Breaking- New Consortium Bid (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

That would be prime CCFC. Sell the club to Hoffman but don't drop the legals and Wasps still refuse to talk.
How could wasps refuse to talk to a completely uninvolved party. In fact a sale could be the worst thing for wasps and council.

oldfiver

Of course wasps and ccc want the legals dropped, but if there was a new owner the legals would be absolutely nothing to do with ccfc and could not be used as a bargaining chip by anyone.

You are still missing the point CCC/WASPS want the legals dropped - so they say to GH get the legals dropped and we have a deal

MalcSB

You are still missing the point CCC/WASPS want the legals dropped - so they say to GH get the legals dropped and we have a deal
I’m not missing the point. Any sale of ccfc is not in the gift of wasps or council who have no rights of objection to any potential purchaser. If wasps and council are saying they won’t discuss a stadium deal because the current owners are engaged in legals, they couldn’t use the same reason if ccfc had been sold. Selling ccfc may crystallise Sisu losses so could potentially increase damages payable IF Sisu ever won the legal argument.

oldfiver

Mr WASP to Mr Hoffman:
You need a stadium - I have a stadium
Why don't you as part of your deal say "the legals have to be dropped"
You do that and I will let you have the stadium on good terms and maybe be an investor

That's what I would do if I was Mr WASP
Doesn't mean it will work but why not try ?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Mr WASP to Mr Hoffman:
You do that and I will let you have the stadium on good terms and maybe be an investor

Ok you do realise that sisu and the club are not the same thing?

If sisu sell the club, then the legals have nothing to do with the club

chiefdave

If they have already taken that route - they should be able to get a letter of support from their lender
Being so secretive just leads to speculation as to why. If they didn't want to be known then stop going to the press. Now we're left guessing who is involved which leads to worries that the likes of Ranson or Wasps are connected to it.

skybluetony176

I’m not missing the point. Any sale of ccfc is not in the gift of wasps or council who have no rights of objection to any potential purchaser. If wasps and council are saying they won’t discuss a stadium deal because the current owners are engaged in legals, they couldn’t use the same reason if ccfc had been sold. Selling ccfc may crystallise Sisu losses so could potentially increase damages payable IF Sisu ever won the legal argument.

Been trying to make the same point for ages. If SISU have faith that their case has any merit then they could sell the club now for a pound if they wished and then use that as their argument for compensation in any subsequent claim for damages following a successful JR2. Wasps and CCC damaged our business through their actions, the proof is we had to sell it for a pound and wipe the debt, the true value of the club should have been x gizzilion pounds and the debt was worth x gazillion pounds more. This is what we’ve lost, JR2 confirms your behaviour caused our losses, cough up and compensate our losses, drops microphone, leaves the room.

I haven’t seen any evidence that they need to own the club to continue legals. They just needed to have owned it during the period of what JR2 will cover. Should it happen.

Fergusons_Beard

We're so fucked. 2 Hedge Funds digging their heels in, a council who couldn't give a flying fuck, a consortium that consists of a bunch of charlatans who, despite being largely complicit in us being exactly where we are, have rebranded themselves as some kind of saviours and then our main fan group being anything other than objective because they've been given a reach around and a promise of 10% fan ownership or a seat on the board or whatever it is they've been offered by Hoffman that has made them sell their impartiality.

Omg! This every fucking time.

Summed up brilliantly.

Thank God the football’s brilliant at the moment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fernandopartridge

Been trying to make the same point for ages. If SISU have faith that their case has any merit then they could sell the club now for a pound if they wished and then use that as their argument for compensation in any subsequent claim for damages following a successful JR2. Wasps and CCC damaged our business through their actions, the proof is we had to sell it for a pound and wipe the debt, the true value of the club should have been x gizzilion pounds and the debt was worth x gazillion pounds more. This is what we’ve lost, JR2 confirms your behaviour caused our losses, cough up and compensate our losses, drops microphone, leaves the room.

I haven’t seen any evidence that they need to own the club to continue legals. They just needed to have owned it during the period of what JR2 will cover. Should it happen.

It doesn't make any sense, if they make the decision to sell the club they've made the decision.

MalcSB

Mr WASP to Mr Hoffman:

But that would be s conditional sale which according to Higgs and ccfc is so bad a principle that Higgs accepted a lower financial offer from wasps

shepardo01

In the same period:
WASPS say no deal and
Duggins says no deal and 2 fingers to Parliament

Sounds like 3 more members of the consortium ?
Funny you should say that!
Heard today from (pub talk that somebody who knows somebody who's company made the olympic torches - yes, convoluted? and my mates mate said etc etc) that Richardson is part of the consortium.
Make of that what you will. Is that even possible?

Users who are viewing this thread