Butts (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

Having a step back, I don't think it originally came from the club. It is more likely from the other "side".

Imagine if it came from the council. Puts pressure on the club and SISU, because the expectation of staying in the city rears it's head again. It becomes doubly sickening when we end up being somewhere else, and SISU get extra blame for having another option to stay in the city and 'choosing' not to.

hill83

Apparently John Sharp has this morning said there is no truth in the rumour and he's no idea where its come from. (Taken from Simon Gilbert on Twitter)

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Imagine if it came from the council. Puts pressure on the club and SISU, because the expectation of staying in the city rears it's head again. It becomes doubly sickening when we end up being somewhere else, and SISU get extra blame for having another option to stay in the city and 'choosing' not to.

Also a chance to rinse and repeat the "We wont work with SISU" line and ignoring the other things that have happened ;)

fernandopartridge

I wonder if it ties in with any other news that is due?

What news is that? I suggested last week that it was interesting to see that the Butts wasn't explicitly ruled out of options for next season, as it is quite obviously an area where SISU would believe they can put the council under political pressure.

clint van damme

Would they be able to develop income streams that generate more income than say 50% (if its a true partnership) of 30 football matches per year with 10-15,000 fans.

Yes they don't need a 10-15k stadium, there's only a handful of rugby clubs in the country that do need that, Wasps are playing at a 1/3rd full stadium week in week out currently

A temporary deal if they can get the capacity I can't see
I might actually spend more time in Cov, bring some of that southern prosperity up to the midlands wasteland.

Bringing a 5 litre container of raw scrumpy to the game with you doesn't class as spreading prosperity.

SkyBlueDom26

The club are also set to continue discussions with Coventry City Council on Tuesday about the potential use of Butts Park Arena, the home of Coventry Rugby Club.
The ground has a capacity of 4,000, which could be expanded to 7,500 if agreement is reached.

Captain Dart

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What news is that? I suggested last week that it was interesting to see that the Butts wasn't explicitly ruled out of options for next season, as it is quite obviously an area where SISU would believe they can put the council under political pressure.

I was thinking the Supreme Court judgement ...... if that goes against SISU then there are technically no legals going on .......... opportunity to talk perhaps? .......... pressure to stay at Ricoh ? .....

Captain Dart

After it was published by who?

Get back to Daventry with Cov United.

To quote Reid article...

The Times reports this morning the Butts Park Arena (BPA) and St Andrew’s grounds are being proposed by Coventry City.

We have learned from confidential sources that both are still being considered alongside other options, while the Ricoh Arena remains the club’s preferred option.

SkyBlueDom26

To quote Reid article...

The Times reports this morning the Butts Park Arena (BPA) and St Andrew’s grounds are being proposed by Coventry City.

We have learned from confidential sources that both are still being considered alongside other options, while the Ricoh Arena remains the club’s preferred option.
Do you not blame anybody but SISU?

Nick

Administrator
To quote Reid article...

So it was the Times who reported it this morning.

Remind me who did an article in the times a couple of days ago?

cc84cov

The club are also set to continue discussions with Coventry City Council on Tuesday about the potential use of Butts Park Arena, the home of Coventry Rugby Club.
The ground has a capacity of 4,000, which could be expanded to 7,500 if agreement is reached.
That’s that fucked then lol

NorthernWisdom

Is he wrong, in this instance, that the most likely scenario is SISU using the Butts in some way to validate moving elsewhere?

Is it unlikely that it's being reported in order for SISU to report back to the football league that they tried local options but, ultimately, they were unworkable, so they therefore had to go further afield?

Is this an unlikely scenario, based on their previous actions?

Ashdown

Not one mention of how this would be good for the fans, the club, the local area or CRFC, should a deal to stay at the Ricoh not be a viable option, just a disgruntled opinion based on the Club's owners.

There is no mention anywhere that this could be SISU PR, however it has been stressed by the EFL that they require CCFC to remain within a small distance of Coventry itself - so on that basis you could surmise that this could happen, potentially!
Not disgruntled at all, just being realistic ! It was only 2 weeks ago everyone was googling how to get to Burton on Trent.

Captain Dart

Pissed off the parties can't find a compromise and end this instability. If they continue on this path the club will end up exiled for years. How is that a good outcome.

NorthernWisdom

I was thinking the Supreme Court judgement ...... if that goes against SISU then there are technically no legals going on .......... opportunity to talk perhaps? .......... pressure to stay at Ricoh ? .....
More likely validation of moves elsewhere, I'd say.

Something, just something, tells me that even if the current legal action finishes, nobody is stupid enough to think that will be the end of it!

RoboCCFC90

Not disgruntled at all, just being realistic ! It was only 2 weeks ago everyone was googling how to get to Burton on Trent.

You'll have to forgive me, but it doesn't read that way to me!

The issue we (as fans) have at the moment is there is no communication from anyone at the Club as to where the Club is looking for a temporary solution, while that remains the case the fans are going to attach themselves to what they hear/see, only natural.

SkyBlueDom26

Brum fans seem fairly happy with us playing at st andrews, i guess the only thing is the pitch would be at a decent standard

quinn1971

Isn’t this sisu just waiting to see what the result of the appeal is, if it’s turned down again we’ll be back at the Ricoh if it’s upheld, or sisu take it any further ( if they can ?) then wasps still won’t let us play at the Ricoh,

Ashdown

You'll have to forgive me, but it doesn't read that way to me!

The issue we (as fans) have at the moment is there is no communication from anyone at the Club as to where the Club is looking for a temporary solution, while that remains the case the fans are going to attach themselves to what they hear/see, only natural.
Absolutely, the Butts makes sense on many levels of course and as I attend the Cov Rugby games too would like the area myself but alas there is a lot of clutching at straws here surely and of course the blame game.

ccfcricoh

I'll be renewing my season ticket if we're at the Ricoh or Butts but nowhere else.

Think this is just SISU rumours though, put out there to show Wasps we might not need them as much as they think, to get a better deal to stay going forward, as i genuinely believe they want us to stay as well...

let's all be honest though, none of us have a clue what is going on or what is currently most likely!

better days

I can't believe this is anything but a made up load of nonsense for click bait as usual from a hedge fund inspired PR outfit. I'm pretty sure that Mr Sharp said firstly that CRFC don't want to deal with SISU and who would blame him for that. Secondly CCFC would have to invest heavily to upgrade the stadium to accommodate football fans and that would mean also clearing all the stuff already in situ and sorting out separate access for away fans. They're not going to get all that for £100k that's for sure !
Cov rugby will have doubled their turnover I'm guessing to around £1.2 million this year so although extra revenue is always going to be welcome, someone would have to pay for the changes to be made within 4 months to make it beneficial.
Personally I think this is more SISU bullshit and another chance to point the finger elsewhere. I just hope people don't start to drag CRFC into their blame game.
I think there might be a bit more to this
The Times ran a sympathetic article at the weekend where all parties apart from the club and fans were condemned including SISU and the council
As this news has also broken in The Times today it's more likely to have come from a source within, or close to the club

Users who are viewing this thread