Burnley striker.... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
This forum is absolute poison. Having done work for the Telegraph myself they are all honest people who are doing their job. Some of you need to grow up.

Why is it poison?

Can people not point out it is copied and pasted off here?

fernandopartridge

Because Andy, James and Aidan are all good reporters who do their best with the lack of information given to them by the club. Trust me, I know. And then there are arseholes on here who mouth off and have a go, how would you like it if you were being slated for your job? No hope for people my age if blokes older than me are acting like kids.

I see you've missed Simon out.

Nick

Administrator
Because Andy, James and Aidan are all good reporters who do their best with the lack of information given to them by the club. Trust me, I know. And then there are arseholes on here who mouth off and have a go, how would you like it if you were being slated for your job? No hope for people my age if blokes older than me are acting like kids.

So it is poison because people point out they are copy and pasting things off here?

stevefloyd

Its ok they slate the footballers as well...me well I slate the government

Nick

Administrator
They don't copy and paste off here. It takes time to check sources and ensure the information is correct, they don't use bollocks and rumours spread on here.

People come on here to have a go at people and get at each other's throats which is quite embarrassing really.

So the fact people are on about RCC tweeting him and then that he tweeted from Leamington?

Amongst the bickering, there are some golden nuggets of information. See Jack McBean...

Yes, because the telegraph never ever publish silly rumours.

Job titles now seem to be content writers rather than reporters, it is finding content online and then just putting it into an article. 5 things we know about, 10 things we learnt, 5 things that happened today, your reaction to so and so.

skyblue1991

They don't copy and paste off here. It takes time to check sources and ensure the information is correct, they don't use bollocks and rumours spread on here.

People come on here to have a go at people and get at each other's throats which is quite embarrassing really.

Did you cry when you had to take your tongue out of Wasps' arses?

skybluedan

I'm an arsehole who thinks the whole paper is utter wank but as this is a football forum and the emphasis is on the Sky blues and they are sky blue reporters. Let's be honest here Andy turner and Simon Gilbert are always two steps behind this forum and probably other forums too , if they have a lack of information from the club then as a reporter are you not supposed to go get stories? Me I'm just poison and think there a pair of cunts but hey I'm an arsehole and I act like a kid to boot , don't know who james and aides are so can't comment on them

shmmeee

Don't worry about it mate, there's no sense to be had on here from anyone about anyone.

shmmeee

I'm an arsehole who thinks the whole paper is utter wank but as this is a football forum and the emphasis is on the Sky blues and they are sky blue reporters. Let's be honest here Andy turner and Simon Gilbert are always two steps behind this forum and probably other forums too , if they have a lack of information from the club then as a reporter are you not supposed to go get stories? Me I'm just poison and think there a pair of cunts but hey I'm an arsehole and I act like a kid to boot , don't know who james and aides are so can't comment on them

It's almost like newspaper reporters have a tougher workflow to get a story out than we do to post on here... How strange.

skybluedan

So the fact people are on about RCC tweeting him and then that he tweeted from Leamington?

Amongst the bickering, there are some golden nuggets of information. See Jack McBean...

Yes, because the telegraph never ever publish silly rumours.

Job titles now seem to be content writers rather than reporters, it is finding content online and then just putting it into an article. 5 things we know about, 10 things we learnt, 5 things that happened today, your reaction to so and so.

Hahaha true

Liquid Gold

I think the telegraph are not looked at favourably because:

a) They imply we are about to make signings and when we don't people get angry at the club who aren't lead anybody on.
b) As a format that has a lessening circulation is reliant on advertising and as the London egg chasers are a big advertiser they feel obliged to put a positive spin on wasps.
b) There are rarely quality investigative articles about the role CCC have played in our demise.

If it's acting like a child to expect more than this from Coventry's premier news outlet then what would you recommend we do?

Last edited:

oucho

How do you know how old any of us are? Or even that we're all male? You know what they say, "never assume..."

Returning to the point, someone called James wrote the article today - it was 100% a rehash of their previous article on Agyei from the start of the month, updated with the "highlights" of this thread i.e Agyei tweeted from Leamington, RCC tweeted "the goals will come". That's not news. It's just repeating something already on Sky Blues Talk without adding any of their own reporting. Yes I know some CET readers won't read SBT but they shouldn't simply publish articles based on what's doing the rounds on Twitter. If they haven't got anything from their own reporting, better to report nothing at all.

All summer long they have clearly been struggling for something to write, hence the tedious pieces about "Venus confident of signings soon" and "Mowbray bides his time on signings", trying to pretend there's a story when there's no news at all. It would be better to be honest and simply mention that there's no news on that transfer front, rather than try to spin a desperately thin article out of it pretending that anything newsworthy is going on. I know they're good people and I know the club doesn't help much but they're also professionals and the standard of some of the reporting has not been great.

Samo

How do you know how old any of us are? Or even that we're all male? You know what they say, "never assume..."

Returning to the point, someone called James wrote the article today - it was 100% a rehash of their previous article on Agyei from the start of the month, updated with the "highlights" of this thread i.e Agyei tweeted from Leamington, RCC tweeted "the goals will come". That's not news. It's just repeating something already on Sky Blues Talk without adding any of their own reporting. Yes I know some CET readers won't read SBT but they shouldn't simply publish articles based on what's doing the rounds on Twitter. If they haven't got anything from their own reporting, better to report nothing at all.

All summer long they have clearly been struggling for something to write, hence the tedious pieces about "Venus confident of signings soon" and "Mowbray bides his time on signings", trying to pretend there's a story when there's no news at all. It would be better to be honest and simply mention that there's no news on that transfer front, rather than try to spin a desperately thin article out of it pretending that anything newsworthy is going on. I know they're good people and I know the club doesn't help much but they're also professionals and the standard of some of the reporting has not been great.

I for example, am a 12 year old girl :p

oucho

Yes it was, it was a non story then too.

No idea why its in today's live feed.
The report has got today's date on it. Funnily enough, I originally saw the story last week on Simon Gilbert's Facebook page, but when I clicked through I got a "page not found" - so I wonder whether the story was originally uploaded last week, pulled down quickly (due to some kind of Brody legal intervention?) and now re-stated (presuming they've overcome the initial reason for removing it).

oucho

I did notice it appeared right after the club had announced a new signing. Can't have people getting distracted by positive news.
Surely, Brody not returning is also positive news!

stupot07

The report has got today's date on it. Funnily enough, I originally saw the story last week on Simon Gilbert's Facebook page, but when I clicked through I got a "page not found" - so I wonder whether the story was originally uploaded last week, pulled down quickly (due to some kind of Brody legal intervention?) and now re-stated (presuming they've overcome the initial reason for removing it).
It has comments posted on it from 6 days ago. Slow news day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ricketts

This is a brilliant signing, can't wait to see him on Saturday.

And until Jan too, so we can get another fresh kid for the second half of the season.

Sick Boy

This forum is absolute poison. Having done work for the Telegraph myself they are all honest people who are doing their job. Some of you need to grow up.

Haha for pointing out what a second rate rag it is? If it wasn't for this forum it wouldn't have any CCFC stories.

AFCCOVENTRY

Looks like he was injured for most of last season. Let's hope he doesn't have injury problems over the next 5 months.

August 18, 2016
Loan deal at Coventry for Agyei
ShareTweetPinMail