Call to Arms first game of the season. (2 Viewers)

Hobo

Villa fan said to me at work today .....take Blues 20k and your 5k and added together still nowhere near Villas Average crowd.... he seemed to be amused by that.
I can remember them getting 15000 regularly when struggling in top flight. Bunch of part time glory hunters. Well supported when its sunny.

Hobo

That is very kind of you. My mum is in ward 33.

As she has dementia the nurses have asked if I could go in and try and help her eat.
Sorry to hear that Otis, dementia is terrible and I have been there with my mum and feeding her. I used to think she fed me so I owe her this. Made it slightly easier.

Otis

Sorry to hear that Otis, dementia is terrible and I have been there with my mum and feeding her. I used to think she fed me so I owe her this. Made it slightly easier.
I said exactly that same thing to her the other day.

Johhny Blue

I said exactly that same thing to her the other day.
Good luck with everything.
My mum was diagnosed with cancer many yrs ago. I flew home as soon as I heard. I landed at Heathrow about 1:00 p.m. on a Saturday and made it to Coventry by about 3:30. She didn’t know I was coming but the first thing she said was “why aren’t you at the game”?
Enjoy Your time with her.

Otis

Good luck with everything.
My mum was diagnosed with cancer many yrs ago. I flew home as soon as I heard. I landed at Heathrow about 1:00 p.m. on a Saturday and made it to Coventry by about 3:30. She didn’t know I was coming but the first thing she said was “why aren’t you at the game”?
Enjoy Your time with her.
Oh. That is so sweet. My mum doesn't know there is a game on. I am sure she would tell me to go, but she has deteriorated so much these past few weeks and I just don't know how long she has left.

I want to be there for her. City can wait another week I am sure.

Macca

Oh. That is so sweet. My mum doesn't know there is a game on. I am sure she would tell me to go, but she has deteriorated so much these past few weeks and I just don't know how long she has left.

As much as I love the game it is as insignificant as any other hobby in such sad circumstances. Best thoughts with you

bawtryneal

I'm driving down now, taking my Mum to visit my Dad and then drop her back to Dunchurch and then go to the game. Might then call back into Walsgrave before heading home. It's great to visit but I cannot be there all day. My Dad doesn't know I am there really and I find it so sad and depressing.
He would tell me to go to the match
PUSB

higgs

Can not watch home games outside of Coventry it is wrong on every level - I have had a season ticket for 30 years except Northampton and now, just away games for me.
Pricks in the council to thank for that can't see us getting back to coventry now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

Life is cruel puts football into perspective keep the head up you can't do anymore only be there for your mum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I'm driving down now, taking my Mum to visit my Dad and then drop her back to Dunchurch and then go to the game. Might then call back into Walsgrave before heading home. It's great to visit but I cannot be there all day. My Dad doesn't know I am there really and I find it so sad and depressing.
He would tell me to go to the match
PUSB
Yes, I understand.

My mum isn't that bad yet, but unfortunately she has focused on my dad for the anger that has manifested itself through the dementia. Every time she seems him you can see she is annoyed.

However, every time she sees me her face lights up and is very happy and this is why the hospital have asked me to go in at mealtimes, to see if I can get her to eat, because she is hardly eating.

skyblueinBaku

Helping the hospital to look after your mum is far more important than a game of football, Otis. There will be plenty of time in the future for you to watch the Sky Blues, and your mum needs you now.

Sky Blue Pete

Otis I’m so sorry. That’s so awful. Lots of love and energy to you

Liquid Gold

Or go fo Brum and fund them getting stronger!
I believe the rent is 3 times the rent at the ricoh only differance is we get 70% of pie money.
So you all better spend a few quid when your there to fund the next signing.
Was told this at the Supporters meeting last night apparently came from Boddy.
I would happily spend more in the ground if the queues weren't 2 hours long.

pipkin73

Otis, last year my Mrs passed away and as much as i love CCFC i did not give a shit.
I came back on here to ask advise as i was thinking of going onto anti depressants and
i remembered people mentioning them in the past so wanted peoples opinions.
The help i got on here was amazing, people were pm'ing me with info and i realized
that even though we argue on here we are still 1 family and will help each other out.

I hope people who know more than me help you out, this forum helped me out loads.
Wish you and your family the best mate and i'm sure the Sky Blue Family will help you
and your family out anyway they can. All the best mate

Otis

Otis, last year my Mrs passed away and as much as i love CCFC i did not give a shit.
I came back on here to ask advise as i was thinking of going onto anti depressants and
i remembered people mentioning them in the past so wanted peoples opinions.
The help i got on here was amazing, people were pm'ing me with info and i realized
that even though we argue on here we are still 1 family and will help each other out.

I hope people who know more than me help you out, this forum helped me out loads.
Wish you and your family the best mate and i'm sure the Sky Blue Family will help you
and your family out anyway they can. All the best mate
Cheers, Pipkin and I do of course remember your tale very well.

How are you these days? I hope that you are still filled with warm memories of your misuss, but have also managed to find some happiness and positivity since in your life.

Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated.

christonabike

Otis be there to hold her hand, what ever time you have with her she will love to have you by her side. Life comes to a halt when loved ones are poorly but now is the time to spend what ever time you can with her and she will appreciate it.
Here’s a poem that I always think about at times like this :

I found this lovely poem again while sorting through some papers, it struck a chord for me today.

Give Them the Flowers Now
Anon

Closed eyes can’t see the white roses,
Cold hands can’t hold them, you know,
Breath that is stilled cannot gather
The odours that sweet from them blow,
Death, with a peace beyond dreaming,
Its children of earth doth endow;
Life is the time we can help them,
So give them the flowers now!

Here are the struggles and striving,
Here are the cares and the tears;
Now is the time to be smoothing
The frowns and the furrows and fears.
What to closed eyes are kind sayings?
What to hushed heart is deep vow?
Naught can avail after parting,

Just a kind word or a greeting;
Just a warm grasp or a smile—
These are the flowers that will lighten
The burdens for many a mile.
After the journey is over
What is the use of them; how
Can they carry them who must be carried?
Oh, give them the flowers now!

Blooms from the happy heart’s garden
Plucked in the spirit of love;
Blooms that are earthly reflections
Of flowers that blossom above.
Words cannot tell what a measure
Of blessings such gifts will allow
To dwell in the lives of many,

pipkin73

Cheers, Pipkin and I do of course remember your tale very well.

How are you these days? I hope that you are still filled with warm memories of your misuss, but have also managed to find some happiness and positivity since in your life.

Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated.
Thanks Otis, will always be full of warm memories of her. I turned her passing in to a positive. I have a knackered back and piled on the weight, Julie was a very strong woman and thought for years so I used some of her strength to encourage me to sort myself out. I went from just over 14 stone to 10.5 stone and have not been as healthy as I am now for many years. As hard as it is, sometimes all you can do is try and find a positive in a bad situation.
The help I got on here helped me focus on life in a positive way and I will always be thankful for that.

Otis

Thanks Otis, will always be full of warm memories of her. I turned her passing in to a positive. I have a knackered back and piled on the weight, Julie was a very strong woman and thought for years so I used some of her strength to encourage me to sort myself out. I went from just over 14 stone to 10.5 stone and have not been as healthy as I am now for many years. As hard as it is, sometimes all you can do is try and find a positive in a bad situation.
The help I got on here helped me focus on life in a positive way and I will always be thankful for that.
Well done. I am so glad you have been able to find some positivity in your life, even though nothing of course can ever replace the love that you and your wife had between you.

Good luck for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread