Match Thread Brentford Match Thread (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

The current model relative to our turnover doesn't quantify for salaries of circa £15k+ required to bring in established Championship players though. The gulf that's been created between L1/L2 and the Championship is ridiculous and as such the leap was always going to be a challenge for us both on and off the pitch. We've gone from having an above average budget to one of the smallest budgets in the league. So, there was always going to be less than zero chance of being able to bring in a Championship equivalent to Godden in L1 or Doyle in L2. Therefore, in many ways you could argue that our model in its current form has peaked.

So, here’s my question: is that because we are in Brum/corona’ed and if so shouldn’t Sisu be funding the difference as promised when we moved, and more worryingly if not and we’d still be too skint at the Ricoh can we ever establish ourselves as a Championship club again? Would we need the new ground?

better days

people have posted quotes from Talksport saying he'd failed a medical.
I think he did fail
But a deal was done for a year long loan.
Probably for a huge fee of something like £5m with a commitment to sign him at the end of the year if whatever they found during the medical hasn't caused a problem

robbiekeane

So, here’s my question: is that because we are in Brum/corona’ed and if so shouldn’t Sisu be funding the difference as promised when we moved, and more worryingly if not and we’d still be too skint at the Ricoh can we ever establish ourselves as a Championship club again? Would we need the new ground?
Think it’s gonna be a yearly struggle. This year is a gift really though, I wonder what our balance sheet looks like.

Am I right I’m thinking, all other things remaining equal, that the championship is an additional £6m a year with TV etc? Probably just balances out loss of expected fan revenue

fernandopartridge

Think it’s gonna be a yearly struggle. This year is a gift really though, I wonder what our balance sheet looks like.

Am I right I’m thinking, all other things remaining equal, that the championship is an additional £6m a year with TV etc? Probably just balances out loss of expected fan revenue
Yeah think it's about 6-7m. Plus the Wilson windfall, offset against increased wage bill. I reckon we'll still be lucky to break even

The Lurker

Hamer out is a major blow. Brentford will be reeling from Preston the other week. I’d take a draw but fear the worse today.

clint van damme

The block of games we’re in at the moment isn’t great, we need to keep our heads up - I fear the worst today

Think this fixtures fell at about the best time it could for us. They'll be missing 1, and potentially 2 key players.
Still an uphill task right enough

AFCCOVENTRY

Will be interesting to see if anyone will step up and stake a claim in the middle of the park. For me the 2 CM positions are up for grabs.

robbiethemole

Results aren’t really in their favour of the times we’ve met ccfc w22 Brentford w23 draws 5. We have every chance of doing these they’ve started the same as us l2 d1 w1.

Sky Blue Harry H

The block of games we’re in at the moment isn’t great, we need to keep our heads up - I fear the worst today
Must admit, I feel the same. Mentally prepared myself to lose the next 3 games - all really tricky, and if we pick up anything it'll be a bonus. Will be sat by the TV full of pre match nerves hoping against hope. Just want us to have a real go today - sometimes the opposition may just be too good, but I hope we are not too passive. If things are clearly not going our way, I hope we try and change things earlier in the game (e.g. 2 up front etc, rather than leaving it until last 20 mins)

#usedhopefartoomanytimesinthispost!

Last edited:

shmmeee

Want to see a reaction today more than anything else. Don’t care if we lose 4-0, as long as we see players up their levels from Bournemouth. Play with less fear and a bit more quality in our passing and I’ll be happy.

One thing this run of games gives us is plenty of opportunity for rapid progress and ideally we “grow up” a bit more in three games than we would in 5/6 against poorer opposition.

Greggs

I miss the days where we expect us to win every week.
Another depressing loss today, just hope we can have a shot or two. Could be in bottom 3 tonight

Sick Boy

I miss the days where we expect us to win every week.
Another depressing loss today, just hope we can have a shot or two. Could be in bottom 3 tonight
We are almost certainly going to be after this run/block of games, it’s up to the management to keep the players heads up.

Greggs

Hamer out is a major blow. Brentford will be reeling from Preston the other week. I’d take a draw but fear the worse today.
Is it though? We're gonna have to get used to not playing with him, looks like his petulant behaviour is part of his DNA. I'd swap for Walsh in a heartbeat

cc84cov

Just can’t see past a defeat today with Godden isolated & us being pressed high,if we are struggling today I would like to see Walker come on and go 2 up front with Godden & have a real go.

Grendel

Yeah think it's about 6-7m. Plus the Wilson windfall, offset against increased wage bill. I reckon we'll still be lucky to break even

It is - total wages alone will probably be in the order of £9 million - we will not look pretty if we get relegated that’s for sure

SlowerThanPlatt

Is it though? We're gonna have to get used to not playing with him, looks like his petulant behaviour is part of his DNA. I'd swap for Walsh in a heartbeat

He has created the vast majority of our chances. In 3 of our 4 games this season we’ve needed 3 goals to win a game, I don’t see how it isn’t a negative

Users who are viewing this thread