Match Thread Cardiff - Home - wednesday the 15th (2 Viewers)

WestEndAgro

Hi I wondered if anyone could help - we always normally get a lift - coach or train to the games -
last time I had to drive was a while ago and we used to park around the industrial estate where the car trade centre now is -- I see they have parking restrictions there now ---- Do you think it would be ok parking there Wed for the Cardiff game or do they have wardens checking ? Didn't know if anyone else might still park round that way - Cheers
I believe street parking is available, it certainly was previously at the Ricoh, the restrictions end at 6pm.

Grendel

Grendel

Perhaps I've been fortunate then, I'm going to check the signs tomorrow, as I would have been parking there Wednesday.
I know the restrictions are limited to gates over 10,000.

They often never updated the signs. Including day games I parked in some crescent near the hub every game in the season before ST Andrew’s and the sign never updated - the only game I didn’t was a Good Friday when I worked and had to park much nearer and I got done

WestEndAgro

They often never updated the signs. Including day games I parked in some crescent near the hub every game in the season before ST Andrew’s and the sign never updated - the only game I didn’t was a Good Friday when I worked and had to park much nearer and I got done
The penny has just dropped
It was only night game's that I parked, I just checked the road signs, it said free parking after 6pm I didn't even think of the exclusion zone 🙃

Londonccfcfan

We were a good 15 mins late on Saturday..as we were walking through lythals lane and bedlam lane...at around 3.05 the sneaky wardens 2 off them were at the top of the Road.

They deliberately wait till just after 3pm.

fernandopartridge

Just saw this on the Cardiff forum:

I think we’ll win. We’ve got the feel good factor from yesterday and I think Coventry’s position in the table is deceptive. They’ve got 4W and 2L but played and beaten the teams in 15th, 19th, 22nd and 24th

Of Cardiff's 3 wins, 2 were against the same teams that sit 19th and 24th and the other against Millwall who are 14th one place above Middlesbrough on goals scored only.

wingy

Just saw this on the Cardiff forum:

Of Cardiff's 3 wins, 2 were against the same teams that sit 19th and 24th and the other against Millwall who are 14th one place above Middlesbrough on goals scored only.
Brilliant logic that and likely helped along those teams to that position.

steve101

When there is a big difference in the height of the two teams we need to make environmental changes to suit us. We could let the grass grow longer so our players can hide in it or reduce the height of the CBS roof so that their players will need to crouch and get bad backs.

ccfcmad1

50/50 if I'll make the game due to Mrs work so will have to be pay on gate so close to kick off, will the little one get through by showing jsb card or will I have to pay for ticket even though tickets free with membership?

Last edited:

Jamesimus

If the ref remembers his yellow cards then I see no reason we can't get an okay result this time round. Would settle for a draw but found the last time we played them infuriating.

covboy9

This will show how good we are atm

McCarthy teams always big and physical, we’ll have to be brave and fit

ccfc_Tom

Could see Kane starting over Dabo in this one. Love Dabo, but Kane sounds like hes a very physical player and we might need that. Maybe even Dabo LWB and Kane RWB. Sheaf for Allen makes sense but that was the best I have seen Allen in a city shirt vs borough, I would keep in. Sheaf for Hamer anyone?

Jamesimus

Could see Kane starting over Dabo in this one. Love Dabo, but Kane sounds like hes a very physical player and we might need that. Maybe even Dabo LWB and Kane RWB. Sheaf for Allen makes sense but that was the best I have seen Allen in a city shirt vs borough, I would keep in. Sheaf for Hamer anyone?

He may not be 6ft tall, but Dabo is a pretty physical player I think. That being said, having the option to bring him on against tired legs later on could work.

pusbccfc

1500 Cardiff on a Wednesday night on Sky is brilliant really.

shmmeee

What does that stat even mean 🤣

Tackles ? losing it then retrieving it ?

Every team targets our left hand side , the lad is targeted for a reason , he is going to win the ball back (whatever that means ) more because of this alone

You honestly don’t know what “winning the ball” means??

He’s made more successful tackles than anyone else.

You’re like a dog with a bone when you don’t like a player. First couple of games I’d have agreed he looked shaky defensively but he’s improved massively.

Evo1883

You honestly don’t know what “winning the ball” means??

He’s made more successful tackles than anyone else.

You’re like a dog with a bone when you don’t like a player. First couple of games I’d have agreed he looked shaky defensively but he’s improved massively.

Has he ?

Decimated multiple times at QPR , dodgy Saturday if not for Moore we'd be blaming him for their goal .

I'm realistic

You said da Costa was great
Moore was shite
And Rose would slot back in instead of hyam .

We need to re evaluate who knows their shit 😉

shmmeee

Has he ?

Decimated multiple times at QPR , dodgy Saturday if not for Moore we'd be blaming him for their goal .

I'm realistic

You said da Costa was great
Moore was shite
And Rose would slot back in instead of hyam .

We need to re evaluate who knows their shit 😉

Well you got one of my opinions right.

Glad you had a break from overanalysing Sheaf to back up your first impressions on Saturday though.

Users who are viewing this thread