Bright Enobakhare (2 Viewers)

kg82

For the people who can remember.

Did you ever think Jordan Henderson would turn out to be the player he has become? I didn't. Potential at 19 means nothing.

I loved him with us, thought he was class. However, I didn’t think he’d go on to captain England or Liverpool and win a Champions League!

Tommo1993

For the people who can remember.

Did you ever think Jordan Henderson would turn out to be the player he has become? I didn't. Potential at 19 means nothing.

There wasn’t many, if any, people who couldn’t see potential. I certainly didn’t think he’d pretty much step into Steven Gerrard’s boots - but do I think he’s a worthy replacement of Gerrard? I don’t think so.

Mucca Mad Boys

Hiwula was not more productive. Our system required the two inside forwards to track back frequently and assist defence and defensive midfield.

Thomas was excellent at that. Hiwula was not. That is the big difference. The work rate of Thomas was vastly superior and overall in the season he was far far more consistent. Often hiwula made no contribution in games and went into hiding

Hiwula scored 8 more goals than Thomas, whilst Thomas made 1 more assist than Hiwula. In terms of end product, Hiwula was clearly a lot more efficient than Thomas, there’s not even a debate to be had about that because the stats speak for themselves.

I’m a big fan of Thomas, he has a great attitude tracking back and breaking forward, getting into good positions to score and assist. However, the lad himself would admit he was nowhere near as efficient as he would’ve liked.

Had Thomas been 10-20% better in the final third, he would scored at least 10 goals. He should’ve comfortably scored at least 15-17+ goals last season. Clearly bags of potential.

He’s earned a move to the Championship and wish him well.

Grendel

Hiwula scored 8 more goals than Thomas, whilst Thomas made 1 more assist than Hiwula. In terms of end product, Hiwula was clearly a lot more efficient than Thomas, there’s not even a debate to be had about that because the stats speak for themselves.

I’m a big fan of Thomas, he has a great attitude tracking back and breaking forward, getting into good positions to score and assist. However, the lad himself would admit he was nowhere near as efficient as he would’ve liked.

Had Thomas been 10-20% better in the final third, he would scored at least 10 goals. He should’ve comfortably scored at least 15-17+ goals last season. Clearly bags of potential.

Clueless

luwalla

Can’t argue with any of that

Greggs

He scored 5 goals.....10-20% better isn't barely a goal more. Where is the 15-17 goals coming from? His finishing needs to improve a shit load!

Tommo1993

For a player who can get into the promising positions that he does, yeah he should be scoring far more. That lets him down, and it let our results down enough times last season.

Last edited:

skybluegod

The average game ratings per match can

That's subjective opinions of fans who everyone knows are completely fickle and biased?

The stats do speak for themselves. Clearly Thomas is a talented player. But he should have scored a hell of a lot more goals last season.

skyblueelephant76

Oztumer has handed in his notice to leave Bolton.

Didn't have a great season in the championship but a proven threat as a no. 10 in league one.

Could be a good alternative to Bright, especially on a free.

Brylowes

There wasn’t many, if any, people who couldn’t see potential. I certainly didn’t think he’d pretty much step into Steven Gerrard’s boots - but do I think he’s a worthy replacement of Gerrard? I don’t think so.
Gerrard was a world class midfielder for many years, he made up for teammates Inefficiencies
‘and though by their standards Liverpool’s era with Gerrard in the team may not be considered
A resounding success ‘I’m sure they were improved as a result of Gerrard being there.
Fortunately for both Liverpool and Henderson ‘Klopp has built a team and squad brimming with
Class and confidence ‘and no longer reliant on any one individuals brilliance ‘as proven by the
2nd leg of the semi-final v Barcelona.

Evo1883

Hiwula league 39 games 12 goals
Thomas league 43 games 4 goals

Hiwula contributed more full stop, they played pretty much the same position for Alot of the season

Reactions: vow

fatso

Hiwula league 39 games 12 goals
Thomas league 43 games 4 goals

Hiwula contributed more full stop, they played pretty much the same position for Alot of the season
With Chaplin gone and Ponticelli on loan he’s going to have to step up this year and hopefully MR will play him centrally and get the ball into his feet more.
At least he won’t be chasing Burge’s aimless punts.

