Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

If we are to become serious challengers these are the games we need to win, chances are we will have most if not all our squad fit and available too.

Saddlebrains

If we are to become serious challengers these are the games we need to win, chances are we will have most if not all our squad fit and available too.

Yep same for me

A fully fit squad that we have now is easily good enough to win or draw the majority of the games we have up until Jan now

That's when its crucial for me, that we add in the Gus replacement, and another 1 or 2 loans of quality young prem players and properly push for top 6 again

blunted

Bit like us Bristol, you never know which team will show up. Don't want a repeat of Cardiff and need to keep it tight at the back. Was tempted to say early doors (what is wrong with me?). They seem to think they will win easily, although their record recently has not been great. Need to get our strikers firing. Would settle for a draw but hope for a win.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm both excited at the prospect of having all these players back, yet also terrified that some of them will get a recurrence

pusbccfc

Where is everyone boozing?

Offhegoes

Think the absence/return of O’Hare has been underplayed. For me, always our best player. Having him back to full working order (Mid December say) and linking with Dasilva, Sakamoto, Simms, Ayari and Palmer will be a huge moment in our season

Mcbean

Think the absence/return of O’Hare has been underplayed. For me, always our best player. Having him back to full working order (Mid December say) and linking with Dasilva, Sakamoto, Simms, Ayari and Palmer will be a huge moment in our season
It will be huge but we will need to give him time to adjust to the pace - fingers crossed for him he could be a star for the future

Jamesimus

They seem to think they will win easily
Did not get this at all from their forum, quite the opposite. Look as though they have quite a few players out and have been playing with only one recognised CB.

Difficult one to call. We've hardly set the world alight so far this season, but we do look like we're growing into it. Maybe some exciting subs late on in the game can swing it?

Sick Boy

Reckon he leaves in the summer. Almost having your big move then seeing the other two get theirs I bet he’s desperate to go if a Prem team/parachute club. will have him.
I'd like to think he'd sign after his injury but it's more wishful thinking at this stage. If he comes back the same player, I wouldn't blame him for moving on.

shmmeee

I'd like to think he'd sign after his injury but it's more wishful thinking at this stage. If he comes back the same player, I wouldn't blame him for moving on.

If we’re lucky we guilt him into a new deal with an agreement we won’t stand in his way. The way we handled Gus and Vik should give him some confidence we’re good to our word and he has just picked up half his contract for doing nothing.

edgy

Doubt o’hare will go onto bench without few u23 appearances first

We havent got any u23s until November though I believe.

Reading the ITK intel, it appears that only 1 of the 4 have traveled with the squad. Cal is the only one (i think) that has been training with the squad for the last couple of weeks. Haven't seen an images of Sheaf, Kelly or Palmer training.

I'm going for CO'H on the bench.

fernandopartridge

Reading the ITK intel, it appears that only 1 of the 4 have traveled with the squad. Cal is the only one (i think) that has been training with the squad for the last couple of weeks. Haven't seen an images of Sheaf, Kelly or Palmer training.

I did see a video or picture of Sheaf on the grass training

edgy

I did see a video or picture of Sheaf on the grass training

I did have a look at any recent images to see if I could spot him. No joy, but not saying he hasn't.

I know their injuries are totally different, but COH has been training with the squad for about a month now.

fernandopartridge

I did have a look at any recent images to see if I could spot him. No joy, but not saying he hasn't.

I know their injuries are totally different, but COH has been training with the squad for about a month now.

On the instagram post about JDS i'm sure it's him in the queue to do the shuttle runs

slowpoke

COH has been playing full contact games for a while now, he’s a naturally fit player who I reckon could come straight into the team, doubt he will though.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Simms and a 1-0 win for the sky blue gods

SkyBlueSam01

Fwiw its still very early for Cal to be returning. Even if he is moving fine with no symptoms the graft is still bedding in at this stage.

Briles

Fwiw its still very early for Cal to be returning. Even if he is moving fine with no symptoms the graft is still bedding in at this stage.

Agreed. Half of is game is getting kicked. I said after Xmas

Offhegoes

Reading Robin's pre match interview I don't think any of the 4 will be involved tomorrow. Bit gutted, as I worry about a midfield 3 of Eccles, Allen & Ayari

honestken

U21s play Sheffield Wedneday on Tuesday next weeek.

O'hare maybe to play in that then be on the bench for West Brom maybe?

napolimp

The U21's are at home next Tuesday, and Robin's said he'll be looking to use those games.

Edit - just saw above.

napolimp

If we’re lucky we guilt him into a new deal with an agreement we won’t stand in his way. The way we handled Gus and Vik should give him some confidence we’re good to our word and he has just picked up half his contract for doing nothing.

Bit harsh considering he will have spent all that time working hard to get back to fitness. Not like he's been sat on a beach somewhere, or in front of the tele.

Users who are viewing this thread