Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Coventry City match thread Saturday 22 Sep (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Our strikers have scored one goal in open play between them this season - you keep saying poor opposition - we are relatively poor and at best will be middle to bottom half
We should be aiming for mid table, some folk seem to think we should blow every team we play away

Nick

Administrator
I didn't see anything in that Bristol side that should have troubled us. The first 10 minutes they were all at sea and wobbly. Then shocking mistakes from punted up balls we failed to deal with in wet conditions and we are 2 down. Suddenly Bristol are on the ball a bit and competing, confidence growing. Another ball falls the right side for them and they score. so now we have to say " bugger I'm not having this" yet we never seemed to get our shit together. Littered with mistakes on the ball, disjointed as though we were missing an outlet (Bayliss) and JCH showing how very lazy and ineffective he can be. Time and again JCH and Chaplin were miles from each other! Chaplin worked so hard but he needs someone who can support him. Giving the ball away and a lack of decision making simply gifted the game to poor opposition. If we have any aspirations we must sort out players work rate and application for 90 minutes.

How are they poor? They got shots on target and scored.

Grendel

Paxman II

There's plenty of poor opposition in this league we are better than! This was a game where Bristol played hoof. We had a mare dealing with it at the back.
We spent well and recruited fairly well by all accounts, so we ought to be at least mid table. We were disjointed today and couldn't play our way into it.
Chaplin was onside for me so 2-3 would have provided an interesting finish but on a day like this you just know it's not going your way. The problem is making it go your way....win when playing poorly.
Overall not one player stood out for us other than maybe Chaplin who will score goals. Bayliss was a big miss.

Evo1883

Robins has just got us promoted ,we have won 2 trophies in his time back , it’s highly unlikely we will push for promotion this season .
He is getting it wrong at times but we must stick with him , his record (statistically ) is great at city and we can’t just turn on him after every defeat.
Back to back promotions for a club like us Is highly highly unlikely , I get the feel good factor of coming up but we do need to adopt a sense of reality .
It could take 2-3 years to get out of this league with our resources .
Stick with him

Nick

Administrator
There's plenty of poor opposition in this league we are better than! This was a game where Bristol played hoof. We had a mare dealing with it at the back.
We spent well and recruited fairly well by all accounts, so we ought to be at least mid table. We were disjointed today and couldn't play our way into it.
Chaplin was onside for me so 2-3 would have provided an interesting finish but on a day like this you just know it's not going your way. The problem is making it go your way....win when playing poorly.
Overall not one player stood out for us other than maybe Chaplin who will score goals. Bayliss was a big miss.

Yes they played hoof and beat us 3-1 because they took their chances when they got them.

If we couldn't deal with it, it was effective for them. Doesn't really matter how they do it.

GaryJones

Well that was crap!
Game over after half an hour - got soaked so totally miserable afternoon all round.
Wish I hadn’t bothered!

Nick

Administrator
Robins has just got us promoted ,we have won 2 trophies in his time back , it’s highly unlikely we will push for promotion this season .
He is getting it wrong at times but we must stick with him , his record (statistically ) is great at city and we can’t just turn on him after every defeat.
Back to back promotions for a club like us Ian highly highly unlikely , I get the feel good factor of coming up but we do need to adopt a sense of reality .
It could take 2-3 years to get out of this league with our resources .
Stick with him
I don't expect promotion, just want to see a will to win and change things during games to try and make that happen.

Evo1883

I don't expect promotion, just want to see a will to win and change things during games to try and make that happen.

If we are to finish mid table , we will be incredibly inconsistent .
It looks like that will be the case , just stay in this league this season and keep building .
Obviously he gets things wrong , most managers at this level do

Liquid Gold

I said before the start Davies should have played. I know it’s harsh to drop one of our defenders but we needed someone to chuck themselves at things coming into the box today and that’s him.

Paxman II

Yes they played hoof and beat us 3-1 because they took their chances when they got them.

If we couldn't deal with it, it was effective for them. Doesn't really matter how they do it.
Nick they won the game but didn't have to earn it, we gave it them.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well that was crap!
Game over after half an hour - got soaked so totally miserable afternoon all round.
Wish I hadn’t bothered!
Now now Gary. Following City is a long term project, as well you know! Keep counting your money following your Chaplin bet!!!

BrizzolSkyBlue

I was in the covered end with my wife and 2 young lads and was surrounded by some right morons trying to fight with the Rovers fans and even with some of our own fans. These guys look like they're 55+ and should all grow up or get out of the club. I had to leave early because I don't want my 10 year old subjected to someone shouting 'you f***ing c**t at other supporters. What an embarrassment to the city.

Skyblueweeman

3-1 to us today. I think it’s the day where momentum starts to properly build.

As Mrs WM is 5 days away from due date, I need to stay local and my mate has giving me his dads ST to Fratton Park so I’m on a scouting mission at Pompey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...I got the score correct....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryJones

Now now Gary. Following City is a long term project, as well you know! Keep counting your money following your Chaplin bet!!!
Ha yes you’re right but my Chaplin money was dented by backing Luke Thomas as first goal scorer today.
Was standing today (not the best idea I’ve had) - would not be sorry if I never had to visit this ground again. On the plus side the pies were awesome!
What a long and torturous way to enjoy a pie though!

GaryJones

Oh yes I also won the Leamington Supporters Club coach quiz - 2 seats in a box for Wycombe!
On today’s showing I think I’ve won the booby prize!

letsallsingtogether

I was in the covered end with my wife and 2 young lads and was surrounded by some right morons trying to fight with the Rovers fans and even with some of our own fans. These guys look like they're 55+ and should all grow up or get out of the club. I had to leave early because I don't want my 10 year old subjected to someone shouting 'you f***ing c**t at other supporters. What an embarrassment to the city.
Probably the same group who caused trouble at least 3 time last season.
2 pints and they want to take on the world their time will come.

Users who are viewing this thread