and saying ‘well it’s his opinion’ doesn’t change that. What he’s said also insults those raising children on their own through no fault of their own.

Not personally insulted him once.
It is not for me to say what can and can't offend people. We all walk a different path and are all triggered by different things. But it just doesn't matter does it? In your's and many others, his opinion is wrong. Fine. Then educate him as to why it is wrong. I don't think he is trolling, I just think he is very misinformed so educate.

Brighton Sky Blue

It is not for me to say what can and can't offend people. We all walk a different path and are all triggered by different things. But it just doesn't matter does it? In your's and many others, his opinion is wrong. Fine. Then educate him as to why it is wrong. I don't think he is trolling, I just think he is very misinformed so educate.

I and plenty of others have tried. He’s even been given real life examples from gay members on here, and continues to tell them they’ll never be as good as a heterosexual couple.

At some point this has to be called out for what it is, prejudice.

Bennettbarnet

I'm not a fan of milk.

I think superchargers are more effective than turbochargers.

I wish the orange ball would come back.

It's someone's choice over whether to be gay, and they can't raise a child as well as a heterosexual couple.

Now, why taking offense at the last suggests that you therefore get offended at every diffeent opinion is beyond me.
Its about perspective though. If I am a dairy farmer and am struggling to survive as it is, I might be offended that you have so brazenly offered your opinion about milk on the Internet without a second thought for how that might affect me and my business.

What is curious though is the apparent virtue signalling in todays society. If its a politically sensitive subject, such as the last of your examples, people just can't wait to queue up and tell everyone how offended they are.

shmmeee

Its about perspective though. If I am a dairy farmer and am struggling to survive as it is, I might be offended that you have so brazenly offered your opinion about milk on the Internet without a second thought for how that might affect me and my business.

What is curious though is the apparent virtue signalling in todays society. If its a politically sensitive subject, such as the last of your examples, people just can't wait to queue up and tell everyone how offended they are.

I think you’re confusing virtue signalling with people actually holding an opinion that’s different from yours.

The man’s opinion is provably wrong. Evidence shows being gay is innate and gay couple raise children with better outcomes than straight ones.

And in what was is being gay “politically sensitive” FFS? Do you think all gay people are left wing??

Bennettbarnet

I and plenty of others have tried. He’s even been given real life examples from gay members on here, and continues to tell them they’ll never be as good as a heterosexual couple.

At some point this has to be called out for what it is, prejudice.
OK so he has a prejudice. What now?

Are you telling me that you don't have offensive predjudices? And think about it before you answer.

mr_monkey

Tell that to that poor lad who died and his dad and step mum got put in prison yesterday

Brighton Sky Blue

OK so he has a prejudice. What now?

Are you telling me that you don't have offensive predjudices? And think about it before you answer.

Well when I next write a long post on not seeing the point of anti-homophobia or anti-racist campaigns in sport then you can comment first.

Bennettbarnet

I think you’re confusing virtue signalling with people actually holding an opinion that’s different from yours.

The man’s opinion is provably wrong. Evidence shows being gay is innate and gay couple raise children with better outcomes than straight ones.

And in what was is being gay “politically sensitive” FFS? Do you think all gay people are left wing??
No, I am not. If a Flat Earth believer was on here you wouldn't be offended by them. Its that his opinion is politically sensitive and therefor you are offended and have a need to tell everyone just how offended you are. Its the very definition of virtue signalling.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, I am not. If a Flat Earth believer was on here you wouldn't be offended by them. Its that his opinion is politically sensitive and therefor you are offended and have a need to tell everyone just how offended you are. Its the very definition of virtue signalling.

So everybody who challenges these opinions is virtue signalling?

Sick Boy

Why is challenging a bigoted viewpoint virtue signalling? It’s yet another USA import to discourage challenging bigotry.

djr8369

There’s what, one openly gay professional footballer in the world? In reality there’s probably 1-2 per squad who don’t feel comfortable enough to be open about who they are. It’s all very well saying “nobody cares” but they do.

As fans, we’re happy to stand there and support and clap them when they perform on the pitch, treat them like heroes, while they feel they can’t even be honest about who they are? Well fuck that.

The fact people aren’t even comfortable with the club saying they support this stuff and doing one small gesture shows how much it is needed.

mr_monkey

It's not politicaly insensitive it's down right fully factually inaccurate and of course it's offensive, he is saying that I can't raise a child as well as a male/female relationship which is the pure definition of offensive

Bennettbarnet

Well when I next write a long post on not seeing the point of anti-homophobia or anti-racist campaigns in sport then you can comment first.
But my point is that we all carry prejudices. It is a human survival instinct. It is the reason we don't walk the streets at night by a group of youths, why we cross the road if someone heading our way doesn't look right and why we were on high alert to anyone of Arabian looking descent when flying on a plane right after 9/11. It is nonsense prejudice.

We are all a product of our environment and obviously the posters environment was very different to yours and many others. It doesn't make it right. It doesn't mean he gets a free pass. But it does mean you need to understand why he is of that opinion and then try and change it with debate and evidence. And if he doesn't, don't worry about it. That's his right to live in ignorance.

mr_monkey

Proper reply time as my disbelief In reading that as disappeared. I think I'm at the stage where if you aren't on the wind up and you genuinely believe this then I just feel sorry for you as you can't open your eyes and mind to what is an ever changing world (for the better)

I hope that you don't make these opinions vocal in front of your kids and grandkids as we knows, one of them might have some secrets that they aren't telling you

Users who are viewing this thread