Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (3 Viewers)

better days

I have heard all of this too but heard Dabo may be out for 6 months. Maybe Better Days can clarify.
Haven't heard anything about Dabo
But he wasn't around to pick up his player of the season award at the weekend was he?
But you can go mad with this sort of rumour
I guess we will know soon enough

TTG

Haven't heard anything about Dabo
But he wasn't around to pick up his player of the season award at the weekend was he?
But you can go mad with this sort of rumour
I guess we will know soon enough
What about rose?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wouldn’t be breaking the bank for him offer him a fair deal if he don’t fancy it we move on...

simple he wasn’t even a starter he was getting there but wasn’t like a Liam Walsh Dabo Kelly type of player no guarantee he will be upto it in the championship yet.
It's hard to sound balanced on this site without sounding like you are saying a player is the greatest of all time, or terrible, but O'Hare would be a really good permanent signing for us in the Championship. I saw some people say the moneyed clubs of the Championship may be after him, personally I don't see that. I don't think he showed enough to be a target for a top half Championship side hence why Villa haven't offered him a new contract, however, he'd be great for a side like us. Your comparison with Kelly is slightly silly in my opinion. O'Hare is probably already ahead of Kelly in terms of ability with much higher potential. Again, I am a big fan of Kelly, but there was a period this season of 6 or 7 consecutive games where he was noticeably our poorest performer. That's not to say I think he's shit, I don't by any stretch. But far too often we sugarcoat things to suit our needs.

Warwickhunt

It's hard to sound balanced on this site without sounding like you are saying a player is the greatest of all time, or terrible, but O'Hare would be a really good permanent signing for us in the Championship. I saw some people say the moneyed clubs of the Championship may be after him, personally I don't see that. I don't think he showed enough to be a target for a top half Championship side hence why Villa haven't offered him a new contract, however, he'd be great for a side like us. Your comparison with Kelly is slightly silly in my opinion. O'Hare is probably already ahead of Kelly in terms of ability with much higher potential. Again, I am a big fan of Kelly, but there was a period this season of 6 or 7 consecutive games where he was noticeably our poorest performer. That's not to say I think he's shit, I don't by any stretch. But far too often we sugarcoat things to suit our needs.
I think Kelly had to play with an Injury at that time about begining of November if i remember rightly

CCFC88

By "moneyed Championship clubs" you mean any other club in the league apart from us and Rotherham?

kg82

I’m pretty sure sure Villa have offered him at least 2 contracts, maybe 3.

Legia Sky Blue

Villa would be stupid not to offer O'Hare a contract, even if they don't want him, otherwise they can't claim a compensation fee for him. The Villa fans I know all believe he has been offered a contract!

Frostie

I wonder if he's not been offered a new one recently having rejected others previously - so both are kind of correct?

As you say, makes little sense not to try & get something for him.

SkyBlueDom26

Norwich and forest in for him? Dunno how reliable efl zone is but seems to think there e clubs in England after him

Specs WT-R75

Villa would be stupid not to offer O'Hare a contract, even if they don't want him, otherwise they can't claim a compensation fee for him. The Villa fans I know all believe he has been offered a contract!

They obviously don't need to extend his contract by a month like they do for the other players that can currently play so clearly that's why he was offered nothing... He has already rejected a contract offer, which means that if he goes to another EPL/EFL team they will still be able to get compo.

jto123

When Robins said 'the transfer window will take care of itself' I kinda presumed he meant that in reference to the loan signings. Hopefully he'll have back up as Walsh has fallen through and O'Hare is 50/50 if that.

SkyBlueCRJ

Not according to Villa reporter at The Athletic:

Why would Villa turn down the opportunity of earning compensation from his next club at the expense of not offering him a simple contract? It's not like he would be short of suiters after the performances he's put in this season so they'd be more or less guaranteed to get something, albeit not anything huge but at least a few hundred thousand. It's literally like turning down free money.

chiefdave

When Robins said 'the transfer window will take care of itself' I kinda presumed he meant that in reference to the loan signings. Hopefully he'll have back up as Walsh has fallen through and O'Hare is 50/50 if that.
Bit early to be panicking, transfer windows not even open yet. We have no idea what Robins plans are for this transfer window or even if O'Hare and / or Walsh are part of them.

Remember when we came up from L2? Everyone was convinced there would be no money and we'd be going with basically the same squad. Didn't end up like that.

Magwitch

Bit early to be panicking, transfer windows not even open yet. We have no idea what Robins plans are for this transfer window or even if O'Hare and / or Walsh are part of them.

Remember when we came up from L2? Everyone was convinced there would be no money and we'd be going with basically the same squad. Didn't end up like that.
Opens tomorrow or should I say clubs can legally in football terms negotiate for players tomorrow

jto123

No completely agree. Just wondered whether there was a misinterpretation of the 'transfer window will take care of itself' comment. I think many saw that as a reference to loan signings, but it could well be the case that Robins is just generally well prepared for it. No other manager I would trust as much with buying players, but I don't think we should presume that we are seeking a similar team to last year.

steve cooper

I wonder if he's not been offered a new one recently having rejected others previously - so both are kind of correct?

As you say, makes little sense not to try & get something for him.
If he was offered one last year it would still be on the table I assume. They wouldn't necessarily need to improve on any offer made last year in order to be entitled to compensation

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Why would Villa turn down the opportunity of earning compensation from his next club at the expense of not offering him a simple contract? It's not like he would be short of suiters after the performances he's put in this season so they'd be more or less guaranteed to get something, albeit not anything huge but at least a few hundred thousand. It's literally like turning down free money.
The same reason we let some players go for free, the contract has to be at least on the terms of his current contract. The 'risk' of him accepting the contract and them not deeming any fee they may receive as viable to the potential loss in his wages. I can't categorically say he has or he hasn't but people seemed to have made their minds up that the Birmingham Mail (also the same people who produce the Telegraph) are more reliable than The Athletic. I guess only time will tell if he was or wasn't. For the benefit of anyone who wants to read the piece on O'Hare, they have said:
'O'Hare's scenario is a little more complex. The Athletic understands that he hasn't been offered a contract extension since last summer. There were initially discussions about adding another year onto his deal before he signed for Coventry City on loan for the season but those talks stalled.
Since then, he has not received another offer from the club and has been waiting for updates from Villa since the League One season was ended, with Coventry confirmed as champions.
It's understood he wants to stay at Villa but, with only hours remaining until the deadline to extend his deal beyond June 30, it is understood that O'Hare had still not heard anything.
It means that the attacking midfielder is now expected to become a free agent next month and must decide on his next move.'

It becomes more appealing to us as City fans for him to have turned Villa down, but personally, if someone is asking me to trust a shit rag that gains money out of clicks, or a paid for service, I am more inclined to lean towards the latter.

Liquid Gold

I think wires are getting crossed here. Villa have obviously offered month long extensions to players they expect to be involved in the squad. O’Hare isn’t one of them and had rejected contract extension offers previously but rejected them.

SkyBlueCRJ

The same reason we let some players go for free, the contract has to be at least on the terms of his current contract. The 'risk' of him accepting the contract and them not deeming any fee they may receive as viable to the potential loss in his wages. I can't categorically say he has or he hasn't but people seemed to have made their minds up that the Birmingham Mail (also the same people who produce the Telegraph) are more reliable than The Athletic. I guess only time will tell if he was or wasn't. For the benefit of anyone who wants to read the piece on O'Hare, they have said:
'O'Hare's scenario is a little more complex. The Athletic understands that he hasn't been offered a contract extension since last summer. There were initially discussions about adding another year onto his deal before he signed for Coventry City on loan for the season but those talks stalled.
Since then, he has not received another offer from the club and has been waiting for updates from Villa since the League One season was ended, with Coventry confirmed as champions.
It's understood he wants to stay at Villa but, with only hours remaining until the deadline to extend his deal beyond June 30, it is understood that O'Hare had still not heard anything.
It means that the attacking midfielder is now expected to become a free agent next month and must decide on his next move.'

It becomes more appealing to us as City fans for him to have turned Villa down, but personally, if someone is asking me to trust a shit rag that gains money out of clicks, or a paid for service, I am more inclined to lean towards the latter.

You make good points. I suppose there is a risk that he could accept it and then they get into a Bright situation - where it transpires that they've outbid all potential suitors through offering him a new contract and then are subsequently stuck paying his wages for another season.

Last edited:

Frostie

The Athletic understands that he hasn't been offered a contract extension since last summer.

Yes, so as I suspected by the wording, he was offered one previously but not offered again recently. So it only needs that previous offer to be at least as good as his current contract for them to be entitled to compensation.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, so as I suspected by the wording, he was offered one previously but not offered again recently. So it only needs that previous offer to be at least as good as his current contract for them to be entitled to compensation.

Yeah, a bit misleading as he was offered one but turned it down.

Frostie

Exactly.
Villa probably believe that what they offered previously is as much as they are prepared to offer & with him already refusing it they're prepared to allow him to leave with compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread