£350M week for the NHS
Easy trade deal with USA
No border in the Irish Sea
Better deals for fishermen
Better deal for farmers
Cheaper energy prices
Less red tape - imports/exports

skybluetony176

Shouldn’t we be doing a list of actual positives?

I’ve got:

Blue passports err, err, wait no. Actually it turned out that we could have had them all along, it only actually represents a loss of personal rights and ultimately the change took jobs out of the UK and gave them too the EU.

The tampon tax err, err, wait no. It was being scraped by the EU anyway and actually the only reason VAT was on them in the first place was because we were already taxing them when we joined the EU unlike other countries like Ireland for example who never charged a sales tax on tampons so when they joined the EU (same time as us) the tax that didn’t exist wasn’t converted to VAT meaning Ireland has never been required to charge a tampon tax under EU rules.

Ahh, the Australia trade deal err, err, wait. It’s shit. Hence our government didn’t get the bunting out whereas it was an open joke in Australia how they shafted us. Don’t worry though, they’ll be other trade deals. What? What’s that you say? We need 2000 equivalent trade deals just to replace what we’ve lost by leaving the EU, assuming that the trade deficit doesn’t keep growing. Easy peasy, the Tories are on the case. What? What’s that? There’s only 206 sovereign nations in the world 27 of which are in the EU, 5 are rogue states, 1 is the Vatican, 1 is Australia, 60 are already roll over deals we enjoyed when we were in the EU, 3 are EEA countries who we have already signed a trade deal with (and got shafted) and 1 is the US who have just told us bollocks. Still I’m sure Pritti Patel can make 2000 go into 109 even if she has to invent another new number.

Crowns back on pint glasses.

Okay. So we’ve got crowns back on pint glasses. Worth every penny, I bet the beer will taste better.

LOOK, A BOAT!

skybluetony176

Got another one. If you’re a millionaire guilty of using tax avoidance methods you’ll no longer be under the scrutiny and tax reforms of the EU while simultaneously laughing at the plebs who you conned into voting for you to benefit from leaving the EU having a national insurance hike of over 10%.

Still, they got one over the EU and that’s all that counts. I’ll just eat not heat this winter.

skybluetony176

Got one. Brexit Britain will once again be able to be global Britain. To celebrate this we’re going to give the kiss of life to dead measurements used by only 3 countries in the world, 2 of which are developing countries, 1 of which is Myanmar who is currently under trade sanctions. Try booking a pallet to go to another part of the globe. Kgs, mm’s and m3 being the official measurements of world shipping.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got one. Brexit Britain will once again be able to be global Britain. To celebrate this we’re going to give the kiss of life to dead measurements used by only 3 countries in the world, 2 of which are developing countries, 1 of which is Myanmar who is currently under trade sanctions. Try booking a pallet to go to another part of the globe. Kgs, mm’s and m3 being the official measurements of world shipping.

I think we should be using Kelvins to report the temperature while we’re at it.

torchomatic

Not easy to "get over"
Free roaming charges for me when I’m in the UK 😎
The free for all with measurements means that road signs won't have to display miles or km, it can just say 'you're about 20 mins away'

We should have distances measured in length of CDs. "You're one one and a half Adele 21's away from your destination".

Reactions: vow

Evo1883

As above ..

Brexit so far has benefited me , wages are in negotiation and it could be substantial to match market rates

My mate who is a plasterer is also taking advantage of ridiculous wages too currently , he's benefitting

I appreciate there's alot more to brexit than wages rising in certain trades

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I said before , we get another referendum I'm voting remain

Can't stand seeing Tony like this much longer

I've got you Tony mate
The funny thing is EVO it really hasn’t changed anything other than extra paperwork at work for me. It’s my kids it’s fucked over. Like Ricky Gervais said did we really need a referendum to understand that the old don’t like the young.

Evo1883

The funny thing is EVO it really hasn’t changed anything other than extra paperwork at work for me. It’s my kids it’s fucked over. Like Ricky Gervais said did we really need a referendum to understand that the old don’t like the young.

Huge generalisation , however the question was brexit benefits .

For me I have a noticeable benefit .. that's all

My kids also benefit from me getting this benefit too

Might be able to save a deposit for a house , kids will be left everything .
That's huge comfort for me and my partner

Last edited:

skybluetony176

As above ..

Brexit so far has benefited me , wages are in negotiation and it could be substantial to match market rates .

Said before il say again, my life is no different but my wages will rise

Everybody effected differently though right 🤷‍♂️
Which is great for you but we’re starting to see the perfect storm of the 70’s and much of it has been avoidable. A sudden growth in wages, a sharp rise in house prices, a sharp rise in oil prices eventually triggered, stagnation, recession, 3 day working weeks, power outages, industrial action, high unemployment etc etc. We joined the EU as the poor man of Europe and once we settled in saw consistent growth. Unless something positive (more positive than crowns on pint glasses) happens leaving could well gain us that title again.

Evo1883

Which is great for you but we’re starting to see the perfect storm of the 70’s and much of it has been avoidable. A sudden growth in wages, a sharp rise in house prices, a sharp rise in oil prices eventually triggered, stagnation, recession, 3 day working weeks, power outages, industrial action, high unemployment etc etc. We joined the EU as the poor man of Europe and once we settled in saw consistent growth. Unless something positive (more positive than crowns on pint glasses) happens leaving could well gain us that title again.

We have to be fair Tony if you are going to talk about what's happened already then tell the truth .

Nearly all of the above things you've mentioned are things you think might happen , but haven't.. they may well happen who knows but they don't fit the current argument

Alot of government incompetence too , many things avoidable even with brexit.

skybluetony176

We have to be fair Tony if you are going to talk about what's happened already then tell the truth .

Nearly all of the above things you've mentioned are things you think might happen , but haven't.. they may well happen who knows but they don't fit the current argument

Alot of government incompetence too , many things avoidable even with brexit.
Just from personal experience I’m a child of the 70’s. In 73 my dad’s wages had apparently grown to the point where we could get a mortgage and get out of a council house, by 75 he was on a three day working week, the bins weren’t being emptied, the lights were going out, we were still in a council house and if it wasn’t for my grandparents Christmas would have been cancelled. My parents aren’t together anymore but both are still in council properties unlike me and my 3 siblings who were lucky enough to be able to take the benefits of EU membership and prosper from the moment we left school are all homeowners. My parents never got over the 70’s.

Evo1883

Just from personal experience I’m a child of the 70’s. In 73 my dad’s wages had apparently grown to the point where we could get a mortgage and get out of a council house, by 75 he was on a three day working week, the bins weren’t being emptied, the lights were going out, we were still in a council house and if it wasn’t for my grandparents Christmas would have been cancelled. My parents aren’t together anymore but both are still in council properties unlike me and my 3 siblings who were lucky enough to be able to take the benefits of EU membership and prosper from the moment we left school are all homeowners. My parents never got over the 70’s.

OK fair enough , won't argue against your life experience .

Can't we just
giphy.gif

Grendel

I said before , we get another referendum I'm voting remain

Can't stand seeing Tony like this much longer

I've got you Tony mate

Odd as he’s the only person who admitted prior to the decision to voting for a party whose sole aim was to leave the Eu

Grendel

I was ofcourse joking with my post

I had a brief look and he seemed to suggest house buyers need to thank the Eu or everyone would live in a council house.

The one aspect of the federal institution we embraced was eve ERM which collapsed house prices through interest hikes. They went up every day at one point. I had negative equity as a consequence

I just scroll down his nonsense it’s not worth any effort

skybluetony176

I had a brief look and he seemed to suggest house buyers need to thank the Eu or everyone would live in a council house.

The one aspect of the federal institution we embraced was eve ERM which collapsed house prices through interest hikes. They went up every day at one point. I had negative equity as a consequence

I just scroll down his nonsense it’s not worth any effort
I’m just going to do a list of everything you’ve got right on brexit:

Finished.

Grendel

Scroll down

ovduk78

Got one. A genuine one. There’s a brexit triggered firework shortage ahead of bonfire night. Pet owners rejoice, hazzah for brexit.
Pet owners who want to take their pets to EU countries won't be celebrating with the demise of the pet passport which was available for life for a one off payment. Now they have to get a certificate from their vet at a cost of £100-£150 each time. Of course the vets will be overjoyed at yet another excessive bill to charge their customers.

JAM See

Got one. A genuine one. There’s a brexit triggered firework shortage ahead of bonfire night. Pet owners rejoice, hazzah for brexit.
I haven't got a pet and I don't like Catholics.

It's a no from me Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread