CCFC Supports Rainbow Laces - Why? (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Ok I'll bite. Where have I forced my so-called archaic views on anyone? I have asked a question that is all. I have not been vicious or abusive. However, I have on reflection mistakenly used the word choices rather than preference.

You accuse me of forcing my archaic views on everyone so what exactly do you think you are doing? I guess you would call your viewpoint educating and enlightening?

I'm sorry to hear your friend is getting called horrible names, that I do not support. However, it does amaze me that you so easily dismiss my viewpoint and question as a botheration.

I may not have a 2021 outlook on life, but new thinking doesn’t necessarily mean right thinking. I have now been given some insight into how the LGBT+ community might feel about integrating into mainstream society and although I have sympathy for anyone who has been subjected to that kind of abuse, I am not about to change my stance on how I view the nuclear family as fundamental building blocks of human society. Should that model get torpedoed into oblivion then I think society will have far greater things to worry about than my thoughts about CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces.
You forced your views when starting the thread. Are you thick or something? The wording you used is archaic and downright ignorant. I don’t mince my words with fucking idiots like you. If you don’t like me saying this to you don’t post utter drivel.

NortonSkyBlue

Someone once said that to me talking to a racist/homophobe/bigot/zealot was an opportunity change their point of view by engaging in a rational dialogue.
I am an older guy who has seen a massive change in what was considered normal to the new normal and can understand some are left behind by the changes, give the example of my late father used to call my then wife “the darkie” as a term of endearment. This was in 1981 and was par for the course in the language used. Today it would be inconceivable.
We used to sing a song about about Birmingham which was less than politically correct, even less so than the current version.
Brighton Sky Blue mentions the African schoolchildren and their views on homosexuality which are probably on message with what they hear at home and in their community. Does that make them racists,? probably but that is definitely nurture over nature. That is not going to change over a conversation, any more than having ads featuring black characters is going to do anything to change views or having every soap feature a transgender/ gay/disabled character but what is does do is bring to our attention that these people are our sons and daughters, our community, our United Kingdom and in 2021 this is how we roll.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You forced your views when starting the thread. Are you thick or something? The wording you used is archaic and downright ignorant. I don’t mince my words with fucking idiots like you. If you don’t like me saying this to you don’t post utter drivel.
He didn't force anything. Unfortunate choice of words he's acknowledged. If you don't like what he posts go somewhere else.

mr_monkey

He didn't force anything. Unfortunate choice of words he's acknowledged. If you don't like what he posts go somewhere else.

He wanted a conversation and people have pointed out his numerous inaccuracies and misunderstandings.

I don't see what's wrong with that, it's the only way that people will learn about things that they have no knowledge or experience of surely

Kneeza

It was more the general feeling of attraction towards her than specifically physical/sexual,
I can relate. There were a couple of girls at my primary school who I just adored. It wasn't reciprocal though...
Funnily enough I've been rootling through loads of my old mum's photos over the last few days and found my old class photos from that era. Looking at them, I can't imagine what I saw in them. And, oh! Those late fifties haircuts 🤣

Kneeza

More than happy to answer mate, she has some questions asked of her but she doesn't know any different so just answers them in her awesome matter of fact way 😂

I think you are right and acceptance is definitely increasing but we still do get comments and looks from people but luckily she is of the opinion that if someone isn't nice she isn't interested in what they have to say
Something in my eye now.
You're obviously doing a wonderful job. Don't change.

lord_garrincha

Ok I'll bite. Where have I forced my so-called archaic views on anyone? I have asked a question that is all. I have not been vicious or abusive. However, I have on reflection mistakenly used the word choices rather than preference.

You accuse me of forcing my archaic views on everyone so what exactly do you think you are doing? I guess you would call your viewpoint educating and enlightening?

I'm sorry to hear your friend is getting called horrible names, that I do not support. However, it does amaze me that you so easily dismiss my viewpoint and question as a botheration.

I may not have a 2021 outlook on life, but new thinking doesn’t necessarily mean right thinking. I have now been given some insight into how the LGBT+ community might feel about integrating into mainstream society and although I have sympathy for anyone who has been subjected to that kind of abuse, I am not about to change my stance on how I view the nuclear family as fundamental building blocks of human society. Should that model get torpedoed into oblivion then I think society will have far greater things to worry about than my thoughts about CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces.
I think today's news regarding the sentencing of those 2 animals show that the 'nuclear family is best' theory is a nonsense.

napolimp

The OP is the worst kind of person, those who take the "moral high ground" to make, at best, offensive comments, by using phrases such as "I have asked a question that is all" and " new thinking doesn’t necessarily mean right thinking". People have answered your "questions" and you're still making the same stone age comments, you have no interest in being educated and simply came on here in the hope of hearing people validate your views. And changing the word choice to preference, is the same as changing the word moron to idiot.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Nail on the head mate, couldn't have put it better myself

And the thing is we adopted my daughter when she was a baby so she doesn't know any different than being raised by two loving dad's.

She is 7 now so of course asks and is asked questions about it all but her response is that she loves her daddies more than anything and she is a very happy child and excelling at school (not meaning to be a humble brag I'm just very proud of her 😂)

giphy.gif

Good lad, I am sure your daughter has an amazing amount of love. Well played for being honest on here as well, that´s great to see.

Finham

He wanted a conversation and people have pointed out his numerous inaccuracies and misunderstandings.

I don't see what's wrong with that, it's the only way that people will learn about things that they have no knowledge or experience of surely
It's great that he posted it, it gets people talking, that has to be positive! Nothing against the OP in the slightest, either, as it's not his fault. The path to better knowledge and acceptance is open conversation. Attacking people just makes them defensive and more likely to entrench their position, so explaining and illustrating with real life situations such as Mr Monkey has done is surely the way to go.

Otis

I can relate. There were a couple of girls at my primary school who I just adored. It wasn't reciprocal though...
Funnily enough I've been rootling through loads of my old mum's photos over the last few days and found my old class photos from that era. Looking at them, I can't imagine what I saw in them. And, oh! Those late fifties haircuts 🤣
Oh, I find that creepy. Why did you fancy women in their late fifties when you were just a kid?

Danceswithhorses

Reading this thread has been a heart-warming experience, and a real eye opener for me.
Virtually all posters have been supportive of 'rainbow laces', and even a few posters who i fundamentally disagree with on many sky blue issues, have surprised me greatly, and shown themselves to be thoroughly decent and kind human beings.

There was talk earlier in the thread, about the fact that there are so few out gay (male) footballers at the top level.
There certainly are gay football pros out there, and they clearly still feel they cannot be open about their sexuality YET....hence schemes like rainbow laces, whilst not 'solving' the problem, hopefully show these closeted pros, that people will support them, if and when they feel brave enough to come out....small steps, but a very worthwhile cause.

I've read posts from riyadhskyblue on this thread, and was damn proud of him and his unwavering love for his daughter...well said my friend (y)

I've also read the posts of mr_monkey, who i only found out was gay today when reading this thread (not that it should matter on a forum)
He was brave enough to mention his sexuality on a public forum (big kudos) and spoke so eloquently about his husband, and much loved daughter...really really heart-warming.

And it got me thinking, how come there's only 1 person on SBT who is open about his (or her) sexuality ?
Surely there are more ?
And indeed there are...me for example...a gay man in a LTR of 11 years, and very happy thank you.
I hadn't felt the need (or felt brave enough) before, but reading this thread has shown me there are lots of good and kind people on here, so mr_monkey, you're no longer on your own buddy :)

EDIT...apologies for the long post...it just started flowing lol...TLDR if you want

Last edited:

clint van damme

Reading this thread has been a heart-warming experience, and a real eye opener for me.
Virtually all posters have been supportive of 'rainbow laces', and even a few posters who i fundamentally disagree with on many sky blue issues, have surprised me greatly, and shown themselves to be thoroughly decent and kind human beings.

There was talk earlier in the thread, about the fact that there are so few out gay (male) footballers at the top level.
There certainly are gay football pros out there, and they clearly still feel they cannot be open about their sexuality YET....hence schemes like rainbow laces, whilst not 'solving' the problem, hopefully show these closeted pros, that people will support them, if and when they feel brave enough to come out....small steps, but a very worthwhile cause.

I've read posts from riyadhskyblue on this thread, and was damn proud of him and his unwavering love for his daughter...well said my friend (y)

I've also read the posts of mr_monkey, who i only found out was gay today when reading this thread (not that it should matter on a forum)
He was was brave enough to mention his sexuality on a public forum (big kudos) and spoke so eloquently about his husband, and much loved daughter...really really heart-warming.

And it got me thinking, how come there's only 1 person on SBT who is open about his (or her) sexuality ?
Surely there are more ?
And indeed there are...me for example...a gay man in a LTR of 11 years, and very happy thank you.
I hadn't felt the need (or felt brave enough) before, but reading this thread has shown me there are lots of good and kind people on here, so mr_monkey, you're no longer on your own buddy :)

EDIT...apologies for the long post...it just started flowing lol...TLDR if you want

There's plenty of us who are open about our sexuality mate, because we're all straight! Which I think is the whole point of the campaign.
Great that you now feel confidence to open up about yours. Fair play to ya!

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Why do you get to dictate what a nuclear family is? I can tell you for a fact that my daughter who is being raised by two dads is as loved and supported as any "traditional" family and has a damn better life with us than she would have done with her birth parents due to their circumstances

I don't understand how you can have what you believe is a valid opinion on something you know nothing about and the fact that your views on it seem to be in the minority on here fills my heart with joy

Genuine question, what part of society is worse off with me and my husband raising a happy and loved child?

Not sure why you are asking me this. The notion of a traditional nuclear family is not my dictate. I’m merely considering and comparing several millennia of what was considered the traditional family unit which I agree with as opposed to the last 1 or 2 decades of 21st century thinking.

Nor am I diminishing you or your husband’s capabilities of providing solid care and love to your daughter who you rescued from what sounds like a dreadful situation. As much as you could be the best fathers any child could ever have, you will never be the best mothers.

The first understanding any child gets about gender qualities is usually from a loving mother and father. If one of those is missing, there is an automatic relational imbalance that child will have to navigate at some point. Each gender brings something different to the party to encourage a rounded development of son or daughter. I am sure you and your husband have discussed this but when your daughter reaches puberty and adolescence a daughter will generally benefit most from her mother’s guidance. Since neither of you have those qualities, she will have to glean that from an alternative mother figure and if she is unable to do that where will that leave her emotionally?

You say my views are among the minority on this thread, perhaps they are but this forum is not a barometer for society as I believe there is still a silent and vocal majority. I notice that several regular posters have vented their frustrations with my stance with colourful language and name calling. I am not looking for anyone’s approval and truly do not care for it. Nor am I looking to wind people up as I see no benefit in that. I started this thread to see if my stance regarding CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces was valid or not. I understand why the campaign exists but still uneasy with the deeper ramifications it poses in my opinion which I will not go into on this thread.

As for your genuine question, I do not possess a crystal ball so cannot tell you that one way or another, only time will tell. But if you are really asking for my opinion, since society is basically people which includes children then I would say that any child brought up in a single sex environment will not be better off no matter how loving the parents are.

napolimp

The first understanding any child gets about gender qualities is usually from a loving mother and father. If one of those is missing, there is an automatic relational imbalance that child will have to navigate at some point. Each gender brings something different to the party to encourage a rounded development of son or daughter. I am sure you and your husband have discussed this but when your daughter reaches puberty and adolescence a daughter will generally benefit most from her mother’s guidance. Since neither of you have those qualities, she will have to glean that from an alternative mother figure and if she is unable to do that where will that leave her emotionally?

OK Jean Piaget (y)

• Love
Reactions: COV

Danceswithhorses

I would say that any child brought up in a single sex environment will not be better off no matter how loving the parents are.
I totally disagree with your opinion as i'm not sure i follow the logic in your final statement (above)
Your basically saying that ALL m/f relationships are better than ALL other kinds (m/m + f/f + single m + single f)
The child's experience in a same sex or one parent family will be 'different', but it just doesn't follow that it will be any 'better' or for that matter 'worse' than a m/f couple.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Not sure why you are asking me this. The notion of a traditional nuclear family is not my dictate. I’m merely considering and comparing several millennia of what was considered the traditional family unit which I agree with as opposed to the last 1 or 2 decades of 21st century thinking.

Nor am I diminishing you or your husband’s capabilities of providing solid care and love to your daughter who you rescued from what sounds like a dreadful situation. As much as you could be the best fathers any child could ever have, you will never be the best mothers.

You say my views are among the minority on this thread, perhaps they are but this forum is not a barometer for society as I believe there is still a silent and vocal majority. I notice that several regular posters have vented their frustrations with my stance with colourful language and name calling. I am not looking for anyone’s approval and truly do not care for it. Nor am I looking to wind people up as I see no benefit in that. I started this thread to see if my stance regarding CCFC supporting Rainbow Laces was valid or not. I understand why the campaign exists but still uneasy with the deeper ramifications it poses in my opinion which I will not go into on this thread.

As for your genuine question, I do not possess a crystal ball so cannot tell you that one way or another, only time will tell. But if you are really asking for my opinion, since society is basically people which includes children then I would say that any child brought up in a single sex environment will not be better off no matter how loving the parents are.
Deeply disgustingly offensive and wrong

Shame on you

Nick

Administrator

It's simple. What are you comparing it to when you say better off?

Somebody could be gay, lesbian or straight and be an amazing parent. Likewise they could be shit.

It's not an exclusive thing depending on if they like willies.

Reppz

It's just another completely pointless campaign clubs promote to look good and make out they're doing something supportive of the LGBQT community without actually doing anything meaningful, much like the 'Kick It Out' campaign for the black/ethnic minority community. It raises awareness, but does absolutely nothing to tackle the issue of homophobia within the game.

No doubt FIFA are right behind them all as well despite the next World Cup being in Qatar. The irony is laughable.

FulltimeWum

I'd say your views are mirrored by the minority in society. It's nice to see that you believe that there is a silent majority that agree with you, but that is probably just you and your bubble. I'm saddened that there are still people who are so narrow minded. What about children without parents, or those brought up by siblings?

It takes a village to raise a child. Reflect on that and your two millennia bollocks.

c**t.

FulltimeWum

It's just another completely pointless campaign clubs promote to look good and make out they're doing something supportive of the LGBQT community without actually doing anything meaningful, much like the 'Kick It Out' campaign for the black/ethnic minority community. It raises awareness, but does absolutely nothing to tackle the issue of homophobia within the game.

No doubt FIFA are right behind them all as well despite the next World Cup being in Qatar. The irony is laughable.
Kick it out and now the knee has brought out the racists. They claim allsorts of reasons why taking a knee is wrong, white lives matter etc.

It is just the mask slipping.

Reppz

You were judging the attractiveness of your pre-teen classmates, 60 years on as an adult?

Strange behaviour.
Kick it out and now the knee has brought out the racists. They claim allsorts of reasons why taking a knee is wrong, white lives matter etc.

It is just the mask slipping.

Maybe, but that's not the point of the campaign is it? Arguably it has brought out even more racism (if you wish to call the booing of such campaigns racism).

Like I said, clubs and football associations love these sort of things. It makes them look like they're doing something without actually doing something.

Liquid Gold

You were judging the attractiveness of your pre-teen classmates, 60 years on as an adult?

Strange behaviour.

Maybe, but that's not the point of the campaign is it? Arguably it has brought out even more racism (if you wish to call the booing of such campaigns racism).

Like I said, clubs and football associations love these sort of things. It makes them look like they're doing something without actually doing something.
What would you like them to do in order to advance LGBTQ rights instead then?

AOM

I disagree. I think campaigns like this help with raising awareness and opens discussions and further education about the subject.
The OP may or may not change their perspective but maybe others reading have?
We've also seen the comments in this thread have allowed someone (and hopefully others) to feel they can be open about their sexuality when they perhaps couldn't previously.
That already makes it worth it imo

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Nail on the head mate, couldn't have put it better myself

And the thing is we adopted my daughter when she was a baby so she doesn't know any different than being raised by two loving dad's.

She is 7 now so of course asks and is asked questions about it all but her response is that she loves her daddies more than anything and she is a very happy child and excelling at school (not meaning to be a humble brag I'm just very proud of her )

As a fairly new dad myself, this post made me as happy as any I’ve seen on this site. I have absolutely no doubt she will be but i hope when my daughter is 7 she is as happy and loved as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You’re just not very bright are you. Not only are you offensive to single sex parents but also single parents. You’ve basically said a single Dad can’t fully raise a daughter or vice versa. Open your eyes and speak to someone under the age of 60 and you might learn a thing or two about modern life. Shame on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread