Bright Enobakhare (8 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

While he's a Wolves player I'm sure they would rather Enobakhare play at Championship level to see how he copes at the next level up from us, just as Chelsea are looking to do with Sterling. He himself might want to come back here as he's guaranteed to play, and do so with the free role he had last season which he plainly enjoyed, but will unlikely get the opportunity to repeat in the Championship. Certainly can't see the Birmingham thing having any legs given they've signed Crowley to play in the same position. If he is allowed to come back to League 1 though, the nightmare scenario is Sunderland trying for him, which given how well he played against them last season would be a possibility.

At the moment I'm guessing there might be something of a stand off between the player, club and maybe also his agent as to what is best, & it could run right up to the transfer deadline or even beyond, if loans are still allowed after that. Anyhow until he turns up elsewhere there is still some hope, so although I think it unlikely he will come back I haven't entirely given up hope.

Skyblueweeman

Doesn't really give much more on the situation though.

So far, this signing and the relatively late-ish departure of Chaplin are the only on field concerns for me at the minute.

Reactions: vow

steve82

I wonder what MR cut off point is with this deal.

A name who’s likely been mentioned on this forum as a perfect alternative is one I’d personally be going all out in a attempt to get the Turkish Messi, Erhun Oztumer.

Found life difficult at Bolton which is hardly surprising given the route one nature Phil Parkinson continued with and is currently looking to get out his contract with Bolton. Was sold a vision on the football aspects and it didn’t materialise, would suit our passing style and knows where the net is at this level. Set piece ability around the box which could be valuable if we’ve two tricky winger/forwards in Jobello and Kastaneer.

Over 4 seasons in L1 featuring two at Peterborough and two at Walsall he’s clocked up a career average of a goal every 257 mins with 37 in 136 appearances.
In his last two seasons in L1 he’s identical stats, 15 goals in each season with 6 assists too.
A goal ratio of one every 240 min (17/18) and 196 (16/17) puts him easily in the 1 in 3 bracket.

Simply a magician with his left foot who could be sold on playing weekly in a side what suits his game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mark82

A name who’s likely been mentioned on this forum as a perfect alternative is one I’d personally be going all out in a attempt to get the Turkish Messi, Erhun Oztumer.

Found life difficult at Bolton which is hardly surprising given the route one nature Phil Parkinson continued with and is currently looking to get out his contract with Bolton. Was sold a vision on the football aspects and it didn’t materialise, would suit our passing style and knows where the net is at this level. Set piece ability around the box which could be valuable if we’ve two tricky winger/forwards in Jobello and Kastaneer.

Over 4 seasons in L1 featuring two at Peterborough and two at Walsall he’s clocked up a career average of a goal every 257 mins with 37 in 136 appearances.
In his last two seasons in L1 he’s identical stats, 15 goals in each season with 6 assists too.
A goal ratio of 240 (17/18) and 196 (16/17) outs him easily in the 1 in 3 bracket.

Simply a magician with his left foot who could be sold on playing weekly in a side what suits his game.

Would agree with that. Bright would be first choice, but if that can't happen Oztumer would be a good alternative.

Great_Expectations

A goal ratio of 240 (17/18) and 196 (16/17) outs him easily in the 1 in 3 bracket.

I’ve always been impressed whenever I’ve seen him play. He definitely likes to play football and can be a stand out at this level.

Still hoping for Bright though!

steve82

Would agree with that. Bright would be first choice, but if that can't happen Oztumer would be a good alternative.

I’ve always been impressed whenever I’ve seen him play. He definitely likes to play football and can be a stand out at this level.

Still hoping for Bright though!

Yes, Enobakhare would still be my first choice at this point as it gives us the flexibility to switch formations between 433 and 4231 and he’s the ability to develop a lot further.

Oztumer you’d place more as the 10 in a 4231 or off a bigger striker like Bakayoko in a 442/4411 as was tried and used at Walsall on occasions I believe.

Enobakhare is more versatile out the two, but Oztumer is good plan B likely at good value.

Great_Expectations

Yes, Enobakhare would still be my first choice at this point as it gives us the flexibility to switch formations between 433 and 4231 and he’s the ability to develop a lot further.

Oztumer you’d place more as the 10 in a 4231 or off a bigger striker like Bakayoko in a 442/4411 as was tried and used at Walsall on occasions I believe.

Enobakhare is more versatile out the two, but Oztumer is good plan B likely at good value.

I’m not convinced Bright can play in a midfield three and he’d be wasted as one of the wider strikers in a front three. He is an anomaly really, he isn’t disciplined enough to play anything other than 10.

steve82

I’m not convinced Bright can play in a midfield three and he’d be wasted as one of the wider strikers in a front three. He is an anomaly really, he isn’t disciplined enough to play anything other than 10.

Agree with that, the 10 is where he excels the most currently at this point of his development and discipline. But he’s still to me shaped and moulded and quite raw still in his play.
In a 433 I think you’d have to have him as one of the front three in a fluid system

Alkhen

Would you cry?

Nah but i would be fecked off after all the teasing he did early on in the window.

I don't really get the 'Dead to me' attitude some on here have to ex players, seems a bit alpha and 'too cool to care' to me.

I like to keep an eye on ex players, I dont always wish them well (Bellamy for example) but I've enjoyed watching Wilson flourish

Last edited:

Magwitch

There was talk last week Bright failed a medical at Brum anybody know if that was correct and if so any update why ?

cc84cov

Surly the the clubs rumoured to have been interested are us & brum with brum rumoured to have been false we must surely be in for a chance here

cooperskyblue

If we were to sign Bright and he was the only other incoming and no one else was to leave I would take that. (Although another striker would be ideal aswell)

Mr Panda

Are Wolves back in the country? I know Bright never went abroad with them but these ridiculous PL tours to Asia and the like must delay communication and decision making sometimes

mark82

Cheers..Well that’s good then. Was the apparent move to Brum bollox aswell ?

Who knows. It seemed to start from someone seeing someone who looked like him at their training ground (and the description didn't really match). Lots of "in the know" accounts then started to tweet about it, then the local rag picked it up. Hard to know what to believe though.

BCFC did confirm that no-one had failed a medical. They didn't go as far as distancing themselves from Bright. Getting a bit bored of the whole saga now!

Ccfcisparks

Are Wolves back in the country? I know Bright never went abroad with them but these ridiculous PL tours to Asia and the like must delay communication and decision making sometimes
Wolves are back in the country as they are at home to Crusaders in the europa league tonight. I am going to watch.

Alkhen

If we were to sign Bright and he was the only other incoming and no one else was to leave I would take that. (Although another striker would be ideal aswell)

Dream world would be Bright in on a permanent, not lose anyone else and then loan in a quick striker (Walker maybe) we have two lumps in Biamou and Baka as focalpoint strikers but the jury is out on playing Jordy or Krastaneer (Sp?) through the middle so would be nice to have another option who has pace

Users who are viewing this thread