Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Nov (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

DannyThomas_1981

Wow so I said he was shit he was in that game where is this constant abuse I have given him and where are the ones that are worse than then the remarks you have made about numerous players Burge, Doyle, Mcsheffy just to name 3 then the remarks about Wilson.
There's little
Wow so I said he was shit he was in that game where is this constant abuse I have given him and where are the ones that are worse than then the remarks you have made about numerous players Burge, Doyle, Mcsheffy just to name 3 then the remarks about Wilson.

I've decided LAST not to even try to debate with the resident village idiot (aka Grendel). It's a complete waste of time as he denies facts and refuses to accept any alternative view.

letsallsingtogether

There's little

I've decided LAST not to even try to debate with the resident village idiot (aka Grendel). It's a complete waste of time as he denies facts and refuses to accept any alternative view.
You are right we will leave it at that then.

Sick Boy

Re-watch the last 10 games of last season. Watch Notts County away. Tell me that Max was not integral to our promotion success after watching those games.

He made a huge step up last season from non league and I personally think he offers more than JCH. JCH has many attributes but I'm not sure he consistently has the desire.

I am not sure JCH is the answer at all, and I don't think he has the desire in general. Someone I work with sent me some pictures from his Instagram account where he has something 'interesting' in his pockets that users commented upon beneath the pictures, which you wouldn't expect a professional sportsman to indulge in.

Magwitch

Getting beat yesterday annoying but to me not a massive surprise never that confident against Burton, not sure why just a feeling I had, we have to take it on the chin and move onto the next game v Posh another toughie a good performance and a good result is essential will show us how good we are and how good we could be because Peterborough are going to be up there challenging.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am not sure JCH is the answer at all, and I don't think he has the desire in general. Someone I work with sent me some pictures from his Instagram account where he has something 'interesting' in his pockets that users commented upon beneath the pictures, which you wouldn't expect a professional sportsman to indulge in.

What are these pictures?

letsallsingtogether

Listening to the first half we sounded promising for around 20-25 minutes missed the second half so can't comment, but was optimistic we would win.
Oh well bring on Friday night.

Nick

Administrator
Brrraaaapp?

Grendel

Ever said anything about Mcsheffrey or Wilson - oh well

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There's little

Your not the only one.

Grendel

There's little

You haven’t presented any facts. Just tub thumping rhetoric.

I’m guessing you don’t even attend games

DannyThomas_1981

You haven’t presented any facts. Just tub thumping rhetoric.

I’m guessing you don’t even attend games

I take it all back Grends. As always you are 100% right and deal only in facts.

Let me for the record state that you are right on the following points which are key to your reasoned argument:

-Max of course didn’t score 6 goals in the last 11 games as I stated (how could anyone make such a ridiculous claim)

-I now totally agree with you that Notts County away (the one game in which you acknowledge that Max made a minor contribution) really wasn’t that important

-I can confirm that I have had my selfie taken with Max which is why I like him so much (amazing how you are spot on the whole time)

-and finally as you suggest, I never attend games and would not be able to find my way to the Ricoh. Of course.

What a nob you are.

skybluegod

I don't know if I'm just misreading what your saying, but would just say not smart to make accusations on a public forum about someone, unless you are 100% sure.

Sick Boy

I don't know if I'm just misreading what your saying, but would just say not smart to make accusations on a public forum about someone, unless you are 100% sure.

I'm not making any any accusations myself, others have commented on it beneath the pictures.

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm not making any any accusations myself, others have commented on it beneath the pictures.

I also have an issue with what you're saying. Firstly, where is this post because I've gone onto his instagram and there's nothing dodgy in any of his posts. Secondly, considering the players' social media channels are all strictly monitored by the club do you think JCH would be stupid enough to post such a picture even if he was doing anything untoward?

skybluegod

I also have issue with what you're saying. Firstly, where is this post because I've gone onto his instagram and there's nothing dodgy in any of his posts. Secondly, considering the players' social media channels are all strictly monitored by the club do you think JCH would be stupid enough to post such a picture even if he was doing anything untoward?

I have seen the photo he is talking about, on his Instagram he is standing in his Grey hoodie/trackies, and you can see he has stuff in his pockets, personally have no idea what it is, but have seen some comments like SB said...

Sick Boy

I have seen the photo he is talking about, on his Instagram he is standing in his Grey hoodie/trackies, and you can see he has stuff in his pockets, personally have no idea what it is, but have seen some comments like SB said...

That's the comment that I was referring to.

SkyBlueCRJ

Like you said it could be absolutely anything, I haven't got a clue what it is either but to spin a few jokey comments from his instagram page into a post about his desire on the pitch is a passive aggressive accusation in my book.

Sick Boy

Like you said it could be absolutely anything, I haven't got a clue what it is either but to spin a few jokey comments from his instagram page into a post about his desire on the pitch is a passive aggressive accusation in my book.

It wasn't spinning anything at all, it's disappointing that's it's even being mentioned even as a joke on a player's page.

SkyBlueCRJ

It wasn't spinning anything at all, it's disappointing that's it's even being mentioned even as a joke on a player's page.

I don't understand how it's disappointing when no one knows the facts? That could be absolutely anything in his pocket and the comments are coming from people he clearly doesn't know.

Sick Boy

I don't understand how it's disappointing when no one knows the facts? That could be absolutely anything in his pocket and the comments are coming from people he clearly doesn't know.

Either way I'd have deleted it personally rather than letting it stay up there.

SkyBlueCRJ

Either way I'd have deleted it personally rather than letting it stay up there.

Surely that evokes the opposite effect though and makes it seem like he's got something to hide? As I said the club monitor the players' social accounts quite strictly, there's notices throughout Ryton reiterating this. So, if they've found no issue with it then it's probably nothing to be concerned about. It goes without saying but clubs have zero tolerance when it comes to indiscretions such as drug use. If there were a whiff of anything untoward going on, the club would crack down on it in an instant. Also, aren't players drug tested?

Last edited by a moderator:

covcity4life

Why though? It could be something like one of those small round portable speakers? Even if it's smoking stuff (which I assume thats what Grinder is?) Doesn't nainggolan, who is considered top class smoke and drink excessively?
He does indeed. As long as JCH isnt smoking anything illegal it does not really matter

If he doesnt play better then that is a problem

Sick Boy

And as James has said, he would fail a drugs test if he did smoke anything else.

It was reported that 6 professional players failed drug tests last season, not saying one of them was him but it does happen and it doesn't enter the media. It does go on but I guess it is dealt with internally

skybluegod

It was reported that 6 professional players failed drug tests last season, not saying one of them was him but it does happen and it doesn't enter the media. It does go on but I guess it is dealt with internally

Reported where? Also they would get a ban from the FA, so i doubt it, but would be interested in seeing this?

SkyBlueCRJ

In that scenario wouldn't it be illegal for a club speak to the media anyway as that's a breach of an employee's personal data? Probably why it doesn't get out - plus it's hardly great PR wise for the club. It does happen but I can guarantee that the punishment would've been severe for those 6 players. Given MR's no nonsense attitude with players I can assure you if JCH was even suspected he'd never play for the club again.

Mucca Mad Boys

Even if it is a grinder, so what? It’s preseason and as long as he’s up to speed and performing well, it’s no one’s business if he likes a smoke in the off-season.

Plenty of athletes use drugs recreationally out of season. Ian Wright used to smoke 24hrs before games at Palace (an incident where he was nearly caught led to him quitting).

Users who are viewing this thread