breaking bad (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just about to start Season 5, about 3 more to go in the 4th.

I haven't seen anything or got to the bit where people were wetting themselves with tension when it was aired though. Some episodes nothing really happens at all :(

Stick with it, Nick, stick with it!!

Rusty Trombone

If you're not enjoying it by now give it up, give Suits a try. It's not a skybluekid documentary but is just as entertaining, legal drama with plenty of humour and a few lovely ladies.

Nick

Administrator
If you're not enjoying it by now give it up, give Suits a try. It's not a skybluekid documentary but is just as entertaining, legal drama with plenty of humour and a few lovely ladies.

I do like it and the story is good, just haven't been at the point where I want to wet myself like people were when it was on TV :)

Otis

I do like it and the story is good, just haven't been at the point where I want to wet myself like people were when it was on TV :)

Can't remember now which, but some episodes are jaw dropping for sure.

Best programme I have ever seen. Maybe it's just not for you, Nick and you should leave it to the intelligencia and aficionados who appreciate excellent TV . :thinking about:

Otis

Must confess, I hardly ever meet anyone who doesn't like it. There's something there for everyone I think.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going to start the 5th series this weekend

Nick

Administrator
Deleted the spoiler so it doesn't ruin it for daz or anybody else still going through

SkyBlueScottie

A truely wonderful show, the best ever for me. Quite how you can get through 5 seasons of it and say its ok is beyond me, but hey ho.

I loved the simplicity of it, of how a character goes from being an honest hardworking man to drug evil baron mastermind.... Its wonderful to watch how the bumbing amateurs end up in serious life threatening scrapes etc, its great to see the relationships form / disintegrate.... As I said, the best ever.

"If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

lifeskyblue

I have to admit to not seeing it. Must catch up with box sets sometime. But don't seem to find enough time to sit and watch a long stretch. Maybe this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

It was OK. A lot of fillers for me, could have quite easily made it 3 seasons long.

Just started watching Dexter and have to say I prefer it.

P.S. Sorry about the spoilers yesterday. Well done Nick for being on the ball and deleting.

Nick

Administrator
[video=youtube;vCuDwvf0Rto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCuDwvf0Rto[/video]

I am all for mum jokes, but not sure where that came from?

Otis

It was OK. A lot of fillers for me, could have quite easily made it 3 seasons long.

Just started watching Dexter and have to say I prefer it.

P.S. Sorry about the spoilers yesterday. Well done Nick for being on the ball and deleting.

Really? Dexter is seriously patchy. I really liked it, but it doesn't have the majesty of Breaking Bad, which works on so many levels.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched the first 3 episodes of the 5th series over the weekend
Mikes a good character

ajsccfc

I'm only just at the tail end of S2, the bit where he either causes or allows Jesse's girl to die. You can see the change in him accelerate in just that small moment

(Highlight sentence - I've made the rest of the text white to avoid spoiling it for anyone)

Captain Dart

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got then last one to watch later, it took me a while to get into but thought it was brilliant
Is "better call saul" worth watching ?

Otis

Got then last one to watch later, it took me a while to get into but thought it was brilliant
Is "better call saul" worth watching ?

Yes it is. Definitely worth seeing, but it is a different kind of show, so you have to stick with it.

I got slightly disappointed with it for a while, because the 2nd episode was just so,so brilliant and really funny and I thought we were heading into Breaking Bad drug dealer territory, but then it went off on a different tangent, Still really good, but not heading in the territory I thought is was going to head in.

It's a show you have to stick with. just don't expect too much from it. That second episode though, wow! So brilliant when Saul has to negotiate in the desert with the bad guys.

H

Huckerby

Yes it is. Definitely worth seeing, but it is a different kind of show, so you have to stick with it.

I got slightly disappointed with it for a while, because the 2nd episode was just so,so brilliant and really funny and I thought we were heading into Breaking Bad drug dealer territory, but then it went off on a different tangent, Still really good, but not heading in the territory I thought is was going to head in.

It's a show you have to stick with. just don't expect too much from it. That second episode though, wow! So brilliant when Saul has to negotiate in the desert with the bad guys.
I dunno Otis. I think Breaking Bad was the same at the start, and that's the beauty of it. It takes time to build up the characters and plot, and Vincent Gilligan makes no apologies for that. I thought the same as you but then thought hold on, if I go back and watch the first 6or 7 episodes of BB now I bet it was the same.

At one point In better call Saul, they used something like 1 minute and 16 seconds of prime time TV airtime to show an old lady go up the stairs in a stairlift. To prove a point I think lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Otis

Yes, I remember.

Maybe it just hasn't got as strong characters, Saul apart. Think Breaking Bad had better, stronger characters (Jesse, Hank, Walter, Mike, Gus, Skyler, Saul). Don't think the characters surrounding Saul are as strong in this.

Bob Odenkirk though is increasingly terrific.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I started watching BCS simply because of the Breaking Bad link. I watched maybe two episodes and gave up. Just nowhere near good enough. Maybe I was expecting too much after Breaking Bad?

H

Huckerby

I started watching BCS simply because of the Breaking Bad link. I watched maybe two episodes and gave up. Just nowhere near good enough. Maybe I was expecting too much after Breaking Bad?
I think of not having as strong characters as Otis said, but also just that BB ended on such an adrenaline pumping high and then we're thrown back into the slow steady calculated build up again. Be interesting to see how it plays out. I wonder what people think who haven't seen BB

Otis

I think of not having as strong characters as Otis said, but also just that BB ended on such an adrenaline pumping high and then we're thrown back into the slow steady calculated build up again. Be interesting to see how it plays out. I wonder what people think who haven't seen BB

Good point.

A fresh view, without having seen Breaking Bad might manifest a completely different opinion. All of us who have seen BB know Saul and are just constantly waiting for one of his Saul-risms.

Really looking forwards to the new season and am very happy they resisted the temptation of having BB characters in this spin off, Mike excepted.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bumped this as I’ve just reacquainted myself with the first series and aim to watch them all again before the next film comes out.

If anyone’s who posts on hear hasn’t watched it yet give it a go

Marty

Just started watching this weekend, already at the end of series 2, it's great!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bumped this as I’ve just reacquainted myself with the first series and aim to watch them all again before the next film comes out.

If anyone’s who posts on hear hasn’t watched it yet give it a go
I've already watched the whole lot twice! Bloody love it! Might just go a third time before the film comes out as well!

Users who are viewing this thread