Can anyone say something positive about Arvo/SISU? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

To quote Tim Fisher, who do you think has been paying the bills for the last 6 months?

Not Ltd's bills. That's the administrators job.

Fisher is talking about holdings. If anything he's been paid by ccc through the £400k tax rebate.

bigfatronssba

Not Ltd's bills. That's the administrators job.

Fisher is talking about holdings. If anything he's been paid by ccc through the £400k tax rebate.

That wasn't what he said when he was asked by an employee of ccfc ltd.

Paxman II

It's very difficult to answer this question more than you may think imo.
When they took over with Ranson they had big hopes etc but that failed and they brought in people to correct it, especially in the aftermath of the crash of 2008. Unfortunately things got worse with very poor decision making and we just kept taking one step forward with some optimism, appointing several managers with new hope only to take two steps backwards. Eventually they started to listen and get some decisions correct and appointed better people. With fan support they backed and appointed a scout as manager and disaster struck out. So in league 1 they continued restructuring the finances and have plugged the leaks in losses to a large degree.
The next thing on the agenda was the alarming rent amount at the Ricoh. We all know how that got out of hand and to this day the stubbornness of both sides has not yet concluded. They keep us alive at a price all fans reject - in Northampton. A promise of a new stadium, a return to the area in 3 years and yes they keep investing in the team affairs and seem to be getting that right.
In all the shenanigans that have gone on they have alienated 99% of fans. They will return if they get it right but can they? Their need to do so is as great as the football clubs need if they are to retrieve anything from the mess they find themselves in. So I guess the positive is the fact we are still a football club and looking forward not backwards where many have failed like Portsmouth before us. The signs are not too bad if we can sort out a return to the Ricoh sooner rather than later. That just has to happen and both sides in this dispute know it.

rondog1973

Not really, neither had anything to do with the CVA, which is why Appleton told them it was illegal to make them part if the CVA.
Nothing to do with the CVA? So ACL should just shut up and accept any old derisory offer? Thousands, including a High court Judge would appear to disagree...

Chipfat

Wasn't the OP about any positives SISU have brought to CCFC!!! why are we back on the blame game again.....Everytime this question gets asked no answer come back other then they bought us,, for me that is not really a positive!!!!! so give me 4 positive then a debate can happen instead of every subject ending in blame with personal insults thrown in...

theferret

Nothing to do with the CVA? So ACL should just shut up and accept any old derisory offer? Thousands, including a High court Judge would appear to disagree...

The offer was what it was. Approaching 600K no? This isn't some beach vendor in Turkey haggling over the price of a beaded necklace. There is no haggling.

The offer was the offer. They rejected it. Now they will get nothing. Yet still, nobody has managed to make a resonable case for how that was a good thing for ACL, the football club or the people who support it. Perhaps you might want to have a stab? The best so far is some wishy-washy notion of an 'investigation' which I suspect won't tell us anything we don't already know.

thaiskyblue

Wasn't the OP about any positives SISU have brought to CCFC!!! why are we back on the blame game again.....Everytime this question gets asked no answer come back other then they bought us,, for me that is not really a positive!!!!! so give me 4 positive then a debate can happen instead of every subject ending in blame with personal insults thrown in...
May be because this is sisu we are on about, try as i might , positive no, if they did one , well that would be the most positive thing they could ever do.

rondog1973

It's very difficult to answer this question more than you may think imo.
When they took over with Ranson they had big hopes etc but that failed and they brought in people to correct it, especially in the aftermath of the crash of 2008. Unfortunately things got worse with very poor decision making and we just kept taking one step forward with some optimism, appointing several managers with new hope only to take two steps backwards. Eventually they started to listen and get some decisions correct and appointed better people. With fan support they backed and appointed a scout as manager and disaster struck out. So in league 1 they continued restructuring the finances and have plugged the leaks in losses to a large degree.
The next thing on the agenda was the alarming rent amount at the Ricoh. We all know how that got out of hand and to this day the stubbornness of both sides has not yet concluded. They keep us alive at a price all fans reject - in Northampton. A promise of a new stadium, a return to the area in 3 years and yes they keep investing in the team affairs and seem to be getting that right.
In all the shenanigans that have gone on they have alienated 99% of fans. They will return if they get it right but can they? Their need to do so is as great as the football clubs need if they are to retrieve anything from the mess they find themselves in. So I guess the positive is the fact we are still a football club and looking forward not backwards where many have failed like Portsmouth before us. The signs are not too bad if we can sort out a return to the Ricoh sooner rather than later. That just has to happen and both sides in this dispute know it.
Agree with much of what you say, although don't think they have any interest in CCFC whatsoever any more, it's all about obtaining the Ricoh. They obviously appointed Ranson as their footballing mastermind, but he failed miserably with his disastrous managerial appointments. I think after they abandoned this approach it was Plan B, bleed ACL dry.

rondog1973

The offer was what it was. Approaching 600K no? This isn't some beach vendor in Turkey haggling over the price of a beaded necklace. There is no haggling.

The offer was the offer. They rejected it. Now they will get nothing. Yet still, nobody has managed to make a resonable case for how that was a good thing for ACL, the football club or the people who support it. Perhaps you might want to have a stab? The best so far is some wishy-washy notion of an 'investigation' which I suspect won't tell us anything we don't already know.
It was good because it prevented the corporate Pirates we know as SISU/Otium from getting any sniff of obtaining the Ricoh.

Who said anything about haggling anyway?

shmmeee

Nothing wishy washy. That's a standard part of the Liquidation process.

Firstly, I thought the FL confirmed that ACL got the money anyway so why do people keep banging on about lost money?

Secondly, the prevailing mood among CCFC fans at the time and now is that the CVA should be rejected.

Thirdly, if ACL feel the admin process was lacking (as they repeatedly claim) they'd be a little hypocritical to take the only route which closes te case and prevents any further appeal.

Here's a more pertinent question: Why didn't Sisu buy the Higgs shares 2 years ago instead of this rent battle crap? As you say: this isn't a Turkish necklace.

theferret

It was good because it prevented the corporate Pirates we know as SISU/Otium from getting any sniff of obtaining the Ricoh.

Who said anything about haggling anyway?

You had made reference to conditions, as though there is somehow a mechanism to negotiate after the offer was made - 'we'll sign your CVA if you do this' so to speak. Haggling. It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

I'm also not sure how it made the prospect of SISU obtaining the Ricoh less likely. Good luck explaining that.

What I know of the mad decision by ACL to reject the CVA is this:

1. They will now receive next to nothing.
2. The club have been deducted 10 points.
3. Positions have since become further entrenched and a return to the Ricoh under a temporary rental agreement is now less likely than ever.
4. The football club, as a result, is now a less attractive proposition to any potential buyer.

How some people see all this as a good thing I simply do not understand.

stupot07

Nothing wishy washy. That's a standard part of the Liquidation process.

Firstly, I thought the FL confirmed that ACL got the money anyway so why do people keep banging on about lost money?

Secondly, the prevailing mood among CCFC fans at the time and now is that the CVA should be rejected.

Thirdly, if ACL feel the admin process was lacking (as they repeatedly claim) they'd be a little hypocritical to take the only route which closes te case and prevents any further appeal.

Here's a more pertinent question: Why didn't Sisu buy the Higgs shares 2 years ago instead of this rent battle crap? As you say: this isn't a Turkish necklace.

No they don't get the money, they get about £100k instead of £600k.

People wanted the CVA rejected because they wrongly thought that the FL would hand ACL/PHIV the golden share or force ccfc to stay at the Ricoh.

If they felt the administration process was lacking, why would they have signed it if they were allowed to include the rent agreement and the JR?

I have no idea why sisu didn't by the shares.

Ian Coventry

As someone has already stated they are hard nosed devious deceitful business people, this is definitely a positive because if they are successful so is CCFC, they are not going to walk away from this club until they get the money they have invested plus some back. At the moment the club is unsaleable and until they have a saleable asset which really means the club and the stadium all under their ownership whether that will be the Ricoh or a completely new stadium SISU is here to stay. And I can't see them getting the Ricoh back the dispute is so bitter I would doubt whether they would have it as a gift now and can you really see ACL/CCC either selling it or giving it to SISU. I fail to see how some of you guys have sympathy for ACL/CCC Im not a supporter of SISU but they are the only game in town(Northampton) for now.

TheRoyalScam

Anagrams for Arvo Master Fund:

veranda for smut

overt man fraud

mad nervous fart

shmmeee

People wanted the CVA rejected because they wrongly thought that the FL would hand ACL/PHIV the golden share or force ccfc to stay at the Ricoh.

If they felt the administration process was lacking, why would they have signed it if they were allowed to include the rent agreement and the JR?

I think expecting the FL to follow their own rules was a reasonable expectation. Noone really knew how tangled all this mess was and we're pretty much inventing our own path through the rules at the moment. The FL are making it up as we're going along.

I must have misread the Telegraph article but I swear it said ACL got all the money. Even if not they obviously felt that they were losing in the region of £40m by accepting it and letting Sisu out of the lease. Remember we're still in admin, this is an ongoing situation. It's a bit early to claim one side or the other has won.

Hobo

So far I've had
1 They have continued to pay people...basic employers responsibility.
2. They flirted with play offs last year...sold McGoldrick...let Robins go...we were in Championship when they took over..lack of investment under Thorn sold us down relegation river.
3. As for the ACL administration debate.. Fisher started it leaking to press club may have to be liquidated, ACL reacted, Sisu reacted to that and put themselves in administration and appointed Appleton....we now play in Northampton.

Still waiting for convincing Arvo/SISU positives.?

shmmeee

To answer OP:
- They have steadied and improved the Academy and made and outstanding appointment in Ricoh
- They have appointed probably the best manager in my time (Robins)

I won't say they've kept the club afloat because all they've done is laden it with debt. And our return on the £29m loan has been fucking awful.

blueflint

i wanted it rejected to get a full investigation into sisu dealings in ccfc. we will still get that and its possible that some misdealing has gone on.i can't prove fraud so won't at this stage accuse anybody of that funny tho FL have since admitted failures who else will before the end

blueflint

So far I've had
1 They have continued to pay people...basic employers responsibility.
2. They flirted with play offs last year...sold McGoldrick...let Robins go...we were in Championship when they took over..lack of investment under Thorn sold us down relegation river.
3. As for the ACL administration debate.. Fisher started it leaking to press club may have to be liquidated, ACL reacted, Sisu reacted to that and put themselves in administration and appointed Appleton....we now play in Northampton.

Still waiting for convincing Arvo/SISU positives.?

they didn't sell mcgoldrick they only had him on loan

stupot07

i wanted it rejected to get a full investigation into sisu dealings in ccfc. we will still get that and its possible that some misdealing has gone on.i can't prove fraud so won't at this stage accuse anybody of that funny tho FL have since admitted failures who else will before the end

The administrator has six months (due Oct) to do an investigation into the last 3 years. The 2011 accounts everyone quotes are within those 3 years, so I can't see what the extended investigation is going to prove.

Last edited:

blueflint

As someone has already stated they are hard nosed devious deceitful business people, this is definitely a positive because if they are successful so is CCFC, they are not going to walk away from this club until they get the money they have invested plus some back. At the moment the club is unsaleable and until they have a saleable asset which really means the club and the stadium all under their ownership whether that will be the Ricoh or a completely new stadium SISU is here to stay. And I can't see them getting the Ricoh back the dispute is so bitter I would doubt whether they would have it as a gift now and can you really see ACL/CCC either selling it or giving it to SISU. I fail to see how some of you guys have sympathy for ACL/CCC Im not a supporter of SISU but they are the only game in town(Northampton) for now.

they are not the only game in town how many people made a bid there is more to come

theferret

they didn't sell mcgoldrick they only had him on loan

And we didn't let Robins go either - he left, citing the city council as one of his main reasons (but of course, fishface and his shitzu henchmen had a gun to his head yada yada yada).

Buy hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

blueflint

The administrator has six months (due Oct) to do an investigation into the last 3 years. The 2011 accounts everyone quotes are within those 3 years, so I can see what the extended investigation is going to prove.

pleased you can 2011 we had players and other assets in ltd they moved after that obviously by whom and when should come out also the legality of any movement

Hobo

Okay they didn't sell McGoldrick he was on loan.
They didn't let Robins go he jumped ship...
But considering we might get promotion and all the financial implications their record of retention is not good!!!
Someone else mentioned the Academy...well most of my time since the 60's supporting Coventry we have been half decent at producing youth!

Also with SISU'S policy of sell any asset, reduce the wages, and at the level we find ourselves at WE HAve To Produce Our Own Talent.

Still not convinced with pro SISU arguments!
Yes people are anti ACL and for their own reasons.

But I did this thread to show fans are closer than they seem on here, nobody really supports SISU!!

Hobo

Perhaps Vorderman could sort out "the accounts are a mess" Fisher.

idm1975

They've always paid, and continue to pay, the clubs players and off field staff.

No matter what's gone off field, they've never delayed / failed to pay them.

But what they have paid has simply been loaned to the club, where else is this huge debt coming from??

theferret

But what they have paid has simply been loaned to the club, where else is this huge debt coming from??

So you'd rather they didn't pay them, and made redundancies?

The club has made a loss since they took over, and to meet those obligations to those employees they have had to fund those losses somehow. We could fill a book with SISU's failings, but that they have paid their staff on time, even when it required an injection of emergency funds, is not really debatable. Is it?

Users who are viewing this thread