Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (3 Viewers)

Nuskyblue

When has Sakamoto played centrally hardly ever, imo he’s a winger right or left so it is going to depend on how the manager sets up. As well as Sakamoto, Milan or Dasilva he could have COH, Sheaf and Palmer fit, will be interesting.
I'd love to see an O'Hare/Sakamoto pairing as the front portion of the box. Saka would be great operating on the inside right I think, he has great touch and technique and I think vision.

I'd like to see him involved more in our games, I think he, like O'Hare could be a catalyst for our attacks. Pulling him in from the touchline would help.

Sky Blue Harry H

I see Ipswich have been allocated 3,414 tickets at Bristol City.

We have been given 3,000, but would have easily sold the extra 414, if allocated them - really don't understand why different allocations?

fernandopartridge

We have been given 3,000, but would have easily sold the extra 414, if allocated them - really don't understand why different allocations?
West Brom had 3400 too apparently. It's a self contained stand so unlikely to be for segregation reasons

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

One of their players (Tommy Conway) has family links to Coventry. He made his debut against us in ‘21 when we won 3-1.

alexccfc99

Have we got a reputation for causing bother now or something?

slowpoke

Have we got a reputation for causing bother now or something?
Well we seem to have fewer tickets allocated at most away games than others. Must be a reason as we sell out all the time. Unfortunately when you get idiots run on the pitch and the game gets stopped and we had three or four last season it gives unwanted and a bit unnecessary attention.

BlueSkiesForever

I think with O’Hare and Sheaf slowly coming back we’ve got a proper decent squad for once, also the ability of many of our players to play in multiple positions gives us great flexibility with formations.

Apparently Lati again played as CDM for Jamaica over the international break so would be interesting to see if we try him there like we did at the end of the Norwich game, I think he’s just more solid defensively than Ayari or Allen, they both suit the forward position more.

I’m hoping for either of these:

Wilson
MVE, Thomas, McFadz, Binks, Sakamoto
Eccles, Lati
Allen
Simms + someone

or:

Wilson
MVE, Thomas, McFadz, Binks, Dasilva
Eccles, Lati
Allen, Ayari
Wright or Simms

I think if we play 2 strikers we need Sakamoto’s pace, trickery and quick crosses to get balls into the box. Dasilva is more solid defensively than Saka but perhaps doesn’t always take the direct route going forward, only player that ever really takes players on is Saka tbh.

shmmeee

I mean, he's an international striker. He's just going through a lean spell.

Hes played 7 times, all second half of last year. He was first called up in May and hasn’t been since the WC.

There’s a fair argument that he’s only actually done anything for half a season last year.

shmmeee

Apparently we have a CM number 8 locked and loaded ready to go in the Jan window

Fair whack of cash aswell.

Who it is i dont know, but Robins Knows just how lacking we are there now. Be interesting to find out who it is

Can you find out UK or abroad?

chiefdave

Apparently we have a CM number 8 locked and loaded ready to go in the Jan window

Who it is i dont know, but Robins Knows just how lacking we are there now. Be interesting to find out who it is
Would make sense. Never really bought into the idea some people seem to have got into their heads that Robins had just decided we didn't need to strengthen there. Always seemed more likely that it was something along the lines of running out of time, preferred target falling through etc.

Good news that they've got something lined up rather than us having Robins on CWR on the last day of the transfer window saying he's still looking for someone.

fernandopartridge

It'd be quite surprising really as presumably the player is a regular for his current side

Skyblueweeman

I don't keep track of all the ITKs stuff so what's your hit rate like?!

Are you at the Better Days end of the scale or closer to GIMOCs end? I need to know whether to get excited or not :)

It seems quite early to lock in what would seemingly be quite a big transfer.

Saddlebrains

I don't keep track of all the ITKs stuff so what's your hit rate like?!

Are you at the Better Days end of the scale or closer to GIMOCs end? I need to know whether to get excited or not :)

It seems quite early to lock in what would seemingly be quite a big transfer.

By locked and loaded id like to clarify, we know who we want and they want to come, and the fee wont be an issue. Doesn't mean its 100% done apologies if anyone thinks that

And il leave it up to others to say what they think of my hit rate. Id personally say 8/10 times its dead on. However he occasionally throws me a shit one to make me look a tit. Billy Gilmour, Stefan Bajcetic etc

skybluecam

By locked and loaded id like to clarify, we know who we want and they want to come, and the fee wont be an issue. Doesn't mean its 100% done apologies if anyone thinks that

And il leave it up to others to say what they think of my hit rate. Id personally say 8/10 times its dead on. However he occasionally throws me a shit one to make me look a tit. Billy Gilmour, Stefan Bajcetic etc
Any idea on whether they’re currently playing in England or coming from abroad?

Briles

Going to be rathbone or styles ain't it

SkyBlueOz

I saw some article headline about a Leicester player for 15 million. Didn't bother reading it as i thought it sounded like rubbish. Maybe I should of.

skybluecam

I'd love to see an O'Hare/Sakamoto pairing as the front portion of the box. Saka would be great operating on the inside right I think, he has great touch and technique and I think vision.

I'd like to see him involved more in our games, I think he, like O'Hare could be a catalyst for our attacks. Pulling him in from the touchline would help.
Sakamoto has looked a bit lost in central areas. His best work has been when he’s got his back to the touchline.

Jamesimus

Why would you tease us like this? I'm blocking you until you give us a name.

Nuskyblue

Sakamoto has looked a bit lost in central areas. His best work has been when he’s got his back to the touchline.
Fair point, I think O'Hare would help in that regard. Him looking lost has been partly been due to lack of options I think... and don't get me wrong I think he's best starting from a wider position but I'd like to see him coming from out to in and link up with whoever.

Users who are viewing this thread