Breaking news: Acl call off rent talks (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

ACL: “CCFC’s owners can now either take the offer which is on the table or face the legal consequences. It is entirely their decision.”

par1sons

calling all ACL lovers, who's trying to ruin the club!! :jerkit:

The evidence is out in the wider domain so please read everything before riding the ACL train.

par1sons

As Fisher has already stated several times, the offer on the table cannot be agreed upon because of the fair play rules, its as simple as that. Sisu will not and cannot agree on a deal which forces the club into a position of further debt.

hill83

Game over then. New ground please.
If we don't go up this season we are well and truly finished.

wolfie

so the ACL head is stuck in the sand. cant they see they are squeezing the life out of our club. time to start acting on the threats and actively start looking for a move.

OyJimmy

Tim Fisher saying the deal can't be agreed because of fair play rules is a red herring when we have one of the highest wage bills in the league.....

Seems to me Sisu have a choice accept the deal or accept the ruling of the courts. Pretty simple. Personally I think ACL might be more willing to talk with new owners but I get the impression that they want SISU to go now and are happy to push the club under to achieve that.

hill83

Tim Fisher saying the deal can't be agreed because of fair play rules is a red herring when we have one of the highest wage bills in the league.....

It's about next season. Not this season. Clearly, as like you say, we have one of the highest wage bills in the league.
No red herring to see here.

And if ACL are willing to put the club under I just can't agree with them. I'm no Sisu fan but the ACL are being wankers to a man.* Sick of all this shit.

*assuming this rumour is true

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Council are reducing the spend of £29mill for this years budget so that they do not have to put up the rates- cool so where is the £14 Mill that they propped up ACL with then?? I told you they would rather drive CCFC into liquidation as they will not accept that ACL is a failing business venture and sell it off.:mad:

OyJimmy

Council are reducing the spend of £29mill for this years budget so that they do not have to put up the rates- cool so where is the £14 Mill that they propped up ACL with then?? I told you they would rather drive CCFC into liquidation as they will not accept that ACL is a failing business venture and sell it off.:mad:

This is what most fans don't understand. It's not about what we want, it's about the deal SISU have in place already with ACL. The deal they accepted when they bought the club. No one forced them to buy CCFC after all. SISU did not do their due dilligence when they bought the club crying over spilt milk won't help. If this is the best deal the council will do then SISU have to accept it or sell the club. Pretty simple really.

Grendel

This is what most fans don't understand. It's not about what we want, it's about the deal SISU have in place already with ACL. The deal they accepted when they bought the club. No one forced them to buy CCFC after all. SISU did not do their due dilligence when they bought the club crying over spilt milk won't help. If this is the best deal the council will do then SISU have to accept it or sell the club. Pretty simple really.

Hull city told their council to do one and didn't pay. If the council had forced the issue they'd have been frogmarched out of town.

Unfortunately with council suck ups like you around they will probably get away with it.

OyJimmy

Hull city told their council to do one and didn't pay. If the council had forced the issue they'd have been frogmarched out of town.

Unfortunately with council suck ups like you around they will probably get away with it.

But the council will argue (rightly or wrongly) they have already offered their best deal. If ACL are now saying this is the best they will do and they will go to court it's up to SISU to either accept it/ move on or put us into admin. What is SISU's plan B? Move grounds? Pretty hollow threat given their contractual obligations to the Ricoh!

kingharvest

We do understand that, but just aren't willing to accept being shafted by the council anymore.

We need to include the F&B revenue in our turnover in order to be able to field a decent team next season. Why won't ACL even show the club the numbers? £1.5m additional turnover on our books, even if this doesn't include any profit, means we remain competitive.

skyblu3sk

Seriously think it is time to forget the Ricoh Great ground and everything but a millstone round our necks if they are serious about a new ground not that far away that the club can own... I'm in

Mucca Mad Boys

Seems to me Sisu have a choice accept the deal or accept the ruling of the courts. Pretty simple. Personally I think ACL might be more willing to talk with new owners but I get the impression that they want SISU to go now and are happy to push the club under to achieve that.

Hang on, I remember people saying we need to 'spend to get out of this league' (which isn't necessarily true) but when we do (via wage budget) fans say we should CUT spending so we can cope with this debt being forced on us? Ludicrous! Hypocrital and hightlights the excessive anti-SISU feeling.
Apparently a fee (400k) has been agreed and only stumbling blocks is F & B revenures which CCFC should have 100% because it's CCFC fans spending at CCFC games, no CCFC, no F & B revenue streams for ACL (from those games), therefore, the club should get it then, ACL should not get 1p from revenues raised by Cov fans, at Cov games and another is backdating debt which is more than reasonable because the reason we stopped paying is we can't afford to, so 400k (or whatever agreed price is) should be backdated.

The clb needs a good agreement for the long-term stability of the club and most fans would jeopardise this in hatred of SISU. FFP is important and if we can knock over 1m costs while bringing in (possibly) 200k in Revenue streams, that's more money spent on players and their wages, people will say, or have said, not a penny will go on the playing staff, and will line the pockets of SISU's coffers? Really? So the fact we've signed 20 odd players this season is irrelevant?

Last edited:

skyblueman

So the whole future of our club and and SISU's grand strategy hinges on how many burgers we stuff down out throats on match days - brilliant :jerkit:

Ashdown1

'CCFC should have 100%'.................... long standing legally binding contracts have been signed with the likes of 'Compass', we all know what we'd like for the club but SISU have to work within the confines of the law until they can negotiate a new deal. Continually refusing to pay the back dated debt is what is causing the bad feeling, this refusal to pay is not now a bargaining tool either since the council loaned ACL the money. Oh and please stop spouting all this childish shit about 'can't afford to pay', its refusal not inability !!

Mucca Mad Boys

So the whole future of our club and and SISU's grand strategy hinges on how many burgers we stuff down out throats on match days - brilliant :jerkit:

So if it'a insignificant as you make out here, why do ACL need the F & B revenues generated by CCFC fans and CCFC games? :thinking about:

In difficult times you need to cut costs, which we have, and we need to scrape every penny you can find, getting a fair reduction in rent and getting F & B (and other) revenue streams do this, do they not?

torchomatic

Forgive me, but SISU didn't make up the FFP rules.

Mucca Mad Boys

'CCFC should have 100%'.................... long standing legally binding contracts have been signed with the likes of 'Compass', we all know what we'd like for the club but SISU have to work within the confines of the law until they can negotiate a new deal. Continually refusing to pay the back dated debt is what is causing the bad feeling, this refusal to pay is not now a bargaining tool either since the council loaned ACL the money. Oh and please stop spouting all this childish shit about 'can't afford to pay', its refusal not inability !!

I don't know for sure, but the club could probably pay pay the full rent... Just not without jeopardising the club, which many people would be happy about.

For me, it's the club standing up for what is right, we might be bound to a contract, but it is an unfair agreement, plus the revenue streams we've been deprived of, we've paid up to 1.5-1.9m (varies from year to year as when we first came to the RICOH we were raking in the crowds) per year and it is simply holding the club back. For too long has this failing quango been propped up by CCFC and now the Council.

skyblueman

So if it'a insignificant as you make out here, why do ACL need the F & B revenues generated by CCFC fans and CCFC games? :thinking about:

In difficult times you need to cut costs, which we have, and we need to scrape every penny you can find, getting a fair reduction in rent and getting F & B (and other) revenue streams do this, do they not?

We're talking about what a couple of hundred thousand here? Hardly a big deal and won't make any noticeable difference to the success or otherwise of the team - just another excuse to delay paying anything - the stupidly high WAGE bill is a far bigger problem for us and will continue to be as long as we continue to pay out on useless so called talent - the other obvious problem is the lack of regular supporters and SISU are doing bugger all about convincing fans to return - quite the opposite - they should have gambled this year when they could spend a little and not face any real consequences - they have missed the boat now and it will be so much harder to get anywhere now - we don't have the support to increase our revenues to make us competitive any more - viscous circle - they experiment has failed

Ashdown1

If the club were not propping up a glut of failed managers and useless players they could have paid the rent months ago anyway. There's two sides to the coin and most of us haven't got a clue about the manner in which SISU are manipulating money transfers between holding companies etc.
1, I agree that the club should have a lower rent and a bigger proportion of revenue from footfall.........but
2, I don't agree with total refusal to pay and all this embarrassing blagging about moving out of town.
Negotiations should be taking place within the confines of the existing agreements.

ricohroar

If the only stumbleing block is revenue from food/drinks etc. Why don't sisu set up their own food and drink places? (outside the ground if not inside). Open the gates at half time, and sell things cheaper, force ACL to share or miss out? or like these people selling pies for a pound. put some of them inside the ground, and some mobile beer sellers, just under cut the stalls by a few pence.
I'm sure ACL might have some kind of clause saying no other sales....

Or if fans feel that strongly, just boycot them ourselves??

Jackoskyblue

I'm 100% behind sisu but in theory would it not make more sense to pay off what we owe as we will have to pay it back at some point anyway, this will then make it easier to negotiate without the cloud of unpaid rent behind both parties.

dongonzalos

Is this new news.

Did ACL not say this last time.

The deal is there accept it or reject it there is no other deal?

Excuse me if I am misunderstanding, but what is new?

dongonzalos

I'm 100% behind sisu but in theory would it not make more sense to pay off what we owe as we will have to pay it back at some point anyway, this will then make it easier to negotiate without the cloud of unpaid rent behind both parties.

Yes it would and SISU would look a hell of a lot better off in the eyes of the fans, also I imagine in the eyes of the people they have to do business with

skyblueman

If the only stumbleing block is revenue from food/drinks etc. Why don't sisu set up their own food and drink places? (outside the ground if not inside). Open the gates at half time, and sell things cheaper, force ACL to share or miss out? or like these people selling pies for a pound. put some of them inside the ground, and some mobile beer sellers, just under cut the stalls by a few pence.
I'm sure ACL might have some kind of clause saying no other sales....

Or if fans feel that strongly, just boycot them ourselves??

It's not that.. even if they agreed to letting the club have the F&B revenues you can bet your life Fisher would come back with something else.. there's more to this than that.. delay having to pay any cash out until the last possible moment.. wonder why?? :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread