breaking bad (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Very late into this programme, but bloody brilliant. Just watched the first series over the last few days. That carmen who works at the school would get a slice

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Blimey Daz! You've left it late! Agree with Otis - definately one of the greatest TV shows ever! If you're still only on Season 1, you have some great stuff ahead of you!

stupot07

I'm even later, got seasons 1-3 boxset still in the cellophane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

westofrayne

Maybe need to start a support group for the unfortunate people who have not seen it all. How can they live their lives without knowing what we do.

I was late to view it all but 18 months ago went through it all in a 3 week period, great tv

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm even later, got seasons 1-3 boxset still in the cellophane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Stu, you HAVE to get this watched! It just gets better and better as it goes along!

skybluetony176

I find it slow going myself. I'm enjoying it but I can't do more than 2 episodes at a time. Late to it too, on Netflix. Just watched the fly one which seemed a pretty pointless one if I'm being honest but maybe it will become relevant in the next episode.

Nick

Administrator
I find it slow going myself. I'm enjoying it but I can't do more than 2 episodes at a time. Late to it too, on Netflix. Just watched the fly one which seemed a pretty pointless one if I'm being honest but maybe it will become relevant in the next episode.

I was the same, it has to get me interested straight away. I couldn't be arsed waiting 4 hours for it to get to the point and start the action.

WillieStanley

One of the finest things I've ever watched. TV has just been awesome the past few years. Has anyone been watching House Of Cards on Netflix? It's amazing!! The original is on Netflix too so I think I'll watch that after. Anyone seen that?

Otis

One of the finest things I've ever watched. TV has just been awesome the past few years. Has anyone been watching House Of Cards on Netflix? It's amazing!! The original is on Netflix too so I think I'll watch that after. Anyone seen that?

Nope! Keep meaning too though and Kevin Spacey is one hell of an actor, so must get on it.

Breaking Bad is simply amazing, must watch TV.

WillieStanley

The BB story telling reminds me of Toy Dolls doing Nellie The Elephant. You get a few episodes of ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... Then glorious unleash of tension!

lordsummerisle

I've got it lined up on Netflix after I've finished Community.

Community is great, and Alison Brie would so get it, if not too cheesy!

Still think The Wire is above Breaking Bad, because of it's greater scope, but Breaking Bad very, very close to it, and would say that Ozymandius, right towards the very end, so no spoilers, one of the best hours television ever.

LastGarrison

Bit over rated for me.

The first series is great but then after that there are too many episodes where nothing really happens.

It's ok and worth a watch but not even close to being mentioned in the same breath as Sopranos, The Wire or Boardwalk Empire.

Otis

Bit over rated for me.

The first series is great but then after that there are too many episodes where nothing really happens.

It's ok and worth a watch but not even close to being mentioned in the same breath as Sopranos, The Wire or Boardwalk Empire.

Overrated?

Are you crazy in the coconut? I think it is majestic television and probably the greatest show ever made. The deliberate lulls make the peaks that much greater. The peaks wouldn't be so dramatic without the lulls.

LastGarrison

Overrated?

Are you crazy in the coconut? I think it is majestic television and probably the greatest show ever made. The deliberate lulls make the peaks that much greater. The peaks wouldn't be so dramatic without the lulls.

Better than the Sopranos?

Not having it.

skybluetony176

Overrated?

Nothing beats Fast and Loud.

J

Jack Griffin

Missed the first 3 episodes of series 1 broadcast on Spike, but got into it on episode 4, I've now caught up with those early episodes as they are on Youtube.

I thought it might be over hyped, but it isn't, it is brilliant, really well written and constructed, an actual story not some dollop of brainless action shit.

The Wire isn't the same, it is tremendous too, but that is 'realistic' drama, Breaking Bad is (very) black humour, like Fargo.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watched the furst 3 episodes of the second series really good

fellatio_Martinez

Bit over rated for me.

I wouldn't say there were episodes where nothing really happens but there may have been a few episodes that were underplayed and that's because the whole point of the show was to play out the little incremental changes that turn Walter White from an all round nice guy to complete evil genius. That doesn't happen overnight and Breaking Bad handled the transition absolutely perfectly. The beauty of the show is watching it back again and seeing the moments that break Walt down into the man he becomes. It really is a masterpiece.

How you could say Boardwalk Empire is better is beyond me. I like the show but it had two stinkingly boring seasons and a rushed let down of a final season. The Sopranos and The Wire are classics no doubt but they suffered pacing and character development in later seasons.

Last edited:

AGSB15

Breaking Bad is the best programme ever in my opinion. Whizzed through it on Netflix. Have got in to Orange Is The New Black since finishing BB. It's a slow starter but gets better. And the main character is pleasing on the eye!

Nick

Administrator
Just about to start Season 5, about 3 more to go in the 4th.

I haven't seen anything or got to the bit where people were wetting themselves with tension when it was aired though. Some episodes nothing really happens at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread