Breaking news (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

If it's a "perfect storm", I hope so.

We all hope for that.fishers gone very quiet since otium were announced I thought we would have heard a statement from him on their behalf..are you looking forward to having to interview ken deluded again :) he could be our joe kinnear.text a sub was ahead of its time :)

SLOnAir

Actually, that isn't all his brief amounts to.

Under insolvency law, an administrator isn't merely an external sales agent for the business and its assets. He is also tasked with running the business - hence why ACL have said they'll only deal with the administrator rather than TF: TF has no role to play until administration comes to an end.

Understood, but in practice he is now allowing - & playing his part in - the conclusion of the deal. He is unlikely to want to carry on making decisions and running the show when the 'new' owners are tying to put things in place so they can get on with it.

torchomatic

SLOnAir

Hi Stuart; I am very pleased that you have decided to join our site and am appreciative of your comments BUT can I ask what led to your decision? Absolutely no ulterior motive in my question.....just interested to know.

Because on the odd occasion (& it really WAS an odd occasion) that I looked at the site I became quite annoyed and frustrated at some of the inaccurate stuff that was being peddled as fact. Not that I claim to know all the answers, but I wanted to play a small part in trying to put the wilder bits and pieces in context. There were also some people posting things about me, which didn't bother me too much, athough one or two were going to the extreme in what they said. Interestingly, none of them appear to be on at the same time as me.

Nonleagueherewecome

Understood, but in practice he is now allowing - & playing his part in - the conclusion of the deal. He is unlikely to want to carry on making decisions and running the show when the 'new' owners are tying to put things in place so they can get on with it.

But as your own speech marks indicate, they're not "new", are they? To coin a Fisherism, "it's business as usual", isn't it?

Otis

Nene Park is not in the West Midlands where the League has apparently said we must play.

Yes, agreed Stuart.

Wasn't me who suggested we will be playing there. Others have suggested so. Would surely need the FL to bend their rules to allow this to happen and if they did it would prove to be most unpopular for sure.

SLOnAir

Stuart, bet this rumbles on till the last possible moment, as all things connected with CCFC always do.
Wish the ground is confirmed & season tickets issued!!
Coventry fans are fickle & bet if the team perform well, we will still get 10k @ Walsall or even Warsaw despite all the negativity!

Well, I was laughed at when I said that up to 7,000 might attend "ground-share" home matches; that would include visiting fans, but yes, I think you're right - if we were there or thereabouts in the League, 10,000 might easily be possible.

Tonylinc

Because on the odd occasion (& it really WAS an odd occasion) that I looked at the site I became quite annoyed and frustrated at some of the inaccurate stuff that was being peddled as fact. Not that I claim to know all the answers, but I wanted to play a small part in trying to put the wilder bits and pieces in context. There were also some people posting things about me, which didn't bother me too much, athough one or two were going to the extreme in what they said. Interestingly, none of them appear to be on at the same time as me.
Thanks for that. Hope that you stick with it now. We are not a bad bunch really. All we want is the best for CCFC.

SLOnAir

We all hope for that.fishers gone very quiet since otium were announced I thought we would have heard a statement from him on their behalf..are you looking forward to having to interview ken deluded again :) he could be our joe kinnear.text a sub was ahead of its time :)

I think you'll find the information that Messrs Dulieu, Igwe & Brody are current, active directors of Otium is out of date. I may be completely wrong, but I would be surprised if that were the case (mind you, I am often surprised!).

SuttonSkyBlue

Stuart, has any more info come to light on the bids themselves?? From what I read in the Telegraph, I wouldn't be surprised to see Haskell tempt SISU if and when their takeover is confirmed.

SLOnAir

Yes, agreed Stuart.

Wasn't me who suggested we will be playing there. Others have suggested so. Would surely need the FL to bend their rules to allow this to happen and if they did it would prove to be most unpopular for sure.

It would be a distinct change from the League, certainly.

SonOfSnoz

Stuart, at the forum, TF said Joy was not involved with CCFC, when Ranson was at the club, but isn't Sisu her company? Could you clarify this when you next get a chance pls.

oakey

Well, I was laughed at when I said that up to 7,000 might attend "ground-share" home matches; that would include visiting fans, but yes, I think you're right - if we were there or thereabouts in the League, 10,000 might easily be possible.
Stuart, after all is said and done I think very few will follow the city outside of Coventry. Some are underestimating how many older supporters we have and how a line of trust has been crossed.
Support is very loyal but it is not unconditional and I really believe no more than a quarter of our fans will go. That's about 3000 + whatever away support.

SLOnAir

Fisher can still comment on Holdings surely, as that company not in admin?
Too many companies spoil the club!

He can comment but not on the administration exit process which, effectively, involves the whole structure. If I were him, I would say nothing, ever, until I knew I had something definite to say.

SLOnAir

Stuart, after all is said and done I think very few will follow the city outside of Coventry. Some are underestimating how many older supporters we have and how a line of trust has been crossed.
Support is very loyal but it is not unconditional and I really believe no more than a quarter of our fans will go. That's about 3000 + whatever away support.

You may be right, but loyalties run deep at the end of the day. It will be fascinating to see what happens - although I hope we don't have to find out and that we stay in Coventry.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nope. Just CCFC.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

OK then, partisanly anti-ACL to the point where it is tantamount to being pro-SISU. Or desperate to point out how bad Richardson was, because "he was worse than SISU". So? Caligula was worse than Charles Saatchi, but his picture isn't in the papers this week.

I get the basic mind set of saying "our club's owners deserve more loyalty than our club's landlords", but not to the point that it justifies crowing over ACL and defending SISU's actions. Especially when SISU do something utterly unrelated and the glib little anti-ACL jibe comes out! And you do it a lot.

So I guess that's why I've got it in for you :)

quinn1971

I think you'll find the information that Messrs Dulieu, Igwe & Brody are current, active directors of Otium is out of date. I may be completely wrong, but I would be surprised if that were the case (mind you, I am often surprised!).

After their track records I wouldn't be suprised either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stuart, bet this rumbles on till the last possible moment, as all things connected with CCFC always do.
Wish the ground is confirmed & season tickets issued!!
Coventry fans are fickle & bet if the team perform well, we will still get 10k @ Walsall or even Warsaw despite all the negativity!
I doubt it, I could only see us getting 10k if it was either a play off semi final or a match to get promotion.

I think we'd average about 5k if we were performing well and 3k otherwise.

Sky Blue Harry H

Without being sycophantic, it is good to catch you thoughts Stuart - sorry if you've already been asked, but what % do you feel we will be at The Ricoh for the start of the season?
P.S Just realised OTIUM is an anagram for UO TIM (couldn't make it up!):(

Nonleagueherewecome

As it was always likely to be - and often is when a business goes through the administration process,

Not if they come out of it with new owners.

But of course, that couldn't happen, as one bidder would be paying out their winning bid to....themselves. So it was obvious that if it was just about bid value, they were always going to win. It was no kind of fair fight, but it certainly can't be dressed up as some kind of "fresh start" or a process that has legitimatised their presence. Otium is SISU tarted up in a cheap short skirt.

Otis

I doubt it, I could only see us getting 10k if it was either a play off semi final or a match to get promotion.

I think we'd average about 5k if we were performing well and 3k otherwise.

About right.

No way can I see it being 10,000 unless we were right up there at the top.

Thing is, how likely is that? Think most level headed people think that because of the situation we will struggle as a club this season. Can well see players not wanting to play for us and others leaving. Midtable at the very best and that will generate crowds of around 3,000-4,000 I would reckon.

Think the whole club will spend the season feeling sorry for itself.

Unless of course we do indeed come back to the Ricoh.

SonOfSnoz

Makes me laugh how people were anti Ricoh when we left H Rd.
If the club can get back on it's feet after 3 years, surely this short term pain will be worth the long term gain!
Would be great if the club owns the Ricoh though!!

covhead1

Without being sycophantic, it is good to catch you thoughts Stuart - sorry if you've already been asked, but what % do you feel we will be at The Ricoh for the start of the season?

Its also an anagram of "I'm OUT" which about sums it up really

Grendel

But of course, that couldn't happen, as one bidder would be paying out their winning bid to....themselves. So it was obvious that if it was just about bid value, they were always going to win. It was no kind of fair fight, but it certainly can't be dressed up as some kind of "fresh start" or a process that has legitimatised their presence. Otium is SISU tarted up in a cheap short skirt.

Face it, if Haskell had been the preferred bidder the poor chap would have had a coronary. He seems to prefer being a bridesmaid than the bride.

wingy

You think you get a rough ride .Try being the Sky Blue Trust, I reckon he's one of your listeners.:)

Black6Osprey

You may be right, but loyalties run deep at the end of the day. It will be fascinating to see what happens - although I hope we don't have to find out and that we stay in Coventry.

Yes, loyalty does run deep but we averaged only 1000 away support last season, so perhaps not all that deep.

After all, it would in essence be a whole season of away games.

The support just isn't there to get anything more than max 5000 but I don't think we will get 3000.

Otis

Makes me laugh how people were anti Ricoh when we left H Rd.
If the club can get back on it's feet after 3 years, surely this short term pain will be worth the long term gain!
Would be great if the club owns the Ricoh though!!

'People?'

Some people.

I have always been pro Ricoh. Think it's a great stadium.

SLOnAir

My guess is as good as yours. What I do know is that if common sense prevails & people stop to realise what the consequences of their actions might be, we will stay at the Ricoh.

SLOnAir

The "same" owners often remain after admin.

Users who are viewing this thread