Match Thread Cardiff (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

You know when we said we’ll stick with Robins through almost everything, does playing Shipley as a right winger count? Especially when we have the personnel on the bench to play the formation we’ve looked most threatening.

I think he's just trying to troll the iFollow formation dude with these selections

Esoterica

Could still be the 4-2-3-1 with Giles, Shipley, Hamer as the 3. The U23s played 4-2-3-1 yesterday too, although don't know if that's the norm. I'm not sure what's weirder. That as a 3 behind Walker or the possibility we might be playing 3 different formations in 3 consecutive halves.

fatso

So, we’ve got 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders,
I’m lumping on big on a goalless draw!

Liquid Gold

Even the offal has lost the plot!

''Elsewhere, Marko Marosi will be looking to build on Friday's clean sheet and so will his back four of Sam McCallum, Dom Hyam, Kyle McFadzean, Fankaty Dabo and Ryan Giles.''
Maybe we’re going for an under 7s trials format of just chucking them out and seeing what happens. The players dads will be along the sideline.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was generally fairly positive even with a draw against blues, but this team sheet today has got relegation written all over it. Shipley? Me and Mark are going to fall out pretty quickly if this shit carries on.

Even though I am going to watch, there has been a big head versus heart battle going on to pay the £10 tonight.

Liquid Gold

Actually weirdly already coming round to the idea of Shipley as a right sided inside forward. Loves a shot and has a cracking left foot.

theferret

For the record, someone can quote me in this when we go 45mins without having a shot.........I prefer one up front, really don’t get the obsession with most people thinking two up front is automatically more attacking.

It's not an obsession, it's an observation. Against Reading, Forest and Watford we seemed to create far more opportunities than in the games proceeding and the one since. Think Middlesborough and Blues and then look back at the 3 games mentioned above and tell me we weren't more of an attacking threat?

Brighton Sky Blue

Actually weirdly already coming round to the idea of Shipley as a right sided inside forward. Loves a shot and has a cracking left foot.

This just worryingly looks like having a punt and hoping for the best. Max fucking up against Forest and Callum's madness at Watford has made him ditch something that was fine the way it was

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When I saw Giles in I assumed Dabo was out again. Then i saw Dabo and mcCallum still in.

So then i thought Giles in front of McCallum which I quite liked but then thought who in front of Dabo? Shipley? Naturally left footed and can be very variable in his performances. Hamer? had played on the right at other clubs but seems a bit of a waste of him out there. Plus Dabo isn't the best RB and is far more comfortable when wing back.

EDIT: just heard them say warm up looks back three with McCallum at CB? Why with Osti on the bench? And Thompson. Also doesn't say much for Pask.

Seems slightly odd to me and trying to stick square pegs in round holes.

But hopefully he'll have stumbled upon another formation that works for us.

Great_Expectations

Get the calls about the potentially bizzare team selection and unclear formation, but don’t agree with the lack of creativity comments.

Could (and should) we be more creative? Yep. But there’s enough in there to make something happen, set up dependent.

Users who are viewing this thread