Can we do it then? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

So what are we now, 7 points off the playoffs and 11 points off automatic spots. If we keep can this momentum over Christmas we can cut that down vastly.

Question is Can we get promoted?? (providing we don't get any deductions for going into admin!!)

Otis

Sticking by my guns. Waiting til Jan and the dreaded window to see who will be leaving and if anyone will be coming in.

Get through Jan unscathed and in a healthy league position, then who knows!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes we can, the game against Stevenage is looking like a biggie. Stevanage play Brentford at Brentford next, Brentford are in great form and have the best home record in the division.

So it is possible we could go into the Stevanage match only 4 points behind them, so a win there would be massive

Evans020

Key game is away at Stevenage .I'm not at all worried about Preston.Stevenage are the team we are 7 points behind.if we could get 7 points from the next 3 we are in dreamland and pole position to plough into the top 6 by mid jan

Covstu

Sticking by my guns. Waiting til Jan and the dreaded window to see who will be leaving and if anyone will be coming in.

Get through Jan unscathed and in a healthy league position, then who knows!

very good point Otis, sadly I don't think we have any obvious 'class' to go out the door but we could lose our loanees for starters. Obviously the McG will be a major influencer on where we can make it.

Black6Osprey

Today was a big test and we passed it with ease. Its dangerous to get ahead of ourselves and whether we keep McGoldrick, Bailey, Adams and Moussa will have a big bearing on it. But if they all stay and the form continues then I do believe we will make the top 6 and with it being quite tight up there if you make the top 6 why not the top 2.

skyblueexile

The phoenix is rising

Of course we can - i've had faith since robins - even think a good xmas will put us inline for automatic if sisu keep faith

Covstu

I think home form and support is going to be key also, we need the ricoh to be a fortress which it isn't at present. Having said that we could be playing elsewhere!!!

Otis

very good point Otis, sadly I don't think we have any obvious 'class' to go out the door but we could lose our loanees for starters. Obviously the McG will be a major influencer on where we can make it.

Well that's who i am talking about. Losing DMC, Bailey and Adams to the team and not being able to replace them would be a major blow.

Gaz

I remember not long ago on here, anyone who suggested that we could still make the play offs this season, was branded 'deluded'
Funny how things change.

skybluegod

Totally agree with Otis need keep the squad together over january extend bailey loan or make permanent and the same with mcgoldrick. Need to sign moussa to long term contract and maybe buy a LB of our own?

stupot07

Yeah agree with Otis, the transfer window is key, lose bailey, adams and McGoldrick and not adequately replace them will be a major blow. The murmurings that we don't need McGoldrick because we've scored a few lately is complete tosh.

Grendel

Yeah agree with Otis, the transfer window is key, lose bailey, adams and McGoldrick and not adequately replace them will be a major blow. The murmurings that we don't need McGoldrick because we've scored a few lately is complete tosh.

Some even say "Cody" will take his place. Laughable.

wingy

Some even say "Cody" will take his place. Laughable.

Is'nt the treatment Cody has had at CCFC Identical to that which DMC recieved from Forrest ,of course he could just be shit like Mcgoldrick is in Forrest fans eyes.

Covstu

Is'nt the treatment Cody has had at CCFC Identical to that which DMC recieved from Forrest ,of course he could just be shit like Mcgoldrick is in Forrest fans eyes.

so maybe cody needs a move also........

Grendel

I think most people here have been very kind to him. He has done nothing to justify his price tag.

He has never achieved above League two and never will in my view. He lacks ability.

stupot07

Yeah and like mcgoldrick it might be the league below his parent club that he'll thrive.

@richh87

Cody can't keep himself fit. If he does then he'll get his chance.

Grendel

Cody can't keep himself fit. If he does then he'll get his chance.

Which could be the reason why at nearly 27 he still is not a regular league player.

wingy

Yeah and like mcgoldrick it might be the league below his parent club that he'll thrive.

That may well be true Stu but he has'nt had a consistent run just like DMG never,we may need him so I won't take any glory in his failure .Also by that logic theres no point signing DMG as he won't cut it once he drags us up league.

Otis

That may well be true Stu but he has'nt had a consistent run just like DMG never,we may need him so I won't take any glory in his failure .Also by that logic theres no point signing DMG as he won't cut it once he drags us up league.

I prefer DMC to DMG anyway.

Much better player.

skybluegod

then surely we don't want goldie? if he can only score in league 1? surely we should go for someone who score in the championship by that logic?

Grendel

Well baker really was not good enough in the championship so that does not matter. If mcgoldrick stayed and scored lots of goals then we can decide in the summer what to do.

Baker is a really good example of that. If we did go up it is unlikely he would figure next year.

stupot07

Whilst that is true Wingy, McGoldrick was unlucky that forest had some decent strikers whilst he was there and he was only 20 when he signed for them, really Cody should be 2nd choice and pushing hard for a start alongside McGoldrick.

stupot07

then surely we don't want goldie? if he can only score in league 1? surely we should go for someone who score in the championship by that logic?

I think we have to worry about the here and now, and if DMc stays and gets 25-30 goals he will be full of confidence and form going into next season.

urbanbushmonkey

I haven't been this happy watching city since we were turning teams over during the Eric Black era. I'm loving that everytime we go forward we look like scoring.

@richh87

It's really not as simple as Baker or McGoldrick not being good enough for the Championship - it's all about circumstances. Both are certainly talented enough for the league above ; but put them in a crap team or formation that doesn't suit them, then of course they'll struggle.

Otis

We are scoring goals from elsewhere because the opposition are concentrating on goldie

Exactly! Exactly what I have been saying and that is spot-on.

Feel if he goes and we can't get someone of a equal calibre our form could dip considerably.

covboy9

momentum and belief is everything, like what has been said before if the club does good work behind the scenes in january then we will go up as champions, if the club doesn't then anything from mid table to relegation to liquidation is possible! i hope SISU see this as a real opportunity to do the right thing by the club

Users who are viewing this thread