Bright Enobakahre (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

There were no rumours of him being disruptive when he was here last year. His performances were good. Robins seemed to manage him fine and according to Boddy, they made a 600k bid for him in the summer. Seems like he has gained a bad reputation based on his social media nonsense and rumours of his time at Wigan.
Comments from Better Days seem to suggest that the other players weren't overly keen.

mark82

I think he is signing.
I don't think he is signing.
He would be amazing for us and we would be promoted.
He won't fit into our system anyway.

Just covering all bases.

Confirmation Nick and hill83 are the same person.

GaryJones

He genuinely seems to have a soft spot for Cov though - if we could cobble something together and Wolves pay off his contract he could very well come here.
I think this is a brilliant transfer window so far TBH - we have kept hold of everyone until the end of the season and we have topped up our coffers too.

Alkhen

I think the problem was after we made the bid he led everyone up the garden path including the players
Eventually people get pissed off

Tin hat theory (I know is prolly sky blue tinted bollocks):

He actually genuinely wanted to come to Cov on loan in the summer.... but Wolves insisted he must go to a Champ team. He sulked his entire time at Wigan and got sent back

eastwoodsdustman

Tin hat theory (I know is prolly sky blue tinted bollocks):

He actually genuinely wanted to come to Cov on loan in the summer.... but Wolves insisted he must go to a Champ team. He sulked his entire time at Wigan and got sent back
That did cross my mind too. I'm not sure he'd fit in now and really don't want us trying to change formation at this point in the season just to accommodate him.

Kieranp96

Quality newspaper shithousery, I'm going with Robins words of categorically nobody coming in. Bright has hardly played all season and last season took a few games to get up to speed, don't think we can afford him that, and would he even fit into the system?
Considering we are playing a CDM in an attacking midfielder role yes he would.

SlowerThanPlatt

Shipley played left midfield in L2 and most of last season in L1 but been playing centre midfield this season

Do people actually not watch our games?

Kieranp96

Shipley is not a defensive midfielder. And is quite possibly the best finisher we have at the club.
Clearly never went up to the academy games before he broke into the team, he was and is still defence minded, no doubt he can finish though, would drop shippers instantly for bright.

Kieranp96

Shipley played left midfield in L2 and most of last season in L1 but been playing centre midfield this season

Do people actually not watch our games?
Not by choice you mean the same season we played bayliss on the right because we had nothing but injuries and no squad depth.

Kieranp96

He played as a number 10 or 8 for the 18s...
No he never , maddison/stevenson were both attacking midfielders for u18/u23 trust me he is a defensive midfielder that's why he has filled in beside Doyle when Kelly was injured and vice versa just because they have moved his position past few seasons don't change the fact he spent years in the academy being a defensive midfielder again he is decent this season but him or bright I know who I am having.

Kieranp96

Was it Alan Shearer that played in goal as a youth?

Doesn't matter what position kids played as a youth, Shipley isn't a CDM.
Just going to forget when he filled in for Kelly and Doyle? Like I said of it was shippers or bright in cam I know who I am having.

SkyBlueCRJ

He genuinely seems to have a soft spot for Cov though - if we could cobble something together and Wolves pay off his contract he could very well come here.
I think this is a brilliant transfer window so far TBH - we have kept hold of everyone until the end of the season and we have topped up our coffers too.

How have we topped up our coffers when in Robins' own words much of the income generated from the McCallum sale is being used to plug a black hole.

SlowerThanPlatt

No he never , maddison/stevenson were both attacking midfielders for u18/u23 trust me he is a defensive midfielder that's why he has filled in beside Doyle when Kelly was injured and vice versa just because they have moved his position past few seasons don't change the fact he spent years in the academy being a defensive midfielder again he is decent this season but him or bright I know who I am having.

Yes he did....

FA Youth Cup 15/16 when he was an academy player:

First round: #10
Second round: #7
Third round: #10
Fourth round: #10
Fifth round: #10

SlowerThanPlatt

FA Youth Cup with Maddison and Stevenson in the team...

First round: didn’t play
Second round: #11
Third round: #9
Fourth round: #8

hill83

Just your regular bum boys from what I can see.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread