Bright (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I would be up for signing him providing the contract is incredibly restrictive in our favour. Things like 'miss a training session lose a weeks wages', 'miss a team meeting lose a weeks wages'.

He'd be mad to sign it as he'd end up being paid nothing but if he carries on as he is doing then he's eventually going to find that no club will offer him anything else.

Ring Of Steel

Perhaps the only bad influence is himself?

At what point do you start to take responsibility for yourself, he's not 15 is he.

In most cases if someone is gifted to be born with an inherent skill that could make them a multimillionaire by the time they were 25, with the ability to retire with no worries if they so desired, they would probably not let anyone else convince them that 'skiving school' and acting like a child was a good idea.

This guy is seemingly wired differently, and it comes across like a total lack of maturity to me, and I'd venture to suggest that when you're facing the strong likelihood of a long, hard slog of a season then you'd want maturity & reliability in spades alongside you 'in the trenches', people who are gonna face up to whats ahead and not flinch, as opposed to someone who's likely to fuck off for a few days at the first sign of things getting tough.

I have no ill will against him and wish him all the best etc etc, but surely we wouldn't consider bringing someone with his track record in, for a start it would be a big hit to MR's credibility after getting treated like a fool the last time.

no_loyalty

Robins could tame a lion so Bright would be a pussy cat in comparison, if we are going to sign him then maybe a 1yr contract with the option to extend in our favour.

Frostie

And he’s still miles ahead of Allen & Shipley put together mate if robins can get what he got from him before he’s worth the chance on his day he was on another level

Miles ahead in terms of technical ability maybe but in terms of what he'd offer the club absolutely miles behind.
Signing him would do more harm than good.

What a waste of talent.

skyblue025

No doubt some foreign club will take a punt not knowing his full history. His highlight video will be amazing. A decent agent will get him a club no problem.

1ccfc

If he's got nothing else on the table and we are slightly interested why not just let him train with the squad for now? See what he's about and get him up to speed. By then it will probably be around Christmas when injuries play a part and the fixtures come thick and fast. If it suits both parties short term contract until the end of the season with the option in our favor.

better days

No doubt some foreign club will take a punt not knowing his full history. His highlight video will be amazing. A decent agent will get him a club no problem.
It's the pound shop version of Ravel Morrison
He's been in South America and Scandinavia as well as all over the UK
Each time he says it's a fresh start, things will be different, he's learnt his lesson and so on
But it always ends the same way

skyblue025

It's the pound shop version of Ravel Morrison
He's been in South America and Scandinavia as well as all over the UK
Each time he says it's a fresh start, things will be different, he's learnt his lesson and so on
But it always ends the same way

Yes he doesn't care just sees it as easy money. Was on 40k a week at Lazio. Hope he's invested his money or he's going to be bankrupt soon as he's getting on a bit now and the contracts get shorter and the pay less.

Old Warwickshire lad

We keep hearing about the team spirit at CCFC. Players, officials everybody connected to the club constantly mention the togetherness of the players.
Why possibility put all that in jeopardy for a maverick, unproven at this level and who seems to have caused problems everywhere he has been.

Alkhen

Ravel has ADHD though doesn't he? cant help himself, I think Man U had problems getting a doping exemption for the his meds.

Bit of a leap but suppose it could be a similar situation with Bright. not everyone is wired the same. Still feel we have reached a level where we cant really afford to take on the risk unfortunately.

Reminds me of friend of mine has ADHD. Struggled hard at school, drifted badly as a teen young adult despite being amazing at mechanics and being super fit he just could not fit in with a 'normal' 9-5 working life. thankfully someone saw through his flaws and now he works in a garage but is technically self employed so its up to him to earn what he needs.

cc84cov

Ravel has ADHD though doesn't he? cant help himself, I think Man U had problems getting a doping exemption for the his meds.

Bit of a leap but suppose it could be a similar situation with Bright. not everyone is wired the same. Still feel we have reached a level where we cant really afford to take on the risk unfortunately.

Reminds me of friend of mine has ADHD. Struggled hard at school, drifted badly as a teen young adult despite being amazing at mechanics and being super fit he just could not fit in with a 'normal' 9-5 working life. thankfully someone saw through his flaws and now he works in a garage but is technically self employed so its up to him to earn what he needs.
Jesus Christ,ADHD wtf are you talking about 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Users who are viewing this thread