Can anyone say something positive about Arvo/SISU? (1 Viewer)

Hobo

The blonde lass who replaced Voderman or are we going into extended metaphor and supporting. Joy Sappala?

Hobo

The ferrit...so they have paid wages found emergency funds? All for the love of Coventry and because they cannot afford the Ricoh even at the re negotiated rate, even though they renegade every time anyone tries to close the gap between SISu and ACL they walk away...but hey ho all fans can travel to Northampton because without SISU we wouldn't be here!

Damn right we wouldn't be...they have wound the club down, reduced expenses so they can bide their time for their real investment opportunity.!

theferret

The ferrit...so they have paid wages found emergency funds? All for the love of Coventry and because they cannot afford the Ricoh even at the re negotiated rate, even though they renegade every time anyone tries to close the gap between SISu and ACL they walk away...but hey ho all fans can travel to Northampton because without SISU we wouldn't be here!

Damn right we wouldn't be...they have wound the club down, reduced expenses so they can bide their time for their real investment opportunity.!

No, this thread was asking for people to name something positive about SISU. No easy task. The best that anyone come up with was that they paid the staff wages on time, and I was merely suggesting that this is technically correct. We don't need to invent stuff or spin the truth in order to demonise them further. We have enough ammunition already. The case against them is unanswerable as it is.

saved the club from liquidation. (remember it was ACL who wanted Coventry city to cease by rejecting CVA)

Everyone conveniently forgets George Osborne's role in the guise of HMRC, who also rejected the CVA. Are you saying that the Treasury also wanted CCFC to be no more?

SISU/ARVO/Otium are masters themselves of threatening liquidation unless things don't go their way - or have you forgotten their past threats?

Oh, I don't know. What's that blonde lass called? A step up in my opinion!

No, no, no! Vorderman in her leathers brought me out in a sweaty lather :D

stupot07

Everyone conveniently forgets George Osborne's role in the guise of HMRC, who also rejected the CVA. Are you saying that the Treasury also wanted CCFC to be no more?

SISU/ARVO/Otium are masters themselves of threatening liquidation unless things don't go their way - or have you forgotten their past threats?

The HMRC thing is a red herring, they reject all football CVA's in protest to the football creditors first rules.

Grendel

Oh please, at least get your facts right before posting.

Astute

And we didn't let Robins go either - he loeft, citing the city council as one of his main reasons (but of course, fishface and his shitzu henchmen had a gun to his head yada yada yada).

Buy hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

He left because SISU let him go. He was under contract. They got money for him.

letsallsingtogether

Stupot answer the question where are the positives all you do is turn each thread around to ACL come on know it all we are waiting.....................................................

The HMRC thing is a red herring, they reject all football CVA's in protest to the football creditors first rules.

Grendel

He left because SISU let him go. He was under contract. They got money for him.

Do you think that Everton should have kept David Moyes then?

Esoterica

Okay they didn't sell McGoldrick he was on loan.
They didn't let Robins go he jumped ship...
But considering we might get promotion and all the financial implications their record of retention is not good!!!
Someone else mentioned the Academy...well most of my time since the 60's supporting Coventry we have been half decent at producing youth!

Also with SISU'S policy of sell any asset, reduce the wages, and at the level we find ourselves at WE HAve To Produce Our Own Talent.

Still not convinced with pro SISU arguments!
Yes people are anti ACL and for their own reasons.

But I did this thread to show fans are closer than they seem on here, nobody really supports SISU!!

Half decent at producing youth? Name me 5 players that have come through our academy in the last 25 years that have gone on to play in the top division?

And a positive? Last 2 managers employed have been the best managers for many a year

stupot07

Stupot answer the question where are the positives all you do is turn each thread around to ACL come on know it all we are waiting.....................................................

- We've always paid the players,
- they have rightly reduced the wage bill and bloated squad
- the academy has been a success, including the appointment of Rioch
- they have continued to fund losses
- they have broken an unsustainable rent agreement
- they have refreshed the bonus system so that players get rewarded for success not just for being picked.

There are far more negatives than positives, and some of the above could also be deemed as negatives.

I don't 'know it all', I don't even 'know it half'. And the reason I keep mentioned ACL as I feel as though they have got through this Scott free and are playing a clever PR campaign which the majority of our fans lap it up and take their statements as 100% truth. I can't stand either side.

shmmeee

- they have refreshed the bonus system so that players get rewarded for success not just for being picked.

There are far more negatives than positives, and some of the above could also be deemed as negatives.

I don't 'know it all', I don't even 'know it half'. And the reason I keep mentioned ACL as I feel as though they have got through this Scott free and are playing a clever PR campaign which the majority of our fans lap it up and take their statements as 100% truth. I can't stand either side.

I think the point for most is a) Sisu run our club, we can be outraged at their running of it legitimately. ACL are a third party. And b) Sisu are the ones moving us to Northampton.

There's a time for balance, but when one side has a gun to your head it isn't that time. Sisu were first to overstep the line in many fans heads by moving the club. A lot of people (myself included) were fairly supportive of them (its just business) up until that point.

I'd also take issue with "they have continued to fund losses". Sorry don't buy that. Our debt is double what it was when they took over. They've funded us as much as the Bank did under McGinnity (ie they loaned us money) and I don't see them getting the praise for propping us up all those years.

If, when they leave the club has less debt than before I might accept that augment.

I'd also take issue with exactly what they've done with wages. It comes across to me much like managers fitness claims (they're not fit enough, this is the toughest they've ever worked). For all the so called cost cutting, how much have our losses reduced? And for all the new bonus structure, would you say motivation has improved noticeably? Or have we lost players more easily because of this situation?

But as I've said. Fisher and Waggot are probably the best at picking managers even if they gave Thorn too long and whoever gave Rioch the job deserves if not a statue, at least a solid round of applause.

Edit: Ill add in recent marketing under Fisher. Though the guy must be suicidal now he's got the toughest job in football.

Ultimately though, the ONLY goal of a board is to increase fan numbers and on that they go down as the worst board/owners not only in our history, but perhaps in all of football.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

- We've always paid the players, That is their job as employers
- they have rightly reduced the wage bill and bloated squad The Squad they assembled with freebies and loans
- the academy has been a success, including the appointment of Rioch So we have never had success from the academy till they came in?
- they have continued to fund losses How? by making our Debt bigger and paying themselves large management fees
- they have broken an unsustainable rent agreement The one they agreed to?
- they have refreshed the bonus system so that players get rewarded for success not just for being picked. why because they don't want to pay the going rate

No I don't believe we do take it all in but the biggest evil is Sisu they own the club and make all the decisions shame they were not better in their PR Shame they never listened to the fans Shame they Brought the Club again Shame we are playing in Northampton shame they sacked all the ball boys stewards shame they don't pay thier bills shame you put more blame on ACL then Sisu Shame on you and Shame on them

Grendel

No I don't believe we do take it all in but the biggest evil is Sisu they own the club and make all the decisions shame they were not better in their PR Shame they never listened to the fans Shame they Brought the Club again Shame we are playing in Northampton shame they sacked all the ball boys stewards shame they don't pay thier bills shame you put more blame on ACL then Sisu Shame on you and Shame on them

What a shame.

rondog1973

Yes... I think all of this can be considered a marvellous success.... as we hurtle toward league 2, playing 'home' games 35 miles away......

Astute

Do you think that Everton should have kept David Moyes then?

Sorry. I forgot that Huddersfield and Manchester United are similar. Or could it have anything to do with SISU ruining........sorry again. ....running our club?

CJ_covblaze

Appleton isn't employed by Sisu, he works for a company called David Rubin and Partners...

Correct. He has also worked with William J Florence III and Tessa Coleman on a number of projects. Also two of DRP's offices (one in the channel islands, one in London) are both in close proximity to an accountancy firms' offices in those locations that work with SISU/Wynacre on a regular basis (They charge SISU around 5 grand for an hour of their time. Nice work if you can get it!). So yeah they've never met before have they?!

Have to say there's no evidence to say PA/DRP/accountancy firm have done anything illegal though.

In reply to the OP. Tim has a lovely suit.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Correct. He has also worked with William J Florence III and Tessa Coleman on a number of projects. Also two of DRP's offices (one in the channel islands, one in London) are both in close proximity to an accountancy firms' offices in those locations that work with SISU/Wynacre on a regular basis (They charge SISU around 5 grand for an hour of their time. Nice work if you can get it!). So yeah they've never met before have they?!

Have to say there's no evidence to say PA/DRP/accountancy firm have done anything illegal though.

In reply to the OP. Tim has a lovely suit.

Heard this before, any sources?

L

longjohnskyblue

Held to ransom? What bollocks, if anything they held ccfc to ransom - agree rent deal and withdraw the JR and we will sign the CVA.

Reduce rent, give food concession for free or we leave the Ricoh! This was sisu's threat - and they did it! Your defence of a corrupt immoral hedge fund is a disgrace

L

longjohnskyblue

Paid the wages - Fundamental duty - players would have held a strike if not - this is nothing to be proud of!
Reduced wage bill - by offloading all the quality players and praying the academy fill the gap! - Again hardly praise worthy
Academy has been a success- funded by the FA, pre-exsting - and they have endangered it by moving them out of the academy - something they should be ashamed of!
Continued to fund losses - by not paying bills ! Don't forget 1/2 was written off prior to sisu and added in liquidation! Then they added a minimum of 4m in management charges! - They have been a total failure in this!
Broke an unsustainable agreement - yes they broke the bond between the fans and their club by moving to an unsustainable business model playing at sixfields - what a coup by sisu!
Refreshed the bonus system - what they should have done from day one!

Indeed every single thing you mention is a negative, so if that is the only stuff you can say +ve about sisu, then by default even you the most avid pro-sisu one on here that all they have achieved is alienate the fan base and destroy the club.

Maybe you deem these as laudable accomplishments, I see them as a morally bankrupt disgraceful and shameful acts. They will go down in infamy in coventry for ripping the heart out of the city.

Boy you must be rubbing your hands in glee at the "success" sisu has achieved!

blueflint

thats exactly what they have done cant you see it

J

Jack Griffin

thats exactly what they have done cant you see it

You know & I know. That's why I keep saying they'll be happy to get relegated again this year, because it would lower costs to run the club.

But that's a dangerous game as a lower division reduces support... at the rate their going a reasonably succesful Nuneaton Town could end up with bigger gates than a displaced CCFC.. we'll see.

Grendel

You know & I know. That's why I keep saying they'll be happy to get relegated again this year, because it would lower costs to run the club.

But that's a dangerous game as a lower division reduces support... at the rate their going a reasonably succesful Nuneaton Town could end up with bigger gates than a displaced CCFC.. we'll see.

Make your day that would it "Jack"?

Users who are viewing this thread