Transfer Rumour Bye Bye Kasta (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Season Over! 😭 He will always be remembered fondly for the super strike vs Bristol Rovers, the never ending Slide Tackle and red card after 11 mins of being on against Pompey.

the second sending off (vs Rotherham) was more telling. He was an unused substitute and was red carded in a squabble over a throw-in.

steve cooper

It's a shame because I've been using him as an easy barometer of who has a clue about football. If people have thought he could 'come good' or still stood any bit of a chance then you can write off basically anything else they've said. This rule is particularly useful on Twitter.
We are talking the difference between skill and attitude. There is no doubt in my mind that the Kastaneer has skill, no one can say for certain whether a player with attitude probems will or won't sort out their problem. Chris Badlan & Mark Robins must have thought he was worth taking a gamble on

Evo1883

It's a shame because I've been using him as an easy barometer of who has a clue about football. If people have thought he could 'come good' or still stood any bit of a chance then you can write off basically anything else they've said. This rule is particularly useful on Twitter.

“He’s getting 20 minutes/half an hour and that’s good. We have got to try to get him 45 minutes and then up to an hour and then it gives us a real weapon because he’s an outstanding talent.”

Mark Robins 2019

Ring Of Steel

“He’s getting 20 minutes/half an hour and that’s good. We have got to try to get him 45 minutes and then up to an hour and then it gives us a real weapon because he’s an outstanding talent.”

Mark Robins 2019

Yeah well as we know there are plenty on here who see themselves as knowing way more about football than Mark Robins, so that little pearl of wisdom is no real surprise.

Frostie

better days

Mark Robins 2019
Now he's gone I can say what was the beginning of the end for him
When Jobello got injured Robins thought it was Kastaneer's chance and started him at Rotherham
He was hauled off after less than an hour during which he didn't make an ounce of effort when we didn't have the ball
None of his team mates acknowledged him as he walked off
We got thrashed 4-0
Whenever he played for the U23s his team mates felt the same
As soon as he got the ball they started to get ready to run back as they knew he'd try to run through like Raheem Sterling and lose it in a dangerous area

cc84cov

When Jobello got injured Robins thought it was Kastaneer's chance and started him at Rotherham
He was hauled off after less than an hour during which he didn't make an ounce of effort when we didn't have the ball
We got thrashed 4-0
As soon as he got the ball they started to get ready to run back as they knew he'd try to run through like Raheem Sterling and lose it in a dangerous area
A bit more home work would of been better before we signed him then,

Much happening with anyone coming in mate ?

Liquid Gold

Yeah well as we know there are plenty on here who see themselves as knowing way more about football than Mark Robins, so that little pearl of wisdom is no real surprise.
Mark Robins said he could be playing RWB two days ago before letting him leave. We then have an insider coming on to tell us that the player was only getting game time as a goodbye.

It amazes me how many people are naive enough to think that managers are telling fans the truth in every press conference.

hill83

We got thrashed 4-0

Ah, my only away game of last season. What a beautiful day that was.

better days

Mark Robins said he could be playing RWB two days ago before letting him leave. We then have an insider coming on to tell us that the player was only getting game time as a goodbye.

It amazes me how many people are naive enough to think that managers are telling fans the truth in every press conference.
Robins was on the wind up
Kasta had already cleared his gear out and left on Sunday

cc84cov

If Kasta is off. Its a shame as there is a player somewhere inside him and personally I enjoyed his cameos.

But we cant keep hold of players on the maybe. If selling/ off loading him gets us a player we need has to be done.
He wasn’t even close to the level required,sooner he was gone The better...good work by the club getting it sorted & ended.

Grendel

If Kasta is off. Its a shame as there is a player somewhere inside him and personally I enjoyed his cameos.

But we cant keep hold of players on the maybe. If selling/ off loading him gets us a player we need has to be done.

He was rubbish

Johnnythespider

The 10 minutes at Pompey whilst funny because it opened the door for a plethora of slide jokes, was only funny because the other players managed to get a draw, it was an early indication that he lacked control. I wish him well but he should consider a change of sport and try out for the Dutch bobsled team.

Samo

The 10 minutes at Pompey whilst funny because it opened the door for a plethora of slide jokes, was only funny because the other players managed to get a draw, it was an early indication that he lacked control. I wish him well but he should consider a change of sport and try out for the Dutch bobsled team.

As the actual bobsled?

Magwitch

Hope he finds somewhere he’s happy. Clearly a talented player and a decent bloke. Good luck to him.
Agree: Sometimes transfers don’t work out this was the only one last season. I suspect he played the other day to show prospective buyers he is match fit, shame it hasn’t worked but good look to him.

higgs

He should take up boxing or sign for Wycombe one or the other

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Max is well thought of but will be allowed to leave if a club comes in for him
It's football, he's been a great servant but he's pretty far down in the pecking order and at 29 he needs to be somewhere he's going to get games

Its right he should play games at 29 and i am sure if the money is right he will be sold. Whoever buys him however is getting a very decent player. I looked at his stats for last season in 26 appearances in all competitions, many of those from the bench, he scored 11 goals. On a goals per minuet ratio it's impressive.

SlowerThanPlatt

Its right he should play games at 29 and i am sure if the money is right he will be sold. Whoever buys him however is getting a very decent player. I looked at his stats for last season in 26 appearances in all competitions, many of those from the bench, he scored 11 goals. On a goals per minuet ratio it's impressive.

I am not sure there would be a fee - we let Clarke Harris go for free apparently and he had a lot more upside

mark82

I am not sure there would be a fee - we let Clarke Harris go for free apparently and he had a lot more upside

JCH was disruptive.

Either way, just because one player left for free doesn't mean another will. Any fee wouldn't be huge I'd imagine but I also doubt we're desperate to get him off the books. He's relatively inexpensive to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread