Breaking news: Acl call off rent talks (4 Viewers)

oakey

Can anyone enlighten me on what Coun Mutton has to gain financially from this?
His earnings for last year from the council are listed as £37k, which is less than I earn. Doesn't seem to be raking it in exactly.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Now if we take TF at his word ACL are no longer worth what they once were........ so the original cost of £6.5m for the charity is on that basis somewhat less. TF tried to say ACL was worthless but lets say the value has halved so thats a potential loss to the charity of 3.25m

Had the charity invested that money at 2 % since 2005 then they could have earnt 1.25m in interest

so, ok this is pretty simplistic, the Charity has by its involvement in the project lost 4.5m to date. Will that change in the future perhaps, but if some here are right and the stadium is a big white elephant no. They should sell comes the cry, ....... well there has to be willing purchasers at a reasonable price and a level of trust that simply is not there at the moment from all concerned. TF was very clear he wouldnt pay a penny for the shares...... lot of bad water under burnt bridges since then.

dont see much evidence of lining pockets of ACL stakeholders........... maybe someone can prove differently

Yes the charity might make in the future but isnt that what investment all about you win some lose some...... sometimes up sometimes down, just depends when you cash it in

other than stating they have not taken anything out - they havent actually complained about their investment that is apparently worthless especially without CCFC

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

The thread title is really misleading...

Nonleagueherewecome

I care about my club breaking the law. Yes. I care about what 'the football family' think of our club when it constantly transgresses. Yes. I care when people gamble with the very life of the club itself. Yes.

But this is a football forum, and therefore people will post about how legality and morality are evidenced within the club. It's not a case of discussing football's pros and cons against those of the wider world. That's for elsewhere. As forum rules clearly state

This is what people simply do not get-that their illegal and amoral actions have been incredibly dangerous to our future. They have clearly not acted in our best interests-unless you make a ship go faster by blowing a hole in it's hull..

Ashdown1

I have horses, a large dog and two cats. They get fed before I do in the morning.

I also run a pretty large and successful company. I pride myself on that business operating wholly legally, with a strong moral code. We ethically source, we have a strong family ethos; we fund school projects in deprived areas, donate charitably and sponsor football teams for the handicapped - one of whom my cousin plays for....

I can disagree with you on morality in business - as I do - and still have some left for morality and compassion outside the workplace, you know

What field is this now MMM ?? You haven't gone all eggs in one basket with the japs again have you?:(

At least ACL put an offer on the table. What has SISU's contribution been reported as;

- We will not pay our contracted rent because it is too expensive.
- No we are not interested in lower rent we want you to give us the stadium and all income free of charge.
- We are going to break our contract to play in Coventry and go and play in Northampton until you do what we say.

Not really a negotiation is it!

grego_gee

At least ACL put an offer on the table. What has SISU's contribution been reported as;

- We will not pay our contracted rent because it is too expensive.
- No we are not interested in lower rent we want you to give us the stadium and all income free of charge.
- We are going to break our contract to play in Coventry and go and play in Northampton until you do what we say.

Not really a negotiation is it!

No its not really a negotiation, but since they didn't say any of that, not really relevant either!

whiteheadj

No its not really a negotiation, but since they didn't say any of that, not really relevant either!
No but they did say "we will not pay the rent as it's too expensive" then they are offered a massive reduction in rent and say "we're not coming back as tenants".

This is one big game by sisu. They do not care about the football club all they want is the Ricoh. And not even for the football club. My favorite comment on here is the football club must own its own stadium. But sisu have already told us that they will build a stadium or buy the Ricoh and charge rent. So what's the point were back at stage one again.

Sisu want to make money and I don't think anyone has made money unless you are Manchester United or the like. So they have alteriour motives, and believe me they couldn't care about us fans so I don't care about them which is why I refuse to give them my money.

And they may not have verbally said those things but there actions have and remember that saying actions speak louder than words, well it's certainly true in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread