Match Thread Cardiff - Home - wednesday the 15th (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Well you got one of my opinions right.

Glad you had a break from overanalysing Sheaf to back up your first impressions on Saturday though.

Again ..im totally realistic about sheaf

Told you before you're good at the politics 😉

Hertsccfc

You honestly don’t know what “winning the ball” means??

He’s made more successful tackles than anyone else.

You’re like a dog with a bone when you don’t like a player. First couple of games I’d have agreed he looked shaky defensively but he’s improved massively.
That's pretty ironic given your stance on McCallum last season

shmmeee

That's pretty ironic given your stance on McCallum last season

What stance is that? That hes a decent defender but lacks the quality use of the ball as a wingback and that he improved towards the end when we went more direct and used his aerial ability and long throws?

I stand by it.

shmmeee

Today on SBT we learn opinions on players exist outside of the Hill Binary*

*SHIT or WORLD CLASS

Evo1883

Today on SBT we learn opinions on players exist outside of the Hill Binary*

*SHIT or WORLD CLASS

To be fair , I just don't think maatson is as good as you do .. I think teams will continue to target that side

I just think he's " ok"

Sky Blue Pete

To be fair , I just don't think maatson is as good as you do .. I think teams will continue to target that side

I just think he's " ok"
You really are finding something that’s not there for me. Granted I’ve only watched the last two home games but I don’t recall at all teams focusing on the left or right.

shmmeee

I just think he's " ok"

Ive said before I see wingback as more a midfield position than a defensive one. We play 3412 not 5212. I think Maatsen is a massive upgrade going forwards and is improving defensively.

That comment was more aimed at the idea that because I don’t say a player is worthless inthink they’re great or because don’t stay a player is perfect I think they’re worthless.

CV22SBA

Agree with this. Maatsen is ok adequate. Yes hes won the ball back alot of times but hes given it away alot too in dangerous areas one of which almost cost us on Saturday.
Me too and i do think teams try to attack us more down Maatsen's side. Boro very nearly scored because he was messing around with it near the halfway line and they didn't track back. He certainly looks better than he did in the first couple of games though but i'd feel more comfortable with Kane there. Not sure why Kane went right back when he came on anyway.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hamer to score , think it will be a physical battle across the pitch . Defence will be under pressure from the Cardiff attack but will weather it out and Cov will win 2-1

shmmeee

Me too and i do think teams try to attack us more down Maatsen's side. Boro very nearly scored because he was messing around with it near the halfway line and they didn't track back. He certainly looks better than he did in the first couple of games though but i'd feel more comfortable with Kane there. Not sure why Kane went right back when he came on anyway.

Because he’s a right wing back?

Liquid Gold

In the Boro game they attacked 38% down our right and 39% down our left. Hardly targeting him.

Untitled.jpg

Londonccfcfan

Maatsen and JCS look absolutely knackered after about 70 mins. The sooner they get to full fitness then that will give MR more options to utilise other substitutions as its only 3 this year.

JAM See

Maatsen is 19 years old playing his first few games at this level. Of course he's not going to be Roberto Carlos straight off the bat.

Dabo scored two own goals and gave away some pens in his first games aged 22 in League One.
Maatsen is the new Danny Fox. He will do well.

Warwickhunt

Watched Forest v Cardiff on Sunday and must say was not a lot for us to fear likewise as Mboro did they threw on a couple of trees to bolster their aerial threat second half and got a result because Forest did not change

Legia Sky Blue

Could see Kane starting over Dabo in this one. Love Dabo, but Kane sounds like hes a very physical player and we might need that. Maybe even Dabo LWB and Kane RWB. Sheaf for Allen makes sense but that was the best I have seen Allen in a city shirt vs borough, I would keep in. Sheaf for Hamer anyone?

Would be mad not to play Dabo at RWB, particularly if Giles as playing as I would expect Dabo to win their battle. I can't really see Hamer being dropped to the bench either.

Evo1883

Listen , I think some people just assume I dislike players .

Of the players who have started most matches so far (played the most minutes ) he's only got a higher overall rating than waghorn who fans have been more than happy to pan , its almost like I have eyes .

Is he bad ... no
He's just OK

Hopefully he gets better

Hertsccfc

Maatsen is 19 years old playing his first few games at this level. Of course he's not going to be Roberto Carlos straight off the bat.

Dabo scored two own goals and gave away some pens in his first games aged 22 in League One.
Don't forget Sterling was dreadful in his early games

Evo1883

Would be mad not to play Dabo at RWB, particularly if Giles as playing as I would expect Dabo to win their battle. I can't really see Hamer being dropped to the bench either.

The only change I can see is sheaf for Allen.. depending on wether Robins rewards Allen for his performance Saturday

He could actually start Walker and rest waghorn for Saturday.

Can't see too much change

Grendel

Grendel

Fox was a good player here to be fair

I am not saying he wasn't but hardly the same as this guy in build and overall play at all.

Users who are viewing this thread