Match Thread Burton Albion vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Nov (1 Viewer)

TewkesburySkyBlue

It does my head in when some of our so-called supporters pour venom on the players and manager when we lose. Would be nice to have the club supported by people who are a bit more objective. Guess when we get to the playoffs the doomsayers will be front of the queue for tickets.

letsallsingtogether

No I don’t and the abuse you have hurled at certain players is far worse than I’d even think of putting on this forum

Truth hurts I suspect
Come on then big shot post these posts on here.
The only player I slagged off was RCC and that was only to address the balance to the shit you gave Burge.
You are the most people hating person on here, sit back take a look at youself and reflect.
Have I even ever asked for a manager to be sacked?
How many times have you given then all including MR a locking.

I'm waiting for those abusive posts stop bullshitting and bring them up.

covcity4life

Burton full backs get to byline . Ours rarely past the halfway line

Football is always changing and right now it is the brave that succeed. Man city lpool not man Utd. Last year wolves fulham not Middlesbrough.

Now of course man u and Middlesbrough are good teams in their respective leagues and pulis more than capable of yet another promotion but I feel like football has shifted recently. Attacking teams are rewarded and robin's needs to make that tweak.

Otis

Football is always changing and right now it is the brave that succeed. Man city lpool not man Utd. Last year wolves fulham not Middlesbrough.

Now of course man u and Middlesbrough are good teams in their respective leagues and pulis more than capable of yet another promotion but I feel like football has shifted recently. Attacking teams are rewarded and robin's needs to make that tweak.
Or if not him, Robins instead.

smileycov

Facebook User
Was at the game, still don’t quite follow the substitutions. Hiwula was ineffective all game, should have been swapped with Jones. Chaplin should have gone instead of jch, thought jch did okay compared to others. Thomas should have passed instead of running direct at keeper would have made s difference. Passing was shocking by all tbf. Grimmer - whom I like and rate, was very disappointing in first game back. They were there for the taking and we were too poor to take advantage. Brown was good today, was everywhere and got stuck in. Chaplin gets no service at all. Impossible to see if he will score plenty or not because he gets no chances which is why he drops deep to try create, catch 22 there imo. Our fans are brilliant, shame the performances keep letting us down

smileycov

Facebook User

Grimmer was attacking a lot yesterday, just very poor delivery -

Grendel

Come on then big shot post these posts on here.
The only player I slagged off was RCC and that was only to address the balance to the shit you gave Burge.
You are the most people hating person on here, sit back take a look at youself and reflect.
Have I even ever asked for a manager to be sacked?
How many times have you given then all including MR a locking.

I'm waiting for those abusive posts stop bullshitting and bring them up.

I’ve already pointing out that Stokes was another you frequently singled out.

Hating person? Hardly. I can remember somineine actually saying they hated a certain footballer on here. Now who was that?

As for mangers - well guess I’m the only fan whose ever wanted a manager sacked. How shocking,

pusbccfc

It does my head in when some of our so-called supporters pour venom on the players and manager when we lose. Would be nice to have the club supported by people who are a bit more objective. Guess when we get to the playoffs the doomsayers will be front of the queue for tickets.

People are negative because for the first time in years we've spent money and we are not performing the the standard that money suggests.

There are very few clubs where players can be worshipped to the same level they are at Coventry. It's also one of the easiest places to get stick.

Sick Boy

Problems seem to be at the back. Too many gifted goals. Never been that keen on Burge, although he has improved he doesn't dominate and give confidence to the guys in front.

The defence is the least of our concerns at the moment and Burge has been excellent overall this season and that's coming from someone who used to be a be critic of his. He has really come along since the start of last season and is now one of our most reliable players.

Skybluefaz

People are negative because for the first time in years we've spent money and we are not performing the the standard that money suggests.

There are very few clubs where players can be worshipped to the same level they are at Coventry. It's also one of the easiest places to get stick.
We've gone up a division and are within spitting distance of a play off spot. That isn't underperforming in my book.

DannyThomas_1981

People need to be a little less critical because we lost one. Yes we were poor today overall after a promising start. There are issues with playing deep among other things but it's one loss after a good run and to an OG.
So lets get some perspective. I expect a far better performance next time out and sure we will get it. We need to tweak the squad in my opinion in January but Jones will come good and Sterling is a big miss. We are better than what we showed today.

I half agree Paxman. The frustration many feel is that there are things that obviously need changing for us to progress from here. If anything the winning run hid our weaknesses. In no particular order:

1. Hiwula should not be playing on the left of midfield, it's creating all kinds of issues both in attack and defence.

2. Post half time for some reason this team is playing as if it's the last game of the season aka Spurs 96/97 with basically 11 of the lads defending from our goal line. That just invites pressure.

3. Chaplin is playing far too deep. Either on instructions from Robins or because he's simply being starved of decent service.

4. JCH's performances have dropped off. He's looking very much like JCH from last season to me after an upturn in form after Biamou's untimely injury. I personally feel that AB should have been given his chance after his Charlton heroics. Starting JCH again after that game showed JCH that he was undroppable.

5. Partly linked to the above, Robins makes changes very late when things are clearly not working. Yesterday was a good case in point. Hiwula should have been pulled at half time. Why wasn't Kelly introduced when we clearly did not have a foothold in midfield? Why was Grimmer not hooked when he was clearly not match fit? These decisions cost us yesterday in a match that I think was there for the taking.

Grendel

I half agree Paxman. The frustration many feel is that there are things that obviously need changing for us to progress from here. If anything the winning run hid our weaknesses. In no particular order:

1. Hiwula should not be playing on the left of midfield, it's creating all kinds of issues both in attack and defence.

2. Post half time for some reason this team is playing as if it's the last game of the season aka Spurs 96/97 with basically 11 of the lads defending from our goal line. That just invites pressure.

3. Chaplin is playing far too deep. Either on instructions from Robins or because he's simply being starved of decent service.

4. JCH's performances have dropped off. He's looking very much like JCH from last season to me after an upturn in form after Biamou's untimely injury. I personally feel that AB should have been given his chance after his Charlton heroics. Starting JCH again after that game showed JCH that he was undroppable.

5. Partly linked to the above, Robins makes changes very late when things are clearly not working. Yesterday was a good case in point. Hiwula should have been pulled at half time. Why wasn't Kelly introduced when we clearly did not have a foothold in midfield? Why was Grimmer not hooked when he was clearly not match fit? These decisions cost us yesterday in a match that I think was there for the taking.

Bakayoko and Hiwula are not central strikers that can lead a line - they are not strong enough.

When Hiwula has played in the middle he looks all over the place.

letsallsingtogether

I’ve already pointing out that Stokes was another you frequently singled out.

Hating person? Hardly. I can remember somineine actually saying they hated a certain footballer on here. Now who was that?

As for mangers - well guess I’m the only fan whose ever wanted a manager sacked. How shocking,
Who was that well I believe I answered that as for stokes please put up the post where I have I said I hated Stokes or any other player?
Again I ask you put up the posts on here where you say I have said disgusting things about ANY player including the 2 you have mensioned.

Now if you were talking about Joy or Tin I would agree with you.

Again please put up those posts on here.

Grendel

Who was that well I believe I answered that as for stokes please put up the post where I have I said I hated Stokes or any other player?
Again I ask you put up the posts on here where you say I have said disgusting things about ANY player including the 2 you have mensioned.

Now if you were talking about Joy or Tin I would agree with you.

Again please put up those posts on here.

Sigh

Match Thread - Coventry City - Exeter City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Sep

DannyThomas_1981

Bakayoko and Hiwula are not central strikers that can lead a line - they are not strong enough.

When Hiwula has played in the middle he looks all over the place.

Agreed Grendel. Hiwula and AB would work best in a front 3. Again not a very fashionable view but we are really missing Biamou - he would be a very decent partner for Chaplin. I wait for the usual abuse.

Tommo72

Agree with all of this.

Out-thought, Out-fought and Outplayed.

Ten minutes into the second half it was clear how the half was likely to pan out, changes were needed 15 minutes earlier. Bringing Jones on much earlier would have given them something to think about and he’s probably one of our only players that can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Credit to Burton, they pressed well and looked after the ball far far better.....we just couldn’t get the basics right or see the simple passes. Not sure I agree that they were there for the taking either, even at our best it would have been a tight game and only consistency stops them being a front runner...

Grendel

Agreed Grendel. Hiwula and AB would work best in a front 3. Again not a very fashionable view but we are really missing Biamou - he would be a very decent partner for Chaplin. I wait for the usual abuse.

Why would he? He has 3 assists to his credit in over 50 games - all at a lower level to this.

DannyThomas_1981

Why would he? He has 3 assists to his credit in over 50 games - all at a lower level to this.
Re-watch the last 10 games of last season. Watch Notts County away. Tell me that Max was not integral to our promotion success after watching those games.

He made a huge step up last season from non league and I personally think he offers more than JCH. JCH has many attributes but I'm not sure he consistently has the desire.

Grendel

Re-watch the last 10 games of last season. Watch Notts County away. Tell me that Max was not integral to our promotion success after watching those games.

He made a huge step up last season from non league and I personally think he offers more than JCH. JCH has many attributes but I'm not sure he consistently has the desire.

How many of the last 10 league games did he start?

oucho

As others have pointed out, at least we're still level on points with the team in the last playoff slot. If other results had gone differently in the last two weeks we could have been a bit adrift. As it is, we are as well placed (in points terms relative to 6th place) as we were after our 5th win.

pusbccfc

We've gone up a division and are within spitting distance of a play off spot. That isn't underperforming in my book.

Yeah, but we've gone from League 2 to League 1. For most players, that shouldn't be a big step up.

We've also spent significantly more money than the majority of clubs in this division.

Skybluefaz

Yeah, but we've gone from League 2 to League 1. For most players, that shouldn't be a big step up.

We've also spent significantly more money than the majority of clubs in this division.
What have we spent compared to others? Can you link me to that info? "For most players that shouldn't be a big step up" I don't know where to start with that.

Grendel

Not sure.
What I do know is that he featured in 11 games from 30th March through to the play off final on the 28th May. Scoring 6 goals. In addition to being an absolute vital cog in the team.

He made no assists in that time and only in the Notts County game did his goals have any bearing on the result. I randomly checked 3 lleague games in the last 10 abd he played 35 minutes in total.

It’s perception above reality

DannyThomas_1981

He made no assists in that time and only in the Notts County game did his goals have any bearing on the result. I randomly checked 3 lleague games in the last 10 abd he played 35 minutes in total.

I watched all of those games. Max was immense in everything that he did for the team. Perhaps your own perception is completely misguided.

Grendel

I watched all of those games. Max was immense in everything that he did for the team. Perhaps your own perception is completely misguided.

He hardly played in a lot of them

You’ve had a selfie with him haven’t you?

larry_david

Jch was fucking diabolical for the last month and half of last season. Let's have it right he may have started more games but he was awful. Last good game he had last season was crewe away.

The worst thing about biamous injury is we will never know now if he could have made the step up and now we face another 8 months of grendal vs anyone who'll say anything against him.

DannyThomas_1981

'only in the Notts County game did his goals have any bearing on the result.....' You've written some ridiculous things Grendel but that is right up there with the very best. You are aware of the importance of that game with everything on the line? Max's second goal in that game was sensational at a time we were under incredible pressure.

DannyThomas_1981

Jch was fucking diabolical for the last month and half of last season. Let's have it right he may have started more games but he was awful. Last good game he had last season was crewe away.

The worst thing about biamous injury is we will never know now if he could have made the step up and now we face another 8 months of grendal vs anyone who'll say anything against him.
Exactly.

larry_david

We all want jch to be the monster he was vs Sunderland but he's shown it in about 5 games since Jan. I keep banging on about Bradford away but he should have had 3 in that game and if max had missed those headers from 3 yards, god knows how much abuse he'd get.

Whilst we are at it, hiwula has scored something like 12 league one goals in his last two campaigns, to say he can't play through the middle is a bit silly isn't it

clint van damme

Was at the game, still don’t quite follow the substitutions. Hiwula was ineffective all game, should have been swapped with Jones. Chaplin should have gone instead of jch, thought jch did okay compared to others. Thomas should have passed instead of running direct at keeper would have made s difference. Passing was shocking by all tbf. Grimmer - whom I like and rate, was very disappointing in first game back. They were there for the taking and we were too poor to take advantage. Brown was good today,

what worried me was the areas
@ccfcway this is why it's important to analyse performances in cup games. A valuable lesson learned for you this is.

It's not that relevant when there are wholesale changes including the selection of a couple of kids like Tueday night

Users who are viewing this thread