Match Thread Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

A great three points, these are tough games so hard to play against teams who’s basic tactic is long ball to their land of the giants, and remember these were up there challenging a lot of last season.

Magwitch

Always worth bearing in mind that we started slowly in our League 2 and first League 1 season under Robins. This is a much more unforgiving league but there have been very encouraging signs that we’ve found our feet defensively in the last two game which will be crucial if we’re to stay up.
Correct and just like last season Kelly was out the first games and our improvement was when Kelly came back.

Mucca Mad Boys

Always worth bearing in mind that we started slowly in our League 2 and first League 1 season under Robins. This is a much more unforgiving league but there have been very encouraging signs that we’ve found our feet defensively in the last two game which will be crucial if we’re to stay up.

We’ve also had a difficult start to the season. After Norwich, we would have played against 9 of the top 12.

Despite many results going against us, there was glimpses that we have got what it takes to compete in this league.

South West Sky Blue

We weren’t lucky tonight, we got what was fair. Their “goal” was a clear push / foul. I didn’t see it live, but clearly visible on the replay. Fair play to the ref for seeing it.

Having Marosi taken out in a reckless foul is bad news. Don’t think the lad tried to hurt him, but he’s lucky not to get carded. That’s the only disappointment of the evening as we’re clearly worse off without him (despite his two dodgy moments tonight). Team mates are happy passing back to him and trusting his touch and passing. Don’t think Wilson will inspire the same trust levels. Good luck to him though. Hopefully he’ll thrive on it.

Mucca Mad Boys

A fantastic result for us tonight. Cardiff will probably be in and around the playoffs at the end of the season.

Fair play to Robins mixing it up and showing his flexibility as a manager (again). The midfield dominated the game and we won a lot of balls in the middle third, and seemed to win most second balls. Kelly was particularly brilliant defensively. Giles on the wing was a really sound choice, he’s got pace and he’s a threat - just needs to make more of his chances. The defence was solid as a unit today with Dabo and McCallum being quite effective in their roles. Finally, a shout out to Walker who has been a nuisance recently and got his reward tonight with a good finish - being critical, he should have finished his other clear cut chance.

Generally, it must be said that we have looked more solid defensively playing 4-5-1 than 5-3-2. As a newly promoted team, we’ve got to sort out the defence first.

cc84cov

A fantastic result for us tonight. Cardiff will probably be in and around the playoffs at the end of the season.

Fair play to Robins mixing it up and showing his flexibility as a manager (again). The midfield dominated the game and we won a lot of balls in the middle third, and seemed to win most second balls. Kelly was particularly brilliant defensively. Giles on the wing was a really sound choice, he’s got pace and he’s a threat - just needs to make more of his chances. The defence was solid as a unit today with Dabo and McCallum being quite effective in their roles. Finally, a shout out to Walker who has been a nuisance recently and got his reward tonight with a good finish - being critical, he should have finished his other clear cut chance.

Generally, it must be said that we have looked more solid defensively playing 4-5-1 than 5-3-2. As a newly promoted team, we’ve got to sort out the defence first.
I doubt they will be around the play offs their similar to Brum poor side

Brighton Sky Blue

Slight issue for the next game with McCallum unavailable, O’Hare to start you’d think

Mucca Mad Boys

I doubt they will be around the play offs their similar to Brum poor side

Based off tonight’s game, you’re right. Last season, this same team came pretty close to reaching the playoff final.

It’s a long season, there’s plenty of time for everyone to turn things around.

Terry_dactyl

Fuckin’ hell folks...

great win today! Made all the sweeter by the fact I got to share it with my cardiff season ticket holding partner and her dad! Get the fuck in!

(This is the first time I’ve been able to express my joy! “Oh yes, I agree, a draw would’ve been a fair result”. Fuck off!)

PS
Apologies for the slightly rambled post.

wingy

Clean sheet .
Come on !!

Ooh wrote this around 2 hrs back and forgot to post it.
We've also discarded the zonal marking,yes ?

covcity4life

2nd clean sheet ina row and win vs team in playoffs last year

Proven right about keeping new formation too and not letting my view of performances be clouded by results

Covcity4life is always right!

Danceswithhorses

Great win lads.
We've beaten a Cardiff side, whose wage bill must be 5 times or so more than ours.
Same with some of our draws and losses...all of those clubs have much bigger transfer/wage budgets.
The fact that we've rarely been outplayed, and feel aggrieved about some of our close losses, i believe, shows what a good job our management team are (still) doing with extremely limited funds.
PUSB
ps I can't tell you how happy i feel seeing Derby at the bottom of the table :ROFLMAO:

Johhny Blue

Fuckin’ hell folks...

great win today! Made all the sweeter by the fact I got to share it with my cardiff season ticket holding partner and her dad! Get the fuck in!

(This is the first time I’ve been able to express my joy! “Oh yes, I agree, a draw would’ve been a fair result”. Fuck off!)

PS
Apologies for the slightly rambled post.
I don’t think Cardiff deserved a draw. Zero creativity

SlowerThanPlatt

Can’t believe just how poorly Derby are doing! 6 points adrift and 5 goals from 13 games

Anything at Norwich is a bonus but 3 points at Derby would give us an encouraging return from the last 5

Terry Gibson's perm

Can’t believe just how poorly Derby are doing! 6 points adrift and 5 goals from 13 games

Anything at Norwich is a bonus but 3 points at Derby would give us an encouraging return from the last 5

are we going to play Derby just as they get a new manager as it doesn’t look like granny shagger is making much of a positive difference.

clint van damme

Easily the best two games so far

Robins has managed to accept we need to scrap and fight and forget thus expansive nonsense

Why Kelly has been frozen out who actually knows but I would guess he starts must weeks now

War horses like Mcfazdean hamer sheaf and Shipley are essential as they can run and dig

Walker in the second half was superb

I really liked the way we've been playing last couple of years and I wanted us to carry that on in like that in this division and create a playing style that people clearly identified us with.
But that was extremely naïve, given we're new in a tough league with a low budget it's going to have to be more of what we've seen last two games. It's not going to be pretty but it's what we need to do to survive.

shmmeee

We are passing it around really well dont think we have sacrificed our brand of footy at all

We looked a lot more fluent than against Brum, mind you last ten minutes we looked like a non league side hanging on for a lucrative FA Cup replay.

I just worry that we’ve played two awful teams and didn’t look like beating one if we played all night and only beat the other thanks to a defensive cock up.

Proof of the pudding will be Norwich.

covcity4life

We looked a lot more fluent than against Brum, mind you last ten minutes we looked like a non league side hanging on for a lucrative FA Cup replay.

I just worry that we’ve played two awful teams and didn’t look like beating one if we played all night and only beat the other thanks to a defensive cock up.

Reading and qpr were top. Cardiff playoffs last year

Played very well vs Bristol and Watford away currently in title race

Thibk we are a good team but agree need to score more goals

Yestdays error makes up for our giveaway vs forest

Magwitch

Didn’t look like beating them ? We could have scored four in the first ten minutes of the second half. Looks like we have got our defence right just the other end now, need Godden back asap

AFCCOVENTRY

It’s taken about 10 games odd but the players are now adjusting to this league. The clean sheet and defending gives us a chance to win games now. We lose Sam against Norwich so let’s see what formation Robins picks as Giles isn’t a LB.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s taken about 10 games odd but the players are now adjusting to this league. The clean sheet and defending gives us a chance to win games now. We lose Sam against Norwich so let’s see what formation Robins picks as Giles isn’t a LB.

He might not have a choice but to play him there. Much more concerned about the goalkeeper situation tbh

Users who are viewing this thread