Can we do it then? (1 Viewer)

BurbageSkyBlues

A lot of sense there, Covboy,

This is an opportunity. It is not about individual players, it is about the way that Robins has galvanised the players as a team. If we lose a couple of those players in January, it will not be a simple question of replacing them, it will be a question of filling the void and the disruption to the team spirit, the will to fight for each other, and the club.

This is a moment in the club's history, that will either be grasped or be lost.....it is up to Sisu to express their intent. Right now, there is a moment which , if embraced, could prove to be pivotal for our club......this is the moment to invest, in the right things (players, club, city) in order to move forward with big strides. I sense that our fans are on the point; the right signals from Sisu, now, could ignite the passion that has been absent for too long.

Grab it Sisu, show us you care - you may be pleasantly surprised by the impact!

Gaz

I don't think that's fair on the others in the team.
Whilst I agree to a point that DMG has an influence at times, He isn't the reason that for example Barton scored today.

wingy

I think that we have the luxury of DMG has no doubt afforded some of the team the room to play but more importantly the freedom to play and take the positive route /risks as he inevitably will score,they can be more inventive for having his cushion effect on the pitch. .

Maybe i should have stuck this in here :facepalm:

dongonzalos

Sticking by my guns. Waiting til Jan and the dreaded window to see who will be leaving and if anyone will be coming in.

Get through Jan unscathed and in a healthy league position, then who knows!

Just fell of my seat and it hurt

Gaz

That's true, however I think Otis means the crucial goals at crucial times, excellent finish by Barton but we were already 3-1 up

Only the crucial goals ? :laugh:

I don't get what you mean mate.

stupot07

Only the crucial goals ? :laugh:

I don't get what you mean mate.

Crucial. I.e a goal to put us in front, score first, killer second, bring us level, etc. ones that effect the outcome of a match, or turn a match on its head.

Last edited:

Gaz

Crucial. I.e a goal to put us in front, score first, killer second, bring us level, etc.

But you don't mean that if we are say 3-1 up, he then doesn't influence the goals scored by the other players in the team do you ?

dongonzalos

I don't think that's fair on the others in the team.
Whilst I agree to a point that DMG has an influence at times, He isn't the reason that for example Barton scored today.

Barton scored because he is the most naturally gifted player we have alongside Baker

ccfchandsy

Trouble is we need to strengthen in jan to make it I think can you remember a couple of seasons ago boothroyd had us 2nd going into Xmas then injuries and no one coming in made us free fall like a brick in water

stupot07

But you don't mean that if we are say 3-1 up, he then doesn't influence the goals scored by the other players in the team do you ?

I really don't know what you're going on about.

Otis said that DMc is crucial not only for the goals but also the fact that the opposition co cent rate on marking him creating space for other to score. You then made a point that he didn't have any influence on Bartons goal, implying that he isn't that influential (perhaps I was mistaken - If so I apologise).

I was then just pointing out that we had pretty much won the game, were 3-1 up with a 2 goal lead when Barton scored. Great finish by Barton.

There are muttering on this form, that DMc isn't that important because other have started contributing goals.

covcity4life

MCG is hugely important but don't downplay bar tons goals

Stupotbu can go 1 week without moaning.

Don't be embarrassed that Cov are winning

Gaz

That's true, however I think Otis means the crucial goals at crucial times, excellent finish by Barton but we were already 3-1 up

This is what I didn't understand matey,
After I made the point that McGoldrick doesn't influence all of our other goals, example being Bartons today, it seemed like you were suggesting that McGoldrick wouldn't have a hand in it because it wasn't a crucial goal. Sorry if i'm reading that wrong.
I just found that odd, as I didn't see how it mattered if we were 3-1 up or not.

stupot07

This is what I didn't understand matey,
After I made the point that McGoldrick doesn't influence all of our other goals, example being Bartons today, it seemed like you were suggesting that McGoldrick wouldn't have a hand in it because it wasn't a crucial goal. Sorry if i'm reading that wrong.
I just found that odd, as I didn't see how it mattered if we were 3-1 up or not.

I think we probably just have our wires crossed! :)

Tad

Not even thinking about it and I don't think it's wise too. Just enjoy each win as it comes.

SkyblueBazza

I said after the Brentford loss that a Goodwin of 6/7 wins in our next 10 L1 games would put us in the mix. Right now I think it's 6 wins in 8...& we're just entering the mix. Look at the fixtures for the next few weeks...there are lots of head to heads with teams above us. All we have to do is keep the current form going & let the others eat each other. MK Dons is the next big test (on paper).

Users who are viewing this thread