Match Thread Cardiff City (A) (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

why didn’t we address that in jan ?

8 left
1 academy player sold
Season ticket sales
Weekly attendances
Because the budget is small and been largely spent on contract improvements. It forces Robins to play the long game and incrementally improve the squad year on year. Frustrating for the fans. Think the real test for Robins will come in the summer when we have to sell one of the stars to fund further squad improvement. How well whatever he gets from that is re-invested will make or break next season.

Grendel

Hertsccfc

Need to stop playing it in the air to to Gyokeres. He's a great player but he needs it on the floor.

Moore, Hyam, JCS and O'Hare played well. Really missed Hamer.

Fergusons_Beard

Another defeat by a wonder strike and a defensive error.

It’s tiredness, lethargy and sheer volume of games.

We just are at this level.

Need some more players in the summer to bolster our paper thin squad.

That being said-Robins again showing his only weakness with awkward squad rotation and subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, or Tavares.The subs were baffling. We were crying out for some spark and energy and he brings on fucking Waghorn.

We were all set to sell Shipley because he clearly wasn't up to standard and there was a club willing to pay to take him off our hands. Then he scores against QPR and the deal's off with him back to starting games at AM.

It's so short termist

SBT

I know people keep suggesting Tavares isnt quite ready, but if so why is he on the bench?

Pace scares defenders and we haven't got many players with pace, so why not give him a go tonight ahead of an overweight and unfit striker who has only a vague recollection of what the fucking goal looks like.

Because there literally isn't anyone else. We shipped off our only other fit senior striker because Maatsen got injured for three games so we thought we'd better bring in a left back for three and a half years.

Tavares almost certainly isn't good enough, but someone has to make up the numbers.

I'd still play him before Waghorn, mind.

13th_choice_seamer

Am I the only one starting to think this is resembling the Boothroyd season? Flying start, flattening out, then going one/two wins in a dozen and before we know it we've dropped 10 league places.

cc84cov

Because the budget is small and been largely spent on contract improvements. It forces Robins to play the long game and incrementally improve the squad year on year. Frustrating for the fans. Think the real test for Robins will come in the summer when we have to sell one of the stars to fund further squad improvement. How well whatever he gets from that is re-invested will make or break next season.
Good points made I worry about us next season Barnsley style

fernandopartridge

We're so stupidly married to the 5 at the back system that we have to play an unfit Kane every game because we have no-one else who can play RWB, and then inevitbaly have to waste a sub to take him off. If we just played 4 at the back I'm sure one of the CBs could fill in at RB for a game but because we're only set up to play one formation and one style of play we're completely stuck.
Why on earth would you play Hyam or Rose or even McFadz at right back

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Desperate need of fresh legs in this team now. Need Dabo and Godden back ASAP. Also need to start using Tavares. I know he is unknown but cannot see what Waghorn offers us coming off the bench.
If you play someone like Waghorn it's from the start to wear a defender out then bring someone like Jones or Tavares to exploit the tiredness.

As a defender you're probably ok seeing Waghorn coming off the bench.

And if the reason he didn't start is because he's not fit, don't bring him off the bench when you've got players on it who are.

duffer

I know people keep suggesting Tavares isnt quite ready, but if so why is he on the bench?

Pace scares defenders and we haven't got many players with pace, so why not give him a go tonight ahead of an overweight and unfit striker who has only a vague recollection of what the fucking goal looks like.

I sense unhappiness, Moff. :)

It's a fair point though, I'd like to see something new tried. There's no point in having him on the bench if you're never going to give him a go...

cc84cov

Right now yes. But we have been on bottom 6 form for a very long time now-it's our turn next season unless we get quality in depth beyond the starting XI
The wheels were always gonna slow mate we don’t have the squad or quality to stick it where we was regardless we were punching and ill He happy with mid table finish but a little bravery in jan who knows where we could of ended up

larry_david

Both those lads Cardiff brought on are younger than Tavares so how can they say he’s not ready/strong/old enough? Put him on and see what he can do ffs
Their left back who scored had two games at bloody notts County and was then sent back. Sometimes you have to give youth a go to prove themselves.

Let's be honest. Tavares cant be any worse than waghorn at the moment. Waghorn being 33 soon, do we really see him as our future?

Users who are viewing this thread