Evo1883

With Chaplin gone and Ponticelli on loan he’s going to have to step up this year and hopefully MR will play him centrally and get the ball into his feet more.

I would hope Robins starts him more through the middle.
Could see him bagging 20 in a full season uptop

This all dependant on who comes in

Grendel

Which number is higher, 13 or 5?

So a player scores in a handful of games - is woeful in 50% of games but that’s it a binary stat. Let’s also ignore any other role the player is involved in and duties required.

stupot07

Hiwulas showed some good finishing at times in the box, however was often a passenger in games offering very little in the teams general attacking play. And whilst finishing top scorer he was also part or the problem we ended up one of the lower scoring teams in the top half of the table and why our home record was so poor.

Whilst thomas output in terms of goals was nowhere near good enough, he contributed in every game and was one of our only players who could drag the team 50 yards up the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fellatio_Martinez

set-bright-neon-signs_23-2147571785.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

So a player scores in a handful of games - is woeful in 50% of games but that’s it a binary stat. Let’s also ignore any other role the player is involved in and duties required.

You’ve been banging on about how this team needs goals, yet you’re contradicting yourself in this discussion. If Hiwula was that bad and still more than doubled Thomas goal tally, that reflects worse than Thomas than Hiwula by your own logic.

If Hiwula was woeful in 50% of games, if he adds consistency to his game, clearly he’s a player who can add goals to his game, and is player who’s scored 8-9 goals in three season before he’s joined us. As you mentioned, he’s only 24 in September!

Thomas is better than Hiwula and will get further than him. But, he was nowhere nearly as efficient as Hiwula last season. Thomas should have score about 15-20 goals and ended up with 5, that is telling.

In less games, Hiwula nearly scored 3x times more goals.

That’s the end of debate now.

Grendel

Hiwulas showed some good finishing at times in the box, however was often a passenger in games offering very little in the teams general attacking play. And whilst finishing top scorer he was also part or the problem we ended up one of the lower scoring teams in the top half of the table and why our home record was so poor.

Whilst thomas output in terms of goals was nowhere near good enough, he contributed in every game and was one of our only players who could drag the team 50 yards up the pitch.

At last a voice of reason

Skyblue_CP

I also thinnk Hiwula was more effective than Thomas and i don't think he was part of the low scoring problem at the club, he obviously didnt lay on assist after assist, but i would say that a winger/inside forward getting 12 goals and a handful of assists in a season is reasonably impressive, not alot of 9's and 10's score that many. Thomas has alot more ability on the ball carrying side of the game. But every other aspect of him last season in the final third was tragic.

luwalla

Thomas looked like a world beater at one point & thought he could help take us up... as the season went on though we realised why he had be loaned out. Lots of endeavour and skill full on the ball, but his final ball and shots on goal were where he failed more often than not. Will he be another Maddison / Jordan Henderson ? And make it to that level... I don’t think so , more likely a Jacob Murphy or richard keogh ... solid championship but not able to quite take it to that final prem level
Nothing against him or to argue that hiwula etc will do any better/ are any better , just an opinion

Sky Blue Pete

Thomas looked like a world beater at one point & thought he could help take us up... as the season went on though we realised why he had be loaned out. Lots of endeavour and skill full on the ball, but his final ball and shots on goal were where he failed more often than not. Will he be another Maddison / Jordan Henderson ? And make it to that level... I don’t think so , more likely a Jacob Murphy or richard keogh ... solid championship but not able to quite take it to that final prem level
Nothing against him or to argue that hiwula etc will do any better/ are any better , just an opinion
I think Thomas will be a top top player

Old Warwickshire lad

Only the crowd were chasing Burge’s punts. ;-)) Sorry couldn’t resist it.

Users who are viewing this thread