Brexit Benefits (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Anyone who thinks a cappuccino is some kind of drink for the London elite is off their fucking head.

PVA

Crikey, you know it's not going well when even the Express are sticking the boot in.

skybluetony176

Crikey, you know it's not going well when even the Express are sticking the boot in.

The Express are clearly so desperate to deflect from Boris that they’ve resorted to telling the truth about Brexit. Things must be bad for Boris.

shmmeee

Hot Dog Man GIF

Brexiters looking at the economy

robbiekeane

They really do think people are thick. Rejoining things we lost access to as a result of Brexit now being presented as some sort of victory

But Dave people really are fucking thick!

Someone who voted brexit who is very close to me the other day was being defended by another family member because “well the politicians lied didn’t they”. Well yes of fucking course they did, they’re politicians! And everyone was telling you they were lying! What a ridiculous excuse. People wanted to believe all of the benefits because they thought it would get rid of (non white) immigrants, and because of some weird fucking nostalgia about the British empire making them hard about a trade deal with an island on literally the other side of the world with a 25 million person population.

I’d enjoy the schadenfreude if it wasn’t such a death sentence for my home country

skybluetony176

They really do think people are thick. Rejoining things we lost access to as a result of Brexit now being presented as some sort of victory

The Express ran a story the other week celebrating the agreement to extend zero tariffs on imports and exports of electric vehicles to and from the UK/EU as a brexit win. Right up until last week all electric vehicles sales were going to be subject to 10% import duty come the 1st of January. Not one mention that the only reason they would have come in only it’s a win that they won’t. Well, until the agreement ends again at which time the government is going to have to spend more time and energy going cap in hand to the EU again.

hamertime

Why do remainers only judge the success of Brexit in Financial terms. From what i can see most of the people that voted for Brexit did it because they didnt want to become part of a European superstate that would only get bigger and wouldnt be run by us. None of the people i know who voted to leave were bothered about financial consequences so in their opinion it worked for them.

wingy

Why do remainers only judge the success of Brexit in Financial terms. From what i can see most of the people that voted for Brexit did it because they didnt want to become part of a European superstate that would only get bigger and wouldnt be run by us. None of the people i know who voted to leave were bothered about financial consequences so in their opinion it worked for them.
Depends what you mean by consequences, I mean if it was bought by dark money to split the EU,in conjunction with Russia or America I guess it's mission accomplished.

hamertime

Depends what you mean by consequences, I mean if it was bought by dark money to split the EU,in conjunction with Russia or America I guess it's mission accomplished.
Could it not just be the majority of people who are mainly silent in this country didnt want to be part of the EU regardless of the consequences. My flat earth friend.

shmmeee

Could it not just be the majority of people who are mainly silent in this country didnt want to be part of the EU regardless of the consequences. My flat earth friend.

So it was irrational then?

If there’s nothing on earth that would change your mind that’s not a rational thought process. Thats an emotion. Which is a bit of a strange way to feel about a trading block.

hamertime

So it was irrational then?

If there’s nothing on earth that would change your mind that’s not a rational thought process. Thats an emotion. Which is a bit of a strange way to feel about a trading block.
The thing is it was not really just a trading block anymore was it. People felt it was becoming something else and that would eventually take over. It’s not irrational though is it, my question is really who do people automatically think something is irrational if it doesn’t make financial sense. There is more to it than that.

Users who are viewing this thread