Bright (5 Viewers)

Greggs

I could be naive but Better Days has called so much right I barely question it any more. All the people saying “I can’t see this happening” must be on a different page. Seems a matter of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, like the time he said that Robins and the team thought Giles was shite. We signed him again 2 weeks later........;)

D

Deleted member 2477

Cant believe some on here are writting Godden off because he missed last season through injury and yet are creamimg themselves over us potentially signing a maverick with a bad rep who we have seen play for one season in league 1. Id rather keep Godden any day than sign a big time Charlie who hasnt even proven himself at league 1 let alone the championship

Sick Boy

Cant believe some on here are writting Godden off because he missed last season through injury and yet are creamimg themselves over us potentially signing a maverick with a bad rep who we have seen play for one season in league 2. Id rather keep Godden any day than sign a big time Charlie who hasnt even proven himself at league 1 let alone the championship
He played for us in League 1.

Garryb80

Cant believe some on here are writting Godden off because he missed last season through injury and yet are creamimg themselves over us potentially signing a maverick with a bad rep who we have seen play for one season in league 1. Id rather keep Godden any day than sign a big time Charlie who hasnt even proven himself at league 1 let alone the championship
He played 40 games in the championship for wolves which is more than godden has played.....

D

Deleted member 2477

He played 40 games in the championship for wolves which is more than godden has played.....
And was released Having scored one goal. Every where he has gone he has caused problems and yet our top scorer gets injured for one season and people think hes crap

Reactions: vow

Garryb80

And was released Having scored one goal. Every where he has gone he has caused problems and yet our top scorer gets injured for one season and people think hes crap
He has more championship experience yer you said he hasn't proved himself. Neither has godden. I'm not advocating ditching godden btw but if you compare their actual playing experience at this level then bright has more.

pipkin73

And was released Having scored one goal. Everywhere he has gone he has caused problems and yet our top scorer gets injured for one season and people think hes crap
I don't think anyone thinks GODden is crap, we are worried about his injury. Could be a 6-8 months thing or lifelong, so we don't know if we will get a fit Godden back.
A fit Godden is worth points to us, but we don't know if we will get a fit one back. Maybe that is why Robins seems to have signed 1 more striker than we need (with a fit Godden). Robbins has done the correct thing, if not sure in such an important position get another striker in to be sure.

Sick Boy

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Godden let go, especially now that he’s essentially going to be back up.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Agree with all of that apart from not proven at League 1 level and also he played 40 odd games for Wolves in the championship soooo

slowpoke

If one of Walker or Godden was to go I think it would be the latter which would be a big call as he is a provern chance taker. I’m certain there would be interest from top division one clubs.

Deity

Godden is the best finisher at the club, but in the championship his lack of pace and physicality will be a real challenge for him, and as a consequence, for us.

skyblu3sk

It takes a good number of players to get through a season. Last year we used 4 or more strikers. Why would we get rid of an asset we know we are likely to need, who's a known quantity, and wouldn't be able to replace for less money?

slowpoke

It takes a good number of players to get through a season. Last year we used 4 or more strikers. Why would we get rid of an asset we know we are likely to need, who's a known quantity, and wouldn't be able to replace for less money?
By using the loan market, hence this link with the Arsenal lad, but don’t get me wrong I will be more than happy for both Godden and Walker to stay but if we do sign the Arsenal kid even just on loan I can’t see us retaining all our present strike force .

skyblu3sk

By using the loan market, hence this link with the Arsenal lad, but don’t get me wrong I will be more than happy for both Godden and Walker to stay but if we do sign the Arsenal kid even just on loan I can’t see us retaining all our present strike force .
My understanding is loan markets still cost us cash and we can be priced out... and what's to guarantee a kid is going to drop in to the side and be as productive. I'm pretty happy with our strike force. If they can stay fit they should push each other to be better this year unlike last where you could tell who was the A team and who were backup or supposed to be at least.

procdoc

I’ve not seen anyone saying Godden is crap and I’ve not seen anyone creaming themselves about Bright. Massive overreaction

Blind-Faith

I can’t quite keep up with who is generally ITK and who is on the wind up, but better days is 100% the go to guy for info.

And on Godden , the fact now we have 3 other first choice strikers means we can surely rest him now and make sure his injury is fully healed, don’t rush him back and hopefully he won’t break down again 👍

better days

I think Bright is heading to Spain with the squad
Others have said that there may be bits of his medical that are yet to be finalised so that may explain why it's not yet been announced

Somerset Sky Blue

Regarding Godden - think he is injured for a while, so would be surprised to see many clubs buying him at the moment (for the same reasons we are concerned about him), especially if his return is sometime in the autumn. Jan window - hopefully he will be back on form and scoring for us, then it is less of an issue.

Sky Blue Harry H

Others have said that there may be bits of his medical that are yet to be finalised so that may explain why it's not yet been announced

Case closed - Bright's after a free flight to Spain before disappearing and announcing that he's signing for Real Tenerife.

stevefloyd

Godden is a great finisher but is hampered by very slow pace, he is constantly offside due to being caught out by more astute, and faster, championship defenders! Sentimentality goes out the window in football and if we get an opportunity to up the quality of our attack then surely we have to take it, knowing Godden has this foot injury with how long is a piece of string diagnosis as to when he will even overcome it , maybe its time to look elsewhere for a quicker more mobile striker, harsh on Godden but it is what it is if the club want to progress.
As to Bright, he on his day can get you on the edge of your seat and Robins managed to get something out of him last time around so we have got rid of our bad apple in Kasta so we need another one for Robins to earn his crust !

slowpoke

If he goes on this Spanish trip perhaps that is part of his trial.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Godden is a great finisher but is hampered by very slow pace, he is constantly offside due to being caught out by more astute, and faster, championship defenders! Sentimentality goes out the window in football and if we get an opportunity to up the quality of our attack then surely we have to take it, knowing Godden has this foot injury with how long is a piece of string diagnosis as to when he will even overcome it , maybe its time to look elsewhere for a quicker more mobile striker, harsh on Godden but it is what it is if the club want to progress.
As to Bright, he on his day can get you on the edge of your seat and Robins managed to get something out of him last time around so we have got rid of our bad apple in Kasta so we need another one for Robins to earn his crust !
Was Kastaneer a “bad” apple as I saw it he was a transfer that didn’t come off, wasn’t the first and won’t be the last.

Grendel

I think better days alluded to that he was such a joke amongst the players that they liked having him around to mock him. A bit like a court jester.

Yeah he said even the U23s didn’t want him as he was just an idiot

fatso

Top ranting sir! tenor-3.gif

Users who are viewing this thread