Burnley to bid for Vik (1 Viewer)

Telfer85

Stolen from the Burnley forum article in the scum this morning:

Burnley boss Vincent Kompany will be in the bidding for Coventry City’s Swedish striker Viktor Gyokeres in the window.

Kompany wants an extra forward for the promotion push and hard-running, quick-shooting Gyokeres is top of his list.

Gyokeres was valued at around £15 million in the last window, a fee that put off Fulham and Middlesbrough, and Burnley would not go in that high.

However the Clarets could make a splash at a large figure and hope that Coventry’s uncertainties off the field force a sensible sale.

Ironically Burnley tried for Sky Blues midfielder Callum O’Hare in the last market but he was injured as they closed in on a fee. And new arrivals since have meant he is not a priority now.

Kompany will get cash to spend after raising funds and also impressing with his instant improvement of the squad.

Burnley fear and almost expect Belgium will make an approach for Kompany to become the next national coach.

However the former Belgian skipper is committed to the club who gave him his big chance in England. And the fact he has had money and will continue to have it helps in any decision he has to take.

Evo1883

I think this is plausible, not sure what’s funny.
Well if they pay the money then yes it's plausible , just a point to make , burnley don't normally spend big money , their record fee is 15 mill and they spent a good while in the top flight .

They won't spend the money required

lord_garrincha

If we sell for under £15m as suggested we are stupid.
The numbers bit are usually wrong in rumour mills, but the foundation of the story is plausible... I'm sure it won't be the last rumour in the next 8 weeks... and clubs may see the current ownership void as the time to fill their boots.

wingy

Well he's back in tomorrow so I suggest they get the Dosh offered and signed up on an extension

Evo1883

I honestly can’t see us getting anywhere near even £10m for him. Tempted to go lower. Our owners are lettuces.

Nah sorry , this is how burnley maggot fans talk about our players , we will give you 6 and you will take it kind of shit .

I'd be furious if we sold for less than 15 .. there's several premier league clubs interested too per reports, we should avoid sharks like burnley and deal with big boys

hill83

Nah sorry , this is how burnley maggot fans talk about our players , we will give you 6 and you will take it kind of shit .

I'd be furious if we sold for less than 15 .. there's several premier league clubs interested too per reports, we should avoid sharks like burnley and deal with big boys

Ah, first day as a Cov supporter.

David O'Day

they won't play what we would want and he won't force a move to them

we going to do this at every half thought out rumour

slowpoke

We know the money situation at ccfc is tight but how much a month is it to run the whole club, we have four home games up to and including January the 1st I reckon with walk up support plus away fans that’s about half a million quid could be more, then there’s the third round of the FA Cup mid January could be another £100k+ and a TV game v Norwich
If we stay top six I’d think gates of 20k plus will happen that’s about 7k walk ups plus away fans.

Briles

15 million over 15 yearly installments?

No thanks

wantageskyblue

“However the Clarets could make a splash at a large figure and hope that Coventry’s uncertainties off the field force a sensible sale.”

“Sensible” - for who? Talk about patronising, who writes this stuff?

Evo1883

“However the Clarets could make a splash at a large figure and hope that Coventry’s uncertainties off the field force a sensible sale.”

It's how they are, infuriating little twats

David O'Day

some floof on a message board

Users who are viewing this thread