Match Thread Carlisle United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Dec (2 Viewers)

Voice_of_Reason

Lincoln's next two fixtures are against Luton and Notts County. Should sort the top three out, bearing in mind we play Exeter next away game.

Grendel

What a tit you are.
If he hadn’t scored today and missed a penalty. It would knock his confidence that’s life. You really don’t get psychology do you?

You haven’t a clue you hopeless clown

skybluesam66

Eakin was making cock up after cock up on the radio, kept calling the ground the Ricoh, and keeps going erm before speaking.Can't he be replaced in the January window ?
rather him than Foster
erm its a goal . erm not sure who scored(at this stage we done even know which team scored) erm that;s 1-0 erm erm Coventry losing - ?Number 10 scored erm

Grendel

rather him than Foster
erm its a goal . erm not sure who scored(at this stage we done even know which team scored) erm that;s 1-0 erm erm Coventry losing - ?Number 10 scored erm

Yes he’s actually a lot better than most local reporters. Foster hasn’t a clue regarding our own players let alone the opposition

Kingokings204

his summary of the first half was like listening to a drunk elderly relative talking to no one in particular, it was embarrassing.

I honestly don’t know who audits them because they need the sack more than foster and eakin and linell. I rarely listen these days but just the handful of games just this season has been laughable. Never knows the players and never says the score which I find really annoying. It’s the radio we need to know the score ffs. We don’t know unless he tells us.

Captain Dart

3 season ending injuries now. Wow

Funny, when Robins was here for first spell I thought he must be doing something right because he never had many injuries Just a luck thing then & luck ran out.

Adge

3 points was all that was needed after the Port Vale no show. Mind you, it doesn’t look too bad now as they tonked Luton.

Liquid Gold

Funny league this. The football was terrible in the first hale, improved in the second but quality is poor overall The thing is that it seems the other 23 teams are just as bad. Anybody can beat anybody and no team has struck me as being really decent this season (including us). To be this close with the number of points we've thrown away is astounding but we have to take that as a sign and push on for a 10ish game streak without losing.

There are 3 automatic spots up for grabs and we have to grab one of them. I wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs with our record in front of large expectant crowds (although there will be no more than 12k because the walkup price is 'simply too expensive'). Winning again on Monday would be great and strengthening in January has to be spot on. Miss out this year and we could be stuck here for a while. Robins needs to be drilling the team on the training ground to play the ball at pace on the deck because that's when we're a danger to teams, he can't rest on his laurels and hope what we've been doing is good enough because other teams might put the run together and leave us scrapping for playoffs.

Good win today but still loads of work to do.

Otis

Funny league this. The football was terrible in the first hale, improved in the second but quality is poor overall The thing is that it seems the other 23 teams are just as bad. Anybody can beat anybody and no team has struck me as being really decent this season (including us). To be this close with the number of points we've thrown away is astounding but we have to take that as a sign and push on for a 10ish game streak without losing.

There are 3 automatic spots up for grabs and we have to grab one of them. I wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs with our record in front of large expectant crowds (although there will be no more than 12k because the walkup price is 'simply too expensive'). Winning again on Monday would be great and strengthening in January has to be spot on. Miss out this year and we could be stuck here for a while.
My worry too. I wouldn't fancy us in the playoffs either.

Would fully expect capitulation and failure.

NortonSkyBlue

The first half was a non event for both sides, we stepped up in the second half and started to pass the ball to each other and then we became incisive and created space and then chances.
Still a heavy police presence at Carlisle station.

torchomatic

I was nearly right. Good win. Keeps us up there.

Users who are viewing this thread