Broad gate 6pm (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

And the lad who had his head kicked in by the train station, wasn't tryna make it a competition but when there calling us hooligans for backing to lads with a knife into a corner you have to respond.

You got a source for this lad by the train station? First I’ve heard and google turns up nothing.

Nick

Administrator
Starting to wonder if I’ve been lucky or just ignorant to have never heard racist chants at the football. Possibly just a little deaf.

I remember one against Bradford years ago to be fair. I say years ago, I think it was at the Ricoh.

clint van damme

But that’s the bit that cannot be proved by video or not what I have seen on these so far?

I don't need the video to know it's true

Edit - there are also stills from the video emerging which appear to show one of the mob with a knife near the bin. It's a real horrible mess and all started because some biigotted prick.got upset about a few card board banners

Dazmataz

Starting to wonder if I’ve been lucky or just ignorant to have never heard racist chants at the football. Possibly just a little deaf.

Me neither, thankfully I think it's pretty rare at games these days. England fans actually started anti-racist chants when faced with racist abuse of Raheem Sterling in Bulgaria earlier this year.

Covstu

Both videos in isolation look like something out of the 80s. The first one and the comments made around the placards is inexcusably racist and that guy will be done.
The second ‘chase’ video looks awful and certainly paints a shite picture of our club and fans. Would love to know if there is any follow up on this prior to this video to link the two together. Would be nice if the police would confirm there was a ‘huge blade’ involved also but still no convinced that bottling the two lads was the most sensible course of action here. Was the guy from the first video on the second?

Covstu

Edit - there are also stills from the video emerging which appear to show one of the mob with a knife near the bin. It's a real horrible mess and all started because some biigotted prick.got upset about a few card board banners
Yes but evidence is going to be the difference between this and ever city fan being labelled racist, bigoted pricks

Covstu

In addition to this I had a right shock going to my first England game. Racist chanting everywhere. I was cringing my head off. I innocently assumed all football crowds would be like us.
Yep sat in both England and city games and heard it, no doubt some of this crowd share the same views

David O'Day

That's a plastic tube, doesn't look like a knife to me

duffer

And the lad who had his head kicked in by the train station, wasn't tryna make it a competition but when there calling us hooligans for backing to lads with a knife into a corner you have to respond.

It's funny, because when I watch that video, then from point the police arrive all I can see is everyone else behaving exactly like hooligans - drunken, cowardly ones at that.

If you're trying to defend this sort of shit behaviour (or indeed any sort of shit behaviour) by needlessly comparing it to the Black Lives Matter protest, then maybe, as uncomfortable as it is for you to accept, you are just a teensy bit racist. At least it makes you uncomfortable, which is a start; now join the dots and see why people get offended by it and maybe there's scope for a change in approach.

As for the undeniable, overt racism that was on display, from the dickhead videoing himself, did anyone respond to that at the time? I haven't heard anything about him being backed into a corner is all.

We've got some racist fans, I'm afraid, I've been there and heard it for myself. There may not be many of them, but I don't remember them being responded to by another bunch of fans backing them into a corner and threatening them. Why is that, I wonder?

It's great that everyone on here calls it out for what it is after the fact - can we agree now that we're all going to start calling it out when it happens. This so that people like him stay under their rocks and never drag the name of our club down again?

chiefdave

Stand up to racism demanding arrests (which I agree with for anybody found to be being racist) but no mention of any knife and saying it was a racist attack.
The Telegraph article says Stand Up to Racism have issued a press release demanding arrests but there doesn't seem to be any sign of it on their website or social media. Have they taken it down in light of the police confirming a weapon was found?

David O'Day

It's funny, because when I watch that video, then from point the police arrive all I can see is everyone else behaving exactly like hooligans - drunken, cowardly ones at that.

If you're trying to defend this sort of shit behaviour (or indeed any sort of shit behaviour) by needlessly comparing it to the Black Lives Matter protest, then maybe, as uncomfortable as it is for you to accept, you are just a teensy bit racist. At least it makes you uncomfortable, which is a start; now join the dots and see why people get offended by it and maybe there's scope for a change in approach.

As for the undeniable, overt racism that was on display, from the dickhead videoing himself, did anyone respond to that at the time? I haven't heard anything about him being backed into a corner is all.

We've got some racist fans, I'm afraid, I've been there and heard it for myself. There may not be many of them, but I don't remember them being responded to by another bunch of fans backing them into a corner and threatening them. Why is that, I wonder?

It's great that everyone on here calls it out for what it is after the fact - can we agree now that we're all going to start calling it out when it happens. This so that people like him stay under their rocks and never drag the name of our club down again?

Yes there was no need for the mob and the throwing of objects but from people who were there I hva ebeen told they definitely had a knife and we vocal about it.

So yes the racist c**t should be banned and arrested

Yes the lads with knifes should be arrested

It's not a binary decision

clint van damme

People did respond to him No they didn't corner him but some people were telling him to stop doing it and have some respect.

Edit - and you're equating a racist chant with someone waving a knife. I don't know you you can think the response to both of those things should be the same. And for the record, Ive pulled people up at football for making racist remarks.

David O'Day

Sultanas replies are an absolute bin fire between her mental supporters and all the racists she attracts.
i mean what do they want her to say?

All she will say is she is concerned and it is being looked into by WMP

Kieranp96

I don't agree with the video or the name calling just like I will happily support blm but to clal us hooligans for backing 2 lads up because one had a knife is just stupid, your opinion would be different had they actually stabbed someone.

Kieranp96

So Facebook bollocks then.
Possibly but there was a photo of a lad laid out on the floor with blood pissing out his head, also Snapchat but eh who cares I've been told not to compare a protest that caused trouble and a football celebration that cause non bar a few individuals

David O'Day

104125825_10158647266435844_905933648989552613_o.jpg

Here's a better photo of the city fan they say had the knife.

It's clearly not a knife

shmmeee

Possibly but there was a photo of a lad laid out on the floor with blood pissing out his head, also Snapchat but eh who cares I've been told not to compare a protest that caused trouble and a football celebration that cause non bar a few individuals

Just scrolled back to mid May and can’t see anything. Maybe they took it down? They are currently posting against the bottle throwers from last night and claiming CCFC fans threw bottles at Lady Godiva and left a load of mess though...

No official report means no credibility. There’s no need to try and draw false equivalence with BLM TBH.

duffer

People did respond to him No they didn't corner him but some people were telling him to stop doing it and have some respect.

Edit - and you're equating a racist chant with someone waving a knife. I don't know you you can think the response to both of those things should be the same. And for the record, Ive pulled people up at football for making racist remarks.

On the contrary, I think the response should be same - they should be held and arrested. If we feel brave enough as a group to challenge people with knives (allegedly) and pin them in a corner until the police arrive, then why aren't we brave enough as a group to do the same for this kind of hugely offensive behaviour?

Fair play for sticking your neck out before, but was yours a lone voice when you challenged racists in the past? 'Some people' isn't enough mate, it needs to be all of us.

David O'Day

Also as per the photo above he has it in his hand and the police are between him and the bin so this won't be the weapon found.

clint van damme

That doesn't mean it happened Sunday though

Same as the police were posting pictures of officers injured during the protests but some of them were from years ago.
We're in a post truth era (as the reaction to last night's antics demonstrate), and it's frightening.

Senior Vick from Alicante

It's sad that our society is being divided on racial terms. The police tactics in London at the BLM protest has emboldened youths to take things in to there own hands. Far right feel agreaved because they think the protesters at the weekend got left alone, add in the beer and you get the twat in the first video. The media has whipped the BLM issues higher to the point that there so angry you get 2 kids turn up wanting to take it out on the twat from the video thinking it's OK. They then meet a crowd of pissed up fans and the inevitable happens. That saying the twat from the first video does not represent the majority of City fans, and the two lads don't represent the majority of the bame community in the City. The sooner social media gets regulated the quicker tensions between communities will calm back down. We all want to get a long in life as best we can, it's tough enough with out the mobs and division we get fed in the media.

covcity4life

It's sad that our society is being divided on racial terms. The police tactics in London at the BLM protest has emboldened youths to take things in to there own hands. Far right feel agreaved because they think the protesters at the weekend got left alone, add in the beer and you get the twat in the first video. The media has whipped the BLM issues higher to the point that there so angry you get 2 kids turn up wanting to take it out on the twat from the video thinking it's OK. They then meet a crowd of pissed up fans and the inevitable happens. That saying the twat from the first video does not represent the majority of City fans, and the two lads don't represent the majority of the bame community in the City. The sooner social media gets regulated the quicker tensions between communities will calm back down. We all want to get a long in life as best we can, it's tough enough with out the mobs and division we get fed in the media.
Well said and perfectly put on all counts

clint van damme

On the contrary, I think the response should be same - they should be held and arrested. If we feel brave enough as a group to challenge people with knives (allegedly) and pin them in a corner until the police arrive, then why aren't we brave enough as a group to do the same for this kind of hugely offensive behaviour?

Fair play for sticking your neck out before, but was yours a lone voice when you challenged racists in the past? 'Some people' isn't enough mate, it needs to be all of us.

There's no allegedly about the knives.
And I've called out racist remarks as an individual and with others doing it as well. (Both times it was remarks by an.individual not group chanting).

But some people won't put there ahead above the paraphet unless they're directly threatened themselves. I'm not going to knock people for that.

clint van damme

Well i for one hope they had knives. I don't like thinking cov fans would form a racist lynch mob

this is why I didn't go broadgate(other than corona) booze and footy fans doesn't end well!

As much as our fans can be arseholes does anyone think they turned on these 2 lads just because of the colour of their skin?

All this is because of that moron getting upset by the BLM banners the fucking cretin.

Users who are viewing this thread