Match Thread Carlisle United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Dec (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Carlisle United - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

higgs

Stevenson for davies not many other options available at the moment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I think we have to win. Unfortunately however, I think we will lose. Carlisle now won 3 on the trot and we have lost our last 2 away games.

Can't now be going in with any degree of confidence. We seem to struggle against teams below us in the table.

Carlisle are 12th and we are 7th. Lose to them though and they will just be a point behind us.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure what he can do tactically, he needs to find a way to start unlocking defences and getting an actual match plan.

I'd give Beavon a go on the right of midfield, he is a clever player with a decent touch so it might work.

Otis

I am not sure what he can do tactically, he needs to find a way to start unlocking defences and getting an actual match plan.
Shame we don't have this Barrett until Monday. Sounds like he would be the obvious choice to slot right in.

NortonSkyBlue

I would like to see Robins rest Biamou, for his sake as much as the team.
I thought the set up yesterday was correct, just failed because the wing backs couldn't deliver crosses and the center forward couldn't hold the ball up.
We should go for it and stamp ourselves upon Carlisle and go for the three points.

Nick

Administrator
I would like to see Robins rest Biamou, for his sake as much as the team.
I thought the set up yesterday was correct, just failed because the wing backs couldn't deliver crosses and the center forward couldn't hold the ball up.
We should go for it and stamp ourselves upon Carlisle and go for the three points.

We didn't play Wing backs, it turned out to be 4-4-2. I thought the same until CCFC confirmed it when Grimmer was so advanced.

stevefloyd

I'd give Beavon a go on the right of midfield, he is a clever player with a decent touch so it might work.
to be brutally honest he can't do any worse than the previous players even play him upfront but its getting to the point I couldn't care less again and that really pisses me off!! Disappointment is a terrible thing to bring out the negatives

NortonSkyBlue

We certainly played with wing backs yesterday until their wingers forced a rethink. Some of the most inept crossing I have witnessed, it was like Burge was on the wing with so much slicing and over hitting.

Nick

Administrator
We certainly played with wing backs yesterday until their wingers forced a rethink. Some of the most inept crossing I have witnessed, it was like Burge was on the wing with so much slicing and over hitting.

It wasn't, Grimmer was right midfield which is where it was confusing when he was so advanced to start with.

Stokes was Left Back with Shipley in front.

pusbccfc

Has anyone purchased tickets in the terrace? Apparently they have taken tickets off sale there, but won't be moving fans to the seats.

Without doubt this will be the worst atmosphere of the season.

Gazolba

It's tough to forecast this game.
Probably a 2-1 defeat.
Maybe if we score first, we can scrape a draw.

letsallsingtogether

Well I am going to get my ticket on Friday was hoping it would be potg.

Cov kid 55

Ordered our tickets today, a home match for us, just 35 miles from our home in Hexham. They wouldn’t post them, so they’re supposed to be arriving on a supporter’s coach. I’m a bit nervous of this, the last time I was supposed to pick up tickets was Fleetwood away last season, and they never arrived. I had to p.o.g. which I won’t be able to do Saturday (not in the City end). To be fair, City refunded me without quibble, fingers crossed they turn up this time. The game? I think we can keep a clean sheet, and snatch one, holding on in a tense last 10 minutes plus 6 minutes extra! PUSB!!

johnwillomagic

I hate the formation but would not be adverse to 3-5-2 on this occasion......spit! If doing this would go with the following.
Would try to get the Duck back in for a start too.

Burge GK
Grimmer RWB
Stokes LWB
Willis CB
Davies CB
MacDonald CB
Doyle DCM
Baylis DCM
McNulty ATT
Duck ATT
Beavon ST

Subs: O'Brien, Haynes, DKE, Stevenson. Shipley, Biamou, Ponticelli.

Otis

I hate the formation but would not be adverse to 3-5-2 on this occasion......spit! If doing this would go with the following.
Would try to get the Duck back in for a start too.

Burge GK
Grimmer RWB
Stokes LWB
Willis CB
Davies CB
MacDonald CB
Doyle DCM
Baylis DCM
McNulty ATT
Duck ATT
Beavon ST

Subs: O'Brien, Haynes, DKE, Stevenson. Shipley, Biamou, Ponticelli.
Yeah, I think it may be time to give Nazon a start again.

Guess it may depend on whether he is still here after Jan 1st or not.

Cv3cov

Ordered our tickets today, a home match for us, just 35 miles from our home in Hexham. They wouldn’t post them, so they’re supposed to be arriving on a supporter’s coach. I’m a bit nervous of this, the last time I was supposed to pick up tickets was Fleetwood away last season, and they never arrived. I had to p.o.g. which I won’t be able to do Saturday (not in the City end). To be fair, City refunded me without quibble, fingers crossed they turn up this time. The game? I think we can keep a clean sheet, and snatch one, holding on in a tense last 10 minutes plus 6 minutes extra! PUSB!!

You’ll be ok CAN pog now

Users who are viewing this thread