Match Thread Carlisle United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Dec (1 Viewer)

Otis

The first half was a non event for both sides, we stepped up in the second half and started to pass the ball to each other and then we became incisive and created space and then chances.
Still a heavy police presence at Carlisle station.
Now?

BackRoomRummermill

The game today was a good win against a side on a run away on a freezing cold day, DKE was very good . Decent support today as well
Cov were the better team of two , should and could have been 3 , burge played ok and made a really decent punch and a couple of saves . Watching Biamou off the ball and off camera he really needs to think more about positional play but was disappointed he did not score , he is best suited to come on a sub I believe as the opposing side will be disrupted positionally. Well done Cov

oucho

Well done lads, sounds like a hard won 3 points at a tough away ground.

BackRoomRummermill

Just to highlight the mistake by the Carlisle man was due the the misjudged header due to blustery wind which I called in in an earlier post which could help us second half , it was weird as the wind just died after that , look at the corner flags on the highlights , bizarre weather

Cov kid 55

I thought we played very well today. First half was quite flat, we were against the wind and held them quite comfortably, just one scare after a bit of a scramble. In the second half, we dominated possession and played some really good football. We played through them well along the ground, and could have had 3/4 goals with a little more composure. And this despite being disrupted by 3 forced substitutions due to injury. Our goal came when their defender misjudged a high ball in the wind and it was well taken by McNulty. Thought Burge did well, one misunderstanding with defence which could have been costly, but generally solid.

The Sky Blue army were excellent today, and it was interesting to see Biamou come right up to the crowd at the end, and the positive reception he received. He gets some negative comments on here, and 21? games without a goal is not the greatest stat, but he was appreciated by the fans (547 of them) today.

Well done the team and fans - a great day out!

RegTheDonk

Think we deserved that win, albeit we were poor first half. Glad to see they were trying to build from the back a bit more, it helped keep possession and kept us off the back foot a bit more than usual. Hope we can finish top 3 as my gut says we will bugger up at least one game in the play offs.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes he’s actually a lot better than most local reporters. Foster hasn’t a clue regarding our own players let alone the opposition

I know it was a while ago, but I think Geoff Foster's speech has never fully recovered from the stroke he suffered - shame, he's a really nice bloke, but I'm convinced that the slightly stuttered commentary and interviews are unfortunate bi-products of that unfortunate event. Not ideal in his line of work.

fernandopartridge

fuck me, here we are in 5th place, just taken 9 points from 12, just won at a fucking hard place to go, we have conceded 18 goals in 25 games ( best in the league) and some fuckers on here STILL want to slag the team off
There are 19 other teams and their fans who would love to be where we are, get real fuckers.
I know, most of them are armchair simpletons. Can accuse this season's team of a lot of things but a lack of effort isn't one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

Can't see why not. I didn't fancy us to win the Checkatrade trophy but we did.
Yep, but not the same pressure as a promotion match I wouldn't have thought. The Checkatrade was a bit of fun and relief from the league. Sure, we wanted to win it, but there wasn't that great need to win it.

The implications of promotion or non promotion are that much greater.

itsabuzzard

I know, most of them are armchair simpletons. Can accuse this season's team of a lot of things but a lack of effort isn't one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rather harsh, don't you think? From what I've read, much of the criticism of the team has been measured and well reasoned.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Marc mcnulty is involved in all our dangerous play , he’s turning out to be a fantastic player for us .

At the end of the day, as the song says, there ain't nobody like McNulty.

Adge

I know it was a while ago, but I think Geoff Foster's speech has never fully recovered from the stroke he suffered - shame, he's a really nice bloke, but I'm convinced that the slightly stuttered commentary and interviews are unfortunate bi-products of that unfortunate event. Not ideal in his line of work.
He was useless before that.

skyblue025

Would give us a good chance in the play offs. We do well against the top 8 and shit against the bottom 8. Had recent Wembley experience as well. Nothing to worry about.

SlowerThanPlatt

I predicted in June in the ‘I told you so’ thread McNulty will score 15+ goals this season. Always knew he would come good. Seems to best link up when Nazon is on the pitch but MR doesn’t seem to favour him and isn’t likely to be staying there

Users who are viewing this thread