Bristol City Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Funny how not mention of the fact that he wants more shots from midfielders yet none had a shot on target tonight !!

CaptainMorgan

Pressley Quote: "We're not that far away from being a very good side"! Out of all cup competitions and 18th in the table. The ramblings of mad (deluded) man.

ccfc92

We've got a side of similar quality to Thorn's side. Pressley partly forced and partly of his own volition has got rid of the solid(ish) base we had with Robins. We're desperately short in midfield yet we've got numerous strikers.

Only real way to prove this, is get a new manager in. If he gets them playing and we get up the table, then its surely the manager. Same with Thorn's side...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I wouldn't suggest we sign either Nadine or nouble on their performance based on tonight. Reda played well. Was surprised on o'brien sub. But against strongest side in the cup I think more positives then negatives. After all I think we should probably put more concentration on staying up in the league

Reda played well? You think? Thought he was poor personally and he's definitely not a LB

stupot07

Still only 9 points off play offs, do-able but its us.......

Lol. 74 points usual benchmark for 6th. 53 points from 27 games ain't happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc92

Lol. 74 points usual benchmark for 6th. 53 points from 27 games ain't happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Just saying 4 wins and we are up there :)

Don't believe we can do it btw :)

LJC_CCFC

The sad thing is that they won't sack him till mid February and by that stage we could actually be in trouble

ccfc92

Yeah, if every single team above us takes 0 points from their next four games.

FFS, here we go. All I'm saying is, we are 9 points off the play offs.

Easily achievable if we went on a good run.

Can we do it? NO IMO.

Just pointing out its a possibility.

LJC_CCFC

Can we do it? NO IMO.

Look it's just NOT going to happen OK.

The likes of Notts County, Oldham, Rochdale, Swindon, Bradford, Fleetwood and Chesterfield have all spent millions on their squads and for us to achieve anything is impossible.

IMPOSSIBLE

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

Chez78

So to sum up, we still can't score, Pressley still can't see how shite Webster is, to score against us all you really have to do is put a cross into the box and Pressley is still convinced we are very close to being a very good team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure all the above was true of last season before he set about building his squad with no transfer embargo, are we sure we want this clown rebuilding another squad get rid before he takes us down.

Mr T - Sukka!

If you think its bad now wait until Port Vale. Ive got a very bad feeling we will go into 2015 bottom of the table.

I dont think we have reached rock bottom yet.

quinn1971

Can we do it? NO IMO.

thats the problem though, wer'e always looking up the table and working out how many points off the play offs we are, we never get close, like your optimism though but like last time we got relegated, you know it's coming, wer'e awful, and unless he brings some decent players in January in, I fear the worst...again

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The sad thing is that they won't sack him till mid February and by that stage we could actually be in trouble

Who would be the one to sack him? With Tim out the way I'm assuming it'll be Waggott, but he's far too pally with Waggott who wouldn't want to do it, surely? Is he really in it for the long haul, regardless of his own performance?

ccfc92

thats the problem though, wer'e always looking up the table and working out how many points off the play offs we are, we never get close, like your optimism though but like last time we got relegated, you know it's coming, wer'e awful, and unless he brings some decent players in January in, I fear the worst...again

no optimism I assure you :)

it doesn't matter who we sign or who's our manager IMO. To quote yourself, "we never get close" :(

Chez78

The likes of Notts County, Oldham, Rochdale, Swindon, Bradford, Fleetwood and Chesterfield have all spent millions on their squads and for us to achieve anything is impossible.

IMPOSSIBLE

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

It really is embarrassing when you look at the squads they have built on free transfers, Elokobi from wolves on a free!!! Don't worry though we got Danny Pugh.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Formation didn't work that well, we lost! He needs to go before it is too late,

This comment alone was most concerning. Everyone looked lost. McQuoid is never a winger but was stuck out on the left until Haynes came on, then went in just behind Madine, but at one point he was trying to pass the ball out from the position the left back should have been in.

Didn't work with JOB and Swanson. Madine needed someone alongside him. One up top is never going to work.

Then Nouble came on and went out on the right. Wtf was that about? We needed a goal threat, not someone to hold the ball on the wing (as his crossing was woeful, but probably went unnoticed because no one was in the box to attach it BECAUSE THATS WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Really beginning to lose patience with Pressley but I want him to do well....

bringbackrattles

This comment alone was most concerning. Everyone looked lost. McQuoid is never a winger but was stuck out on the left until Haynes came on, then went in just behind Madine, but at one point he was trying to pass the ball out from the position the left back should have been in.

Didn't work with JOB and Swanson. Madine needed someone alongside him. One up top is never going to work.

Then Nouble came on and went out on the right. Wtf was that about? We needed a goal threat, not someone to hold the ball on the wing (as his crossing was woeful, but probably went unnoticed because no one was in the box to attach it BECAUSE THATS WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Really beginning to lose patience with Pressley but I want him to do well....
Not sure it's because we are struggling but really had enough listening to Pressley especially after games.He is coming across as deluded and stupid and reminds me of the captain of the Titanic who as the ship is sinking he tells everybody to calm down nothing will happen !

quinn1971

no optimism I assure you :)

it doesn't matter who we sign or who's our manager IMO. To quote yourself, "we never get close" :(

Cant believe our record can you, nowhere near a top six in 14 years ( won't count the prem ) doesn't look like changing though does it, look on the bright side our after Xmas slump won't seem as bad this season,

The Reverend Skyblue

The Scottish twat has kept this fantastic run going, a trophy less winning streak going back 26 years.

But have no doubt he is here to change this mentality, so even though our season is now over in the first week of December the special Scottish one has this under control ,and our world famous footballing philosophy and DNA is spreading across the globe, we should win something within the next century if his plan stays on course.

thank fuck we have the special one, he talks like the greatest manager to ever walk the earth, pity his record is full only of failure after failure.

we could well be in the presence of the worst Cov manager in our history, and by god we should be thankful we are here to share his appalling record

Last edited:

ccfc92

Cant believe our record can you, nowhere near a top six in 14 years ( won't count the prem ) doesn't look like changing though does it, look on the bright side our after Xmas slump won't seem as bad this season,

Can only get better :facepalm: :sarcasm:

ccfc92

Just a quick question to everyone....

Did anyone expect us to win/qualify tonight?

I thought we might sneak it, but didn't have much hope....

stupot07

Can we do it? NO IMO.

To be fair though, we never really managed to bridge that kind of gap under the excellent run under robins, nor last season on the great run before Christmas. You go on a decent run you tend to pull away from those at the bottom or lower midtable but struggle to make significant ground on those who are regularly picking up points in the top 6. We're too far behind, would take automatic promotion form from here on in. Wasn't having a go.

Ashdown

Yup, Can't ever remember City being out of every competition they have entered by the end of December 10th in any year !? How do you save a season like this ?

stupot07

IMPOSSIBLE

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

It's ok, a change to 442 will solve all of our problems....

ccfcway

Yup, Can't ever remember City being out of every competition they have entered by the end of December 10th in any year !? How do you save a season like this ?

you dont

sadly, one thing seems to be for sure....This season is better than next season will be !

LJC_CCFC

It's ok, a change to 442 will solve all of our problems....

Are we doing marginally better by playing 4-4-2 instead of 5-3-2? Yes.

5 league games since switching to 4-4-2: 8 points gained out of a possible 15

Last 5 league games playing 5-3-2: 1 out of a possible 15

skybluepm2

Even if he did bring in half decent players (which I doubt) he would still piss about with the formation every week, have no tactical know how and fall out with half of them after 6 weeks only to make the latest instalment of #bombsquad. He will then big up their replacements by teaching 6 of the under 14's to play in the 'Coventry way'. If I had the choice of a day out at Wembley and winning this poxy cup and Pressley to stay in charge for another 2 years or lose tonight and Pressley goes, it'd be the loss every single time.

I cringe when I see comments such as 'who is going to do a better job' or 'his hands are tied' 'he's doing the best he can'...well let me tell you, there are a shit load of managers out there who would do ten times better than this useless prick, only who would be responsible for picking him?! Fucking Fishface and Faggot. These 2 clowns 'awarded' him a 4 year Contract for achieving absolutely jack shit. We are totally and utterly bollocksed from top to bottom and that is not likely to change any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread