Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Coventry City match thread Saturday 22 Sep (6 Viewers)

Ashdown

But I thought on paper we had a great squad and all that.........really ? Shit keepers, average defence, non creative midfield and lacking goals up front. Peachy !

Sky Blue Harry H

Utter shite. How we can score on the stroke of half time and then hardly threaten for 45 minutes while chasing the game is beyond me. Robins tactically woeful yet again, zero bottle from the team. 308 days since we last won a league game after going behind.
Moan, moan, moan. Either take a happy pill if you want to follow City or build us a stadium

mark82

Think we need someone involved in the management side of the club who is more tactically astute, as Robins is lacking in this area. He needs some help.

Evo1883

Very poor today .
Made it too easy for Bristol all game to be honest .
We are a different side away from home , far too negative couldn’t tell if Doyle wanted to hold or be a centre half today .
Slow on the ball , poor movement and deservedly lost .
Sterling is diabolical

fernandopartridge

Utter shite. How we can score on the stroke of half time and then hardly threaten for 45 minutes while chasing the game is beyond me. Robins tactically woeful yet again, zero bottle from the team. 308 days since we last won a league game after going behind.
Mistakes aren't a tactical decision you clown.

Grendel

We have a mid table League One squad and we are ....... mid table.

I’d say it’s a bottom 8 side and we need to try and be too of that pack

CCFC_Charlie

Considering the personnel what tactical changes would you have made?
I'd have made an actual attacking change before the 70th minute considering we were two goals down, get Hiwula on and running at them, try and go more direct instead of being patient. Wouldn't have played a half fit Kelly at all.
Charlie's appeared again after we've lost. The fucking clown

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Check my post history, I was here after the Oxford and Barnsley games, big man.

David O'Day

I'd have made an actual attacking change before the 70th minute considering we were two goals down, get Hiwula on and running at them, try and go more direct instead of being patient. Wouldn't have played a half fit Kelly at all.

Check my post history, I was here after the Oxford and Barnsley games, big man.
yeah yeah, you fucking dipshit that went right over your head

You Villa or Leicester mate?

Warwickhunt

Very poor today .
Made it too easy for Bristol all game to be honest .
We are a different side away from home , far too negative couldn’t tell if Doyle wanted to hold or be a centre half today .
Slow on the ball , poor movement and deservedly lost .
Sterling is diabolical
Dont think Sterling has got the stomach to fight in a game after the 3rd goal he did not want to know so unless he pulls off " i am injured " excuse i think Robins just took him out of th firing line as his confidence would be shot for the rest of the season

Paxman II

I didn't see anything in that Bristol side that should have troubled us. The first 10 minutes they were all at sea and wobbly. Then shocking mistakes from punted up balls we failed to deal with in wet conditions and we are 2 down. Suddenly Bristol are on the ball a bit and competing, confidence growing. Another ball falls the right side for them and they score. so now we have to say " bugger I'm not having this" yet we never seemed to get our shit together. Littered with mistakes on the ball, disjointed as though we were missing an outlet (Bayliss) and JCH showing how very lazy and ineffective he can be. Time and again JCH and Chaplin were miles from each other! Chaplin worked so hard but he needs someone who can support him. Giving the ball away and a lack of decision making simply gifted the game to poor opposition. If we have any aspirations we must sort out players work rate and application for 90 minutes.

Sky Blue Harry H

We were inconsistent last year, despite promotion, but it was really enjoyable. Why should we turn into a consistent team in a league higher all of a sudden. Brainless expectation from some on here. Get real. Oh, and if course I want us to win every week.

Grendel

I didn't see anything in that Bristol side that should have troubled us. The first 10 minutes they were all at sea and wobbly. Then shocking mistakes from punted up balls we failed to deal with in wet conditions and we are 2 down. Suddenly Bristol are on the ball a bit and competing, confidence growing. Another ball falls the right side for them and they score. so now we have to say " bugger I'm not having this" yet we never seemed to get our shit together. Littered with mistakes on the ball, disjointed as though we were missing an outlet (Bayliss) and JCH showing how very lazy and ineffective he can be. Time and again JCH and Chaplin were miles from each other! Chaplin worked so hard but he needs someone who can support him. Giving the ball away and a lack of decision making simply gifted the game to poor opposition. If we have any aspirations we must sort out players work rate and application for 90 minutes.

Our strikers have scored one goal in open play between them this season - you keep saying poor opposition - we are relatively poor and at best will be middle to bottom half

Users who are viewing this thread