Bright (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Stay 100% clear from Bright.

Enjoyed his stay when he was here. There’s a reason he didn’t feature for Wigan at all and he was released from his contract after 3 months.

From the reports we’ve had, he’s completely unprofessional and that could spread around the squad and disrupt the team spirit we have. We could’ve tolerated the antics when he was a loanee from Wolves, but we cannot tolerate it if he was our own player.

Whatever he brings to the table, he just isn’t worth the hassle.

PVA

It's a shame because he's clearly immensely talented and would be great in this formation behind the striker but clearly not worth all the hassle and baggage that comes with him.

cc84cov

It's a shame because he's clearly immensely talented and would be great in this formation behind the striker but clearly not worth all the hassle and baggage that comes with him.
Didn’t see much of it when he was he tbh it’s for other managers & teams he played up wouldn’t be shocked if his agent wasn’t on the phone to ya already I would defo take him he’s on another level to Allen/Shipley for that AM position

Godden
Bright O’Hare

✅

SlowerThanPlatt

Didn’t see much of it when he was he tbh it’s for other managers & teams he played up wouldn’t be shocked if his agent wasn’t on the phone to ya already I would defo take him he’s on another level to Allen/Shipley for that AM position

Godden
Bright O’Hare

✅

He missed training sessions and didn’t attend team meetings and that’s just what the players could reveal...

jordan210

As talented has bight is he brings a whole other load of risks with him. im not sure we need them risks at the moment.

If I was looking at him as a manager you would put him on a pay and play deal with so many clauses he only has to sneeze out of line and you can get rid.

SkyBlue_Adam

No chance- how can anybody seriously consider a player whose 3 year contract has been ripped up after about 2 months.

Always an obsession with former players but made me laugh when we re-signed McCallum as some people weren't happy with it at all!

PVA

And continually told them his main motivation was money

But surely he must be able to work out that in order to earn more money he needs to stop dicking about and getting released. And that if he plays to his potential he can earn a hell of a lot of money. He can't be that thick surely.

SBAndy

I said when he went over to Greece it would be a good move for him as he would be getting away from any bad influences - clearly it’s just his issue

That or the bad influences went with him, he carries a rather mean entourage after all.

Magwitch

He’ll find another club China, USA football is more global than ever nowadays maybe he wanted out of his three year deal.

skyblueeyesrevisited

He’ll find another club China, USA football is more global than ever nowadays maybe he wanted out of his three year deal.
The talent is there but I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. The game is littered with players who wasted their talent. The short while we had him will probably be the pinnacle of his career. He will regret it when he matures but that will be along time from now.

Bright Is certainly a misnomer.

cc84cov

He missed training sessions and didn’t attend team meetings and that’s just what the players could reveal...
And he’s still miles ahead of Allen & Shipley put together mate if robins can get what he got from him before he’s worth the chance on his day he was on another level

SlowerThanPlatt

And he’s still miles ahead of Allen & Shipley put together mate if robins can get what he got from him before he’s worth the chance on his day he was on another level

There a few points to consider here. We don’t have enough of the ball this season and our game is built around pressing high, is he that type of player and does he work hard enough out of possession?

And we’re bound to lose a lot more games, if he acts in the same way off the pitch as he did it won’t take long for his teammates to turn on someone who isn’t giving 100% to the cause.

Ring Of Steel

So then what do we do if we sign him on a permanent deal and he starts playing up, as he has done everywhere? We just tolerate it & sit and wait for his contract to run down? Who would take him off our hands? Do you think a club in our current predicament is in a position to take a huge punt on a guy who has scored 8 goals in his career and has been booted out of every club he's ever been at? How do you explain to the others that 'here's a guy that won't show up for training or meetings but I'm putting him in anyway'?

I don't know what MR thinks & maybe he will go after him, but if he comes back then its a sign to me of desperation, and after 4 games I'd be pretty worried about the signal that sends out.

cc84cov

So then what do we do if we sign him on a permanent deal and he starts playing up, as he has done everywhere? We just tolerate it & sit and wait for his contract to run down? Who would take him off our hands? Do you think a club in our current predicament is in a position to take a huge punt on a guy who has scored 8 goals in his career and has been booted out of every club he's ever been at? How do you explain to the others that 'here's a guy that won't show up for training or meetings but I'm putting him in anyway'?

I don't know what MR thinks & maybe he will go after him, but if he comes back then its a sign to me of desperation, and after 4 games I'd be pretty worried about the signal that sends out.
6 month deal maybe ? Pay as you play ? With obligation if he hits the numbers in case we loSt him If he done well,I personally don’t see robins taking the chance with kasta here with all that’s gone on etc

Mucca Mad Boys

What is your main motivation to go work?

Most of us aren’t lucky enough to have our favourite hobby as a full time profession. Even still, not everyone is driven solely by money - it’s a shallow existence.

Footballers need to extract the most they can from a short career. We all agree on this as a fact of an athletes life in all professional sports. However, you want footballers in your team to have the drive to get better everyday. Take COH as an example, probably could’ve earned a move elsewhere for more money, yet chose to come play for us as a platform to develop.

I want players like COH in our squad.

Jamesimus

Quite honestly if I was being paid to keep fit / play competitive football and also happened to be earning in excess of a grand a week for doing so, it definitely wouldn't be money.

Also, 100% no. He did well in League One sometimes, are we forgetting the games when he was nearly completely anonymous? Couldn't get in another championship team, clearly has issues, why are fans entertaining this notion on the back of a few (granted very good) games for us?

Jamesimus

Most of us aren’t lucky enough to have our favourite hobby as a full time profession. Even still, not everyone is driven solely by money - it’s a shallow existence.

Footballers need to extract the most they can from a short career. We all agree on this as a fact of an athletes life in all professional sports. However, you want footballers in your team to have the drive to get better everyday. Take COH as an example, probably could’ve earned a move elsewhere for more money, yet chose to come play for us as a platform to develop.

I want players like COH in our squad.

Also, this; more Callum O Hares please. Players who are out doing 20km plus runs several times a week during off season and will get back on the pitch after smashing their head on a player twice the size. Has ability and the drive.

better days

Interesting question
Certainly not money in my case
It's important but we could all probably earn more by continually moving around in our younger days. Liking the organisation you are working for is essential for mental wellbeing
Footballers are well paid anyway
It's a team game so loyalty to team mates at the least is vital

Jamesimus

Interesting question
Certainly not money in my case
It's important but we could all probably earn more by continually moving around in our younger days. Liking the organisation you are working for is essential for mental wellbeing
Footballers are well paid anyway
It's a team game so loyalty to team mates at the least is vital

Don't leave us for another club again then plz.

chiefdave

Money. If you were asked in a job interview why you wanted to work somewhere would your answer be that you couldn't give a shit about the company and how it performs. That your aim is to do the minimum you can possibly get away with, for example not turning up to meetings, while collecting your pay?

rob9872

Money. If you were asked in a job interview why you wanted to work somewhere would your answer be that you couldn't give a shit about the company and how it performs. That your aim is to do the minimum you can possibly get away with, for example not turning up to meetings, while collecting your pay?
Whilst I wouldn't tell them that, it doesn't mean it's not not true :)

steve cooper

I think we dodged a bullet at the beginning of last season, when he kept hinting about coming back but had no intention of.
I wouldn't even want him as a loan now, luckily that's not possible as things stand.

Ring Of Steel

Money and thats it. Work takes me away from my family and fills my head with stuff I don't need or want to know, the only compensation is money. If you have a good working environment then thats great & nice etc, but its not going to give you anything you can leave to your kids who are heading into a proper shitshow of a world.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think we dodged a bullet at the beginning of last season, when he kept hinting about coming back but had no intention of.
I wouldn't even want him as a loan now, luckily that's not possible as things stand.
He appears to crave any attention whether that be positive or negative. It’s fine if you have the talent to back up a ‘big’ personality like Grealish or Maddison but he doesn’t and is easily disposable at any decent level

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread