Brexit Benefits (2 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

Despite the fact that this whole (Christmas will be cancelled ) thing is a massive reach , I actually said to my old man yesterday, that i couldn't believe there were some people out there who were saying things like "maybe Christmas will be for the family again" or "it's not about what you have its about family and you will enjoy it anyway "

As if people would be happy to go back to 1955 getting oranges and a bag of nuts in a stocking .

Not happening
You'll get 'but at least they are British nuts' or some shit.

shmmeee

Bunch of grinches. Love Christmas since the kids came along, from picking a tree to decorations to the night before. Doubly so since the divorce and now I get either Christmas Eve/morning or Christmas dinner with the kids but not both each year.

Reported by the BBC and not me , don't know how much is actually in it

Poland want krakout ?

Yeah it’s not happening:

95DD6CAB-C8DC-4FB2-8DF8-E9ECC4A3F8C6.jpeg

Nick

Administrator
Bet Tony is going to wake up on Christmas morning and lecture his kids that it's cancelled because of Brexit and to tell their remainer mates I hope they are happy.

Grendel

Bet Tony is going to wake up on Christmas morning and lecture his kids that it's cancelled because of Brexit and to tell their remainer mates I hope they are happy.

He will spend all day posting links from Twitter giants like David Schneider

Grendel

Bunch of grinches. Love Christmas since the kids came along, from picking a tree to decorations to the night before. Doubly so since the divorce and now I get either Christmas Eve/morning or Christmas dinner with the kids but not both each year.

Yeah it’s not happening:

View attachment 22159

Isn’t the story really that they face huge punitive sanctions over some political ruling by the government there?

RegTheDonk

I'd suggest we put Xmas back a fortnight. The Gov can get a load of temp visas allowing EU drivers back in, draft in the army, and train loads of Brits in HGVs to make sure the pressies and turkeys come down the chimney on Jan 8th.

They must have done the same recently, can't see any queues at the petrol pumps.

PVA

It's fucking hilarious.
Frost banging on about how bad the deal is and what a fuck up the NI protocol is is absolutely incredible given he was the main negotiator. Man has absolutely no shame.

Amazing isn't it.

Yet they'll get away with it and the nasty spiteful EU will get the blame for the terrible deal

skybluetony176

It's fucking hilarious.
Frost banging on about how bad the deal is and what a fuck up the NI protocol is is absolutely incredible given he was the main negotiator. Man has absolutely no shame.
Don’t worry. The EU are going to surrender on the sausage war. Yay for brexit, we win again.

I mean we have no one to slaughter our pigs, butcher them and make sausages to send to Northern Ireland but apart from that…

PVA

*loads of stuff about the thing you voted for being a load of shit*

"that meme is not quite factually correct"

Sick Boy

Isn’t this Johnson’s ‘oven ready’ deal? If the deal is supposed to be that bad then why would Frost would be anywhere near renegotiations? It’s yet another tactic to distract from their failings and incompetence.

wingy

Isn’t this Johnson’s ‘oven ready’ deal? If the deal is supposed to be that bad then why would Frost would be anywhere near renegotiations? It’s yet another tactic to distract from their failings and incompetence.
Well it's all bad isn't it but nothing in comparison to where the potential games over NI could go to.

PVA

FBXsiAKWEAAGdO5

PVA

We're fed up of foreigners coming here and taking our jobs!

Please come here and take our jobs, please!!

This is as close to an admission as we're going to get from the government that Brexit has been a disaster.

Sick Boy

This is as close to an admission as we're going to get from the government that Brexit has been a disaster.

Over time pressure from other industries will happen and it’ll be extended across other professions.

Frostie

Can't see there being much uptake tbh with the way they've been treated.
Of the 5,000 temporary HGV visas offered there's been 27 applications...

PVA

Yeah absolutely, and you can't blame them at all can you.

Just funny to see the triumph over kicking them out and now the desperate pleas to bring them back.

skybluetony176

Grant Shapps did another round of car crashes on this subject this morning. Apparently he didn’t know the latest figures to know how many more have now applied. That’s Grant Shapps also known as the Secretary of State for transport. How the fuck can he A) not know in the first place, it’s his job and then B) turn up on scheduled TV interviews having not been briefed about what the details are given it’s his job.

Maybe it’s still 27 and he’d rather look incompetent than confirm that his big idea has failed.

Astute

Yeah absolutely, and you can't blame them at all can you.

Just funny to see the triumph over kicking them out and now the desperate pleas to bring them back.
Who got kicked out?

PVA

Who got kicked out?

After Brexit the visa rules changed and HGV drivers were not classed as high skilled workers (despite them now saying its a high skill, high wage job) and so thousands of them could not/have not returned.

And who can blame them with the way they've been treated.

Users who are viewing this thread