Can anyone say something positive about Arvo/SISU? (1 Viewer)

Hobo

We all know the various splits between Sky Blues fans (and I'm all for freedom of opinion). But can the ACL bashers give me anything positive about Arvo/SISU and their management/control of our club?

fernandopartridge

They have finally, after 5 1/2 years, grasped that to prosper in the long term they must cut the bloated squad. Although unfortunately it's not been through choice but absolute necessity.

In the long run we'd have been better off relegated after that Charlton game in 2008, sack Coleman, strip the squad and rebuild. Oh, and somebody could have fucked Ranson off at the same time.

Hobo

Fernandopartridge, I agree at this level you have to have small squad and give youth their heads. If you can't blood youth at this level or lower sack your scouts and trainers!

Err ................................. no!

Hobo

Perhaps we are closer knit than we thought, not a deluge of positives?

skybluepete1987

They've reached new heights in the 'How to be bad at running a football club' stakes, a fantastic display of incompetence unmatched in modern times.

Kingokings204

saved the club from liquidation. (remember it was ACL who wanted Coventry city to cease by rejecting CVA)

bigfatronssba

saved the club from liquidation. (remember it was ACL who wanted Coventry city to cease by rejecting CVA)

Except its the sisu employed Appleton who is currently liquidating ccfc ltd so you can't really credit them with that.

Kingokings204

bitfatronssba: I see your point but I don't believe he has started to liquidate yet and he is only liquidating due to ACL rejecting CVA and forcing us to liquidate. though PA is as bent as a 9 bob note.

Ripbuster

On a positive note.........SISU,ARVO anagrammed is "Saviours"

Although considering their actions,you'd never believe it!

skybluepete1987

ACL didn't want the club to cease, all parties were virtually certain that the FL would grant the share back to Otium regardless of what happened to Ltd.

Remember this whole saga began with ACL applying to put the club into administration because Fisher and Labovitch had threatened liquidation in both public and private. So if having owners who less than six months ago threatened to liquidate the club is a positive then I'm not sure what the negatives look like!

skybluepete1987

They've always paid, and continue to pay, the clubs players and off field staff.

No matter what's gone off field, they've never delayed / failed to pay them.

But that's not a positive is it? That's like saying I have a good employer because they give me a chair to sit on! It's the minimum expectation!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

well they did reject it and it is still here............ there was never any danger of CCFC ceasing, the football league would not have allowed it because it would have messed with their fixtures. SISU would not have allowed it because it is a means to an end.

The CVA was on CCFC Ltd and as we have been repeatedly told the club, the operation of the club, the players etc were never in CCFC Ltd in the eyes of the FL and SISU so how could CCFC the club have been liquidated or even in any danger of that? The only way CCFC get liquidated is if SISU decide to.

They have been hard nosed business people fighting their corner any which way they can.

I actually think what they are doing in general terms in cutting the playing costs is what has been needed for years. What they are doing on costs generally is the way they have to go. Taking our club away to play in Northampton is wrong. Some of the other things they have done I dislike greatly. Would I trust them - nope.

If it was just about our club then they might get more sympathy but it simply isnt

Hobo

The administration scenario came about because Fisher threatened to liquidate the club in an interview with the press! Once in administration they inflated the debt. As for paying staff, they have off loaded loads before contracts are up. They didn't even invested in grass seed last year. Their retention of quality is poor.

Hobo

Ripbuster I'm impressed Arvo Sisu anagram Saviours....but it is really Arvo Master Fund...do something with that ;-)

bigfatronssba

bitfatronssba: I see your point but I don't believe he has started to liquidate yet and he is only liquidating due to ACL rejecting CVA and forcing us to liquidate. though PA is as bent as a 9 bob note.

He isn't legally obliged to liquidate.

Baginton

we were heading towards the play offs last season, with a decent young manager and had a great cup run with Bargain value tickets...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
But that's not a positive is it? That's like saying I have a good employer because they give me a chair to sit on! It's the minimum expectation!

I'd say its a positive. Imagine how de-motivated players would be without their monthly pay. Players have threatened going on strike at other clubs before now where there's been money problems. Just our luck, if our owners withheld wages, our players would have gone ahead wit a strike!

stupot07

I'd say its a positive. Imagine how de-motivated players would be without their monthly pay. Players have threatened going on strike at other clubs before now where there's been money problems. Just our luck, if our owners withheld wages, our players would have gone ahead wit a strike!

Agreed, plenty of clubs like Plymouth and Portsmouth have failed to pay their employees at times.

stupot07

ACL didn't want the club to cease, all parties were virtually certain that the FL would grant the share back to Otium regardless of what happened to Ltd.

Remember this whole saga began with ACL applying to put the club into administration because Fisher and Labovitch had threatened liquidation in both public and private. So if having owners who less than six months ago threatened to liquidate the club is a positive then I'm not sure what the negatives look like!

So why did they reject the CVA?

bigfatronssba

Appleton isn't employed by Sisu, he works for a company called David Rubin and Partners...

His & his employers services are employed by sisu.

bigfatronssba

Users who are viewing this thread