Burnley striker.... (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

Had a snippet about a young Burnley striker coming in maybe tomorrow (Thursday) or at least before the weekend.
I honestly haven't got any names but looking at recent interest I can only guess that it might be Dan Akyei. Akyei is a 19 year old youngster and untried in the league but has scored plenty in under 18 and under 21 sides. Like I said, not sure that it's him but a reliable source says a young striker from Burnley will be joining.

Last edited:

Wheelfass

Yeh, not too much about him on YouTube except for some U18 & U21 goals but who knows....we didn't know much about AA before he arrived either.
However, like I said. I didn't get given a name so it Isnt neccessarily him but the Burnley striker link was very posative.

junglej13

The club are normally quick to deny any links with players we aren't in for. Nothing was said about this lad so I suspect it may be him who joins on loan before the weekend.

AFCCOVENTRY

Burnley striker Dan Agyei set for loan spell but will he be winging his way to Coventry City?
  • 11:01, 3 AUG 2016
  • UPDATED 12:00, 3 AUG 2016
  • BY ANDY TURNER
Prolific Clarets' teen ready for loan spell amid speculation that Sky Blues are keen to take him to the Ricoh Arena
GettyImages-583549772.jpg

Dan Agyei of Burnley
Burnley boss Sean Dyche appears ready to signal the release of a number of his development players for loan, including one who has been linked with Coventry City .

According to national reports the Sky Blues have striker Dan Agyei on their radar, a quick and powerful 19-year-old who signed for the Clarets from AFC Wimbledon last summer after scoring 35 times during the 2014/15 season for the Don’s U-18 and U-21 sides.

The London-born striker made his full debut for the Premier League club during their pre-season friendly against Bradford City earlier this month before playing 90 minutes in their 2-1 victory over Bolton last week.

The Sunday Mirror claim QPR are keen on his services with City reportedly also interested.

Speaking about Agyei and fellow Under-21s Aiden O'Neill and Josh Ginnelly - who last week joined Coventry's League One rivals Walsall on loan until January - Dyche said: “They’re with us for a reason at the moment, we think it’s good for their development to get that real first-team feel.

JS95707490.jpg

Burnley's Dan Agyei clears the danger during the pre-season friendly match at the Macron Stadium, Bolton

Rumour mill: Coventry City to rival QPR for powerful Burnley striker Dan Agyei

“Beyond that we’ll judge it accordingly. You can see they’re ready, they are players I feel strongly are ready.

“I played in all the leagues as a player and they are definitely ready for league football in my opinion.”

Asked about Agyei – who had a week with League Two Morecambe earlier this summer – after his run out against Bradford City, Dyche said: “He did really good.

"We’re exposing them to different experiences, which Morecambe was, but I’ve made it clear, we don’t push them out to places without thought; a lot of thought goes into it.

“We want to expose them to first team football and know some good people in the game so we say ‘have a few days’, it’s good for our players and good for them as well.

AFCCOVENTRY

Oldham, Blackpool & Bury have enquired about taking Burnley striker Dan Agyei on loan #OAFC #bfc #buryfc

Wheelfass

Was a posative link from a posative source but like I said....no name.
With the CT article from early August in mind it would seem logical to assume that it is him. Just have to wait and see.

stevefloyd

Seems like a beast for his age...he shouldn't get bullied too much ...fingers crossed ..well fingers crossed for anyone...

Liquid Gold

Looks like he might be the striker coming in then. I wonder what this means for McBean. Hopefully he's the target mad we're looking for

AFCCOVENTRY

image.png

Interesting RCC posted this a few hours before Dan was in Leamington. Cryptic clue that a striker is in the building...

stevefloyd

Lets hope if he does sign we don't put him on the bench to wait his turn because we need him like 1 month ago

oucho

I cannot see us signing Agyei AND McBean, as we're not going to have more than 4 strikers on the books (we already have 3 - Tuddy, Sordell and Kwame).

I know we didn't know AA last season and he went on to be great, but this season the strikeforce does not inspire confidence.

We've not looked this short of goals since the season when our strikers were the immobile elderly Platt, Fat Freddie (who wasn't fit enough to play), the young lad from Man City who didn't score, and Roy O'Donovan. Yes we sold Juke but that £700k probably just funded the club's losses for a month. If he'd stayed, we had a fighting chance of staying up which must have been worth a lot more than £700k.

AFCCOVENTRY

McBean is being looked at as a future player so he would be signed to play with U21s and integrated to the 1st team when needed.

Wheelfass

I've also heard that a young Villa player that has been described as "even faster than Armstrong" has been identified by one of our scouts. I don't think that it goes any further than that but I think we should at least take some heart that we have people out there looking to strengthen the squad.

oucho

McBean is being looked at as a future player so he would be signed to play with U21s and integrated to the 1st team when needed.
I'd be surprised if that's true, as he would be a loannee. Why integrate a loannee into the youth team rather than the first team? We don't have a stake in his future, after all. Our budget would have better uses, surely.

I notice the CT have written up a story which is essentially a re-hash of their August report on Agyei plus the selected contents of this thread!

smileycov

Facebook User
I'd be surprised if that's true, as he would be a loannee. Why integrate a loannee into the youth team rather than the first team? We don't have a stake in his future, after all. Our budget would have better uses, surely.

I notice the CT have written up a story which is essentially a re-hash of their August report on Agyei plus the selected contents of this thread!
But i believed he was brought in loan with view to permanent signing?

oucho

But i believed he was brought in loan with view to permanent signing?
First I've heard about it, if true (not that I necessarily doubt you).

oucho

As we all follow events closely, it's easy to lack the big picture, long term view. We've just drawn at home in the league with Bury and Shrewsbury, and nobody has treated either result with any sense that these are shocking, unacceptable results. Even 5 years ago, to be held at home by those sides would be seen as a bit of a shock result.

Same with the new signing....we're avidly hoping that a youth player from Burnley joins us on loan....it shows how far we have fallen that Burnley, a smaller club than us for most of the time I've supported CCFC, are now so far ahead of us.

oucho

How long until the telegraph mention his tweet from leamington?
See above, they've done it already. It was the sole basis of their rehashed Agyei story this morning.

Wheelfass

As we all follow events closely, it's easy to lack the big picture, long term view. We've just drawn at home in the league with Bury and Shrewsbury, and nobody has treated either result with any sense that these are shocking, unacceptable results. Even 5 years ago, to be held at home by those sides would be seen as a bit of a shock result.

Same with the new signing....we're avidly hoping that a youth player from Burnley joins us on loan....it shows how far we have fallen that Burnley, a smaller club than us for most of the time I've supported CCFC, are now so far ahead of us.
That is very true and underlines our decline very clearly.
Just as a matter of interest.... Burnley were the first club that we played after promotion to the top league (division 1) in 67. The game was away at Turf Moor and we played in a all white kit with gold trim. We lost 2-1. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread