Call to Arms first game of the season. (2 Viewers)

Otis

Just checked google maps and St. Andrews is only 6,714km which is 22km closer for me than the Ricoh.
I’m still not going!
I could walk to the Ricoh and my missus would pick me up after the game. I would be home by 5 past 5.

I will be going by bus to St Andrews and it adds at least 2 hours to my travel.

Grendel

for you, but not for me.
I'll still be there because I want to support MR and the boys and to stick two fingers up to the cartel but it's with a heavy heart.
That might change after Saturday, I might never want to come back! Who knows?

Pretty much same as me - I’m baffled why people are excited - it’s a slog to go and get there and park, it’s going to be an odd atmosphere however you look at it and the squad is weaker and getting even weaker

chiefdave

Pretty much same as me - I’m baffled why people are excited - it’s a slog to go and get there and park, it’s going to be an odd atmosphere however you look at it and the squad is weaker and getting even weaker
Bit of a novelty factor maybe? Could see that if maybe we were there for a year or two while a new ground was being built but not really in these circumstances.

The only potential benefit I can see is that the pitch hopefully won't be as bad as the Ricoh but it will take a lot more than that to make me excited about playing in Birmingham.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, well that's it. Some of us live in Coventry and have commitments in Coventry and appointments in Coventry and when things come up, more often than not they are in Coventry.

My mum is in hospital in University Hospital. Had we been at the Ricoh I could have made the match, just, but now I can't.

And I HAVE a season ticket, so that can be galling.
Hope she’s not too bad Otis

Sky Blue Harry H

I could walk to the Ricoh and my missus would pick me up after the game. I would be home by 5 past 5.

I will be going by bus to St Andrews and it adds at least 2 hours to my travel.
But at least I'm bringing the mint humbugs (happy to bring alternative, if you're averse to them!)

fernandopartridge

Bit of a novelty factor maybe? Could see that if maybe we were there for a year or two while a new ground was being built but not really in these circumstances.

The only potential benefit I can see is that the pitch hopefully won't be as bad as the Ricoh but it will take a lot more than that to make me excited about playing in Birmingham.
The pitch at St Andrews is usually poor

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

Yeah, well that's it. Some of us live in Coventry and have commitments in Coventry and appointments in Coventry and when things come up, more often than not they are in Coventry.

My mum is in hospital in University Hospital. Had we been at the Ricoh I could have made the match, just, but now I can't.

And I HAVE a season ticket, so that can be galling.

Hope she is okay Otis
My Dad is in Ward 20. Was taken in on Tuesday night. Been there all day today and will drive down Saturday morning before the match to visit.
Over £8 in parking today and had to queue 45 mins at the one ticket machine working in the reception. Really great are visiting your very sick father.
If you would like a lift to the match you are welcome.

steve1987

Can not watch home games outside of Coventry it is wrong on every level - I have had a season ticket for 30 years except Northampton and now, just away games for me.

bawtryneal

Can not watch home games outside of Coventry it is wrong on every level - I have had a season ticket for 30 years except Northampton and now, just away games for me.

Just pretend we have 46 away games.
I appreciate you must be a dedicated and passionate fan but dont really see the difference
Northampton was different to now. I choose not to go to Northampton but going to St Andrews.

Otis

Hope she is okay Otis
My Dad is in Ward 20. Was taken in on Tuesday night. Been there all day today and will drive down Saturday morning before the match to visit.
Over £8 in parking today and had to queue 45 mins at the one ticket machine working in the reception. Really great are visiting your very sick father.
If you would like a lift to the match you are welcome.
That is very kind of you. My mum is in ward 33.

As she has dementia the nurses have asked if I could go in and try and help her eat.

bawtryneal

That is very kind of you. My mum is in ward 33.

As she has dementia the nurses have asked if I could go in and try and help her eat.

Same issue is with my Dad.
It's been a nightmare 72 hours with me in South Yorks and my mum cannot cope with hospital visits unassisted.
The football will be a welcome break for a couple of hours tomorrow
More stress for 90 minutes,no doubt.

ccfctommy

That's the spirit!

ccfc1234

Wont be missed. We need positivity and you seem to lack this. Enjoy the away games and funding our opponents next signing.

clint van damme

Superfan alert!

why?
the post said its wrong on every level to go to SA.
All he was doing was responding to someone having a dig. And he's right, if you go away games only you fund the opposition.
I personally have no problem if that's what people want to do, but that is the upshot of it, they are funding he opposition. Nothing superfan about defending your stance when someone has a pop.

letsallsingtogether

Wont be missed. We need positivity and you seem to lack this. Enjoy the away games and funding our opponents next signing.
Or go fo Brum and fund them getting stronger!
I believe the rent is 3 times the rent at the ricoh only differance is we get 70% of pie money.
So you all better spend a few quid when your there to fund the next signing.
Was told this at the Supporters meeting last night apparently came from Boddy.

Tommo1993

why?
the post said its wrong on every level to go to SA.
All he was doing was responding to someone having a dig. And he's right, if you go away games only you fund the opposition.
I personally have no problem if that's what people want to do, but that is the upshot of it, they are funding he opposition. Nothing superfan about defending your stance when someone has a pop.

It’s the ‘won’t be missed’ comment. Of course 6000 fans won’t be missed. And the positivity thing. Some seem to think it’s all the shouty randomly aggressive fans who are staying away, and St Andrews will be a positive little utopia where nothing bad will be said about Robins or the team.

Last edited:

clint van damme

It’s the ‘won’t be missed’ comment. Of course 6000 fans won’t be missed.

if people are going to give it the wrong on every level bollocks then fuck em. You can't give it the respect each others decisions one minute then defend bollocks like that the next, you can't have it both ways.
If people can't bring themselves to go to SA then fine, but don't make digs about going and expect people to accept it, he won't be fucking missed.

Tommo1993

if people are going to give it the wrong on every level bollocks then fuck em. You can't give it the respect each others decisions one minute then defend bollocks like that the next, you can't have it both ways.
If people can't bring themselves to go to SA then fine, but don't make digs about going and expect people to accept it, he won't be fucking missed.

I can’t disagree. But it works both ways doesn’t it.

clint van damme

I can’t disagree. But it works both ways doesn’t it.

and he made the first snide comment. A simple can't bring myself to go would have sufficed.
There are so called City supporters on social media tonight laughing about how things have gone a bit pear shaped last couple of days, sorry, but they're not real Cov supporters in my eyes.

Even if you can't bring yourself to go, you don't laugh about things going wrong for the club you're supposed to support. Wankers.

Tommo1993

and he made the first snide comment. A simple can't bring myself to go would have sufficed.
There are so called City supporters on social media tonight laughing about how things have gone a bit pear shaped last couple of days, sorry, but they're not real Cov supporters in my eyes.

Even if you can't bring yourself to go, you don't laugh about things going wrong for the club you're supposed to support. Wankers.

Again, agree. I’ll be honest though the whole Tyler Walker ending made me laugh a little bit. All that hope.

Users who are viewing this thread