CCFC announcement on new stadium (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

So's Ansty park!!!....Brandon= Rugby council,Ansty park= Rugby council..And they say no one has spoken to them...FFS SISU just go!!!! you bunch of lying parsites

I only said Brandon on the fact that's it been much speculated with all CT articles and what not.

jimmyhillsfanclub

'Coventry City Football Club has moved a step closer to securing a new, permanent home'

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't convention to have a new, permanent home before moving out of your old, permanent home?

Otherwise, surely you're just moving with your fingers crossed?

Now if only that complete bell-end Bryan Richardson had received such advice eh?.....

.....Ahh well.....luckily for us...it all turned out fine eh Bryan....:mad:

Sky Blue Kid

Six years of lies and deceipt without a thought for the people that matter...The fans! Yet, suddenly Fisher is in the press kissing the fans arses. Why don't you, Septic, and your SISU loving followers piss off and leave a once proud Football team and it's fans alone. This isn't the WWE where "Diamond Bill" turns into "Razor Ramon" or the "Undertaker" turns into the "American Badass" Come into the world of reality ffs!....We are British, not American, and don't fall for stupid personality changes. Septic..Fisher....There's a "World Championship Tag Team Belt" up for grabs in a "Ladder Match" Go break your necks in it ffs!

Manchester_sky_blue

Wasn't there someone on here not so long ago who worked/was involved in Nene Park and claimed that SISU were paying the leccy bill on the empty stadium? I'm certain i read that unless im going bonkers (entirely possible).

I think its safe to say they have their dirty little fingers in lots of pies.

fernandopartridge

“Once we have agreement on a site Quote Asked Rugby Council if they have had any request on possible planning for this sort of development, NO.

More smoke and mirrors

Is Rugby the only local authority that borders Coventry then or are you forgetting about the other 3?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Six years of lies and deceipt without a thought for the people that matter...The fans! Yet, suddenly Fisher is in the press kissing the fans arses. Why don't you, Septic, and your SISU loving followers piss off and leave a once proud Football team and it's fans alone. This isn't the WWE where "Diamond Bill" turns into "Razor Ramon" or the "Undertaker" turns into the "American Badass" Come into the world of reality ffs!....We are British, not American, and don't fall for stupid personality changes. Septic..Fisher....There's a "World Championship Tag Team Belt" up for grabs in a "Ladder Match" Go break your necks in it ffs!

Err....No..sorry....that's was just a noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc

theferret

'Coventry City Football Club has moved a step closer to securing a new, permanent home'

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't convention to have a new, permanent home before moving out of your old, permanent home?

Here's a question though. Should ACL agree to a temporary rent agreement (assuming the terms are acceptable to them) on the understanding that the club will remain there only while they build a new venue?

That would pose a dilemma for them I guess. To not agree, and the door seemingly closes on the prospect of the club playing in Coventry - and with it go the revenues the club would generate for them while in residence. Say yes, and they open themselves up to criticism that they are complicit in SISU's grand plan for a SISU Lego Superdome in Keresley, and ultimately their own demise (without a significant change to their business model).

italiahorse

Always going to happen IMHO,
Could NEVER see a deal being done on the Ricoh because of the 'Compass' contract but guess we'll just have to wait and see?

The compass contract I believe finishes in about 5/7 years. Surely building a stadium for the sake of waiting 2/4 years is stupid.
In addition Compass are aware that they will loose the stadium business so will be flexible on negotiations in the interim period.
Are these people and in particular SISU unable to negotiate ?

Two statements stick out in my mind and could have with just sitting down a little longer be sorted.

SISU - "Liquidation is an option" which forced the administration option, initially by ACL.
ACL - "We are not prepared to negotiate anymore with SISU" which forced the ground share and new stadium threat.

NorthernWisdom

Here's a question though. Should ACL agree to a temporary rent agreement (assuming the terms are acceptable to them) on the understanding that the club will remain there only while they build a new venue?

That would pose a dilemma for them I guess. To not agree, and the door seemingly closes on the prospect of the club playing in Coventry - and with it go the revenues the club would generate for them while in residence. Say yes, and they open themselves up to criticism that they are complicit in SISU's grand plan for a SISU Lego Superdome in Keresley, and ultimately their own demise (without a significant change to their business model).

Would make it easier for them to plan in advance for alternative uses for the venue however, and set up a long term plan that works for them.

If it happened (note: IF!) two major sporting facilities in the city would not be a bad thing.

(IF)

italiahorse

I would if I was them. It would force SISU to carry out there threats and potentially call there bluff.
I think SISU would not want this as the financial stress on ACL would be relieved.

Manchester_sky_blue

It buys them time though. If we agreed to rent the Ricoh for the next 3 years instead of going to sixfields then that's 3 years worth of income in ACL's pocket, which is partly owned by the taxpayer don't forget so they have a duty to get the maximum return possible for those who foot the bill, and another 3 years in which to either dissuade SISU from building their Lego dome or 3 years in which to hope the club gets new owners.

SonOfSnoz

All a load of bull, why are Rugby council denying any knowledge of bids for mentioned sites?
Unless they signed a confidentiality clause?
Probably a final sweetner by sisu in this mess called CCFC!

italiahorse

Wasn't there someone on here not so long ago who worked/was involved in Nene Park and claimed that SISU were paying the leccy bill on the empty stadium? I'm certain i read that unless im going bonkers (entirely possible).

I think its safe to say they have their dirty little fingers in lots of pies.

Knee jerk reactions bordering on incompetence ?

McLovin87

Would make it easier for them to plan in advance for alternative uses for the venue however, and set up a long term plan that works for them.

If it happened (note: IF!) two major sporting facilities in the city would not be a bad thing.

(IF)

The trouble is that one of them would more than likely be a White Elephant, the Ricoh Arena has already established itself as a world class venue for concerts and sporting events.

The new stadium would have to match or exceed the capacity and the quality of facilities to attract events and this would cost a fair bit of money.

If you stand back and look at SISU's proposal it is complete bollocks and is just another roll of the dice as the endgame approaches.

Manchester_sky_blue

The trouble is that one of them would more than likely be a White Elephant, the Ricoh Arena has already established itself as a world class venue for concerts and sporting events.

The new stadium would have to match or exceed the capacity and the quality of facilities to attract events and this would cost a fair bit of money.

If you stand back and look at SISU's proposal it is complete bollocks and is just another roll of the dice as the endgame approaches.

This is precisely why SISU will never go ahead with their mooted plan. Match day revenues are not enough to sustain a club of our size under FFP rules. You need the concerts, conferences, exhibitions etc as well to stand any chance of balancing the books. The Ricoh would still be the preferred venue in the city because its already established. If we do end up leaving the Ricoh for good I think they will just roof it over and make it a year round conference and concert venue. The NEC group might even be interested in buying it.

shropshirecov

That's what happened last time

theferret

Quite possibly, but I think two venues could co-exist. It very much depends on what they built, and if they were to try to build something to rival the Ricoh then I think it would fail. Concentrate on building a venue for the football club first and foremost, something similar to what they have at Reading and Swansea say, then it would become viable I think - without impacting too much on the Ricoh which would chase very different events.

Look, I don't think any of this will happen, just idle speculation really. As someone points out above though, perhaps ACL should call their bluff. 'Yeah, yeah - you come back here while you build your new stadium, that's fine by us..' because once they are back playing there, and once the realities of trying to get a stadium project off the ground hit home, it will all change you feel.

Nonleagueherewecome

Coventry City FC chief executive Tim Fisher said: “We completely understand the pain the groundshare is going to cause our supporters..." But we think they're scum so fuck 'em, eh?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Depends if ACL feel they have a Plan B or C. I think it is pretty clear they want CCFC to stay because that was why the stadium was built. However there must, if they know there are alternatives, be a point where they take their business in a different direction.

Everyone focusses on the Turnover lost but is that the important figure ? No one is sure what margin ACL makes on the CCFC business or the effect losing that may have on the whole site. It has been said the the income derived from CCFC is now only 9% of the Ricoh Arena turnover can that be lost or replaced without damaging profitability. TF said that the margins made on CCFC F&B were not very good at 10% of less than £1m could that be replaced with other business making better margins at say 30% if so then they only need to make up approx one third of the turnover lost to stand still. That leaves the rent to make up - already suggested they would decrease to £400k which gives them a return so is the breakeven on that lower? Dont think the "trade gap" is as big as some would have us believe.

So to answer your question - if ACL believe they can cover the "trade gap" then a short term deal is irrelevant to them. There is no real benefit as it closes off other opportunities. Therefore if they do feel confident that they have a profitable business without CCFC I would guess they will only be considering deals of 10 years plus. (complies with League requirements)

Even if they are prepared to consider a 3 year deal they have to be certain how that affects their plan. It might well work out for CCFC but it blocks ACL income opportunities too. Yes they will get a rent, and other incomes but in 3 years time they are back at where we are today..... or worse having to extend for an unknown period. How do you plan around that? Does that actually leave ACL vulnerable ? In cold hard business terms does that equal the best choice for ACL? It might well suit SISU but ACL are not there to run CCFC.

Yes it is a dileamour but equally what happens if ACL say no deal on rent or CVA that will leave SISU with some serious dileamours of their own whilst leaving ACL 3 years to build a business/ reputation not reliant on CCFC which in turn will take future non football income away from any new ground

Of course no deal could mean curtains for both .......... but I do not think that will be the case (curtains i mean not sure there will be a deal)

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Someone would buy the Ricoh, even if they ended up demolishing the stadium and building something else the land still has value. As already mentioned I think they would just look to put a roof on it and make it a full time conference and concert venue.

RegTheDonk

Might be bullshit but its obvious sisu are looking to build a stadium.only an idiot would think their game plan is to be in Northampton forever.

Club needs to own its stadium, time for council to sell it back to us. Either that or demolish it out of spite

But the council are heroes right? They wouldn't do such a thing?

Do the right thing CCC and sell sell sell.

Sell yes, but sell at the going rate.

Seems another SISU tactic to frighten ACL to sell the Ricoh on the cheap.

And don't be under any illusion that CCFC will own their own stadium. It will be a SISU assett, CCFC will just rent it of them rather than the council.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Statement was released an hour and a half ago and already SkySportsNews are reporting it on twitter! How has this happened and no mention about the Fan's Protest???

Wouldn't surprise me if they were bribed not to report on the protest, it doesn't even get a mention in the article.

dongonzalos

Might be bullshit but its obvious sisu are looking to build a stadium.only an idiot would think their game plan is to be in Northampton forever.

Club needs to own its stadium, time for council to sell it back to us. Either that or demolish it out of spite

But the council are heroes right? They wouldn't do such a thing?

Do the right thing CCC and sell sell sell.

Maybe an idiot would ignore the real reason they are moving to Northampton.

The fact it is completely economically unviable to build a new stadium after absorbing 5 years of massive loses in Northampton. Then still expect to sell the whole package and make a profit.

They are moving for one reason.
It is a massive gamble if the Ricoh find a sustainable alternative use then we are screwed.

RegTheDonk

Oldskyblue, so glad you take the time to bring your experience to this forum. Does help a lot in making things clearer :)

dongonzalos

Yes they should.

It would give them at least 5 years to arrange alternative options.

It would also expose the fact that SISU have no intention of building a new stadium.

It would massively go against what TF (JS) wants.

What ACL need to do now is say to the FL.

Here is the projected loses if SISU move to Northampton.

Here is the money saved if they accept our 5 year deal.

The fans will not be affected over to you FA/FL.

There is no reasonable explanation for CCFC to have to move.

CovMatt1987

'Coventry City FC chief executive Tim Fisher said: “We completely understand the pain the groundshare is going to cause our supporters but we have a clear path to return to the Coventry area.'

We were already IN the Coventry area you plum! And you understand the pain? No you don't. Fans will stop going for THREE YEARS. That is not pain it is a clear statement that fans do not accept the groundshare.

If he just sees it as pain he is missing the point completely.

Couldnt have worded it any better - this totally sums it up. He is MASSIVELY missing the point. Its not the 'pain' in terms of annoyance about going to Northampton to watch our football club, we go around the country to watch our football club. its that its OUR football club, IE Coventry City. the clue is in the name and yet he still massively misses the point

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So to answer your question - if ACL believe they can cover the "trade gap" then a short term deal is irrelevant to them. There is no real benefit as it closes off other opportunities. Therefore if they do feel confident that they have a profitable business without CCFC I would guess they will only be considering deals of 10 years plus. (complies with League requirements)

Even if they are prepared to consider a 3 year deal they have to be certain how that affects their plan. It might well work out for CCFC but it blocks ACL income opportunities too. Yes they will get a rent, and other incomes but in 3 years time they are back at where we are today..... or worse having to extend for an unknown period. How do you plan around that? Does that actually leave ACL vulnerable ? In cold hard business terms does that equal the best choice for ACL? It might well suit SISU but ACL are not there to run CCFC.

ACL's accounts appear to stand up without the football club. As we know, the auditor would tend to agree with that assessment. I think they need CCFC's continued tenancy due to credibility, more than pragmatic reasons.

Let's be frank, we all know it's a multi-faceted-events-venue; but first and foremost it's a football stadium. Lose that and the raison d'être has gone. They have diversified their incomes very well in recent years. It annoys me when they're accused of being foolish; as the broadness of their portfolio is evidence that they're not. However, it's a credibility wouldn't be enhanced by having a great big patch of grass that's infrequently used.

From SISU's perspective, it could be argued they've made this move a few years too late. Three or four years ago; such actions would probably have crippled ACL. Perhaps now it's a borderline situation given ACL's broader portfolio.

And having tried to set sail and sold season tickets in such sparse numbers that the entire season ticket holding could travel to each game in the same Montego Estate; perhaps now why they're back at the table?

dongonzalos

ACL if they are smart need to consider the 9500 to potentially 15000 people.
Contemplating what they are going to do with their Saturday afternoons.

A lot of entertainment venues in the region should be ramping up their advertising campaigns.

I can see it now ' have you got the sky BLUE? ' Cheer up come to us this Saturday afternoon 25% off for people in Coventry colours!

tuousis

Grow up,we couldnt even afford to pay the rent for it,so why should we buy it,The other ground that tired Tim raves about will never happen. I think you know that.

T

true sky blue

nothing will happen for 10 or 11 days yet. this meeting is just the first. Sisu are playing a blinder though, i see ACL seeing the light soon.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so in what way are SISU dazzling everyone just exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread