breaking bad (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

It’s very good but not at the same level as The Sopranos

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

Does anyone else think that BB should have finished after the 4th season?

It’s definitely one of those that required every ounce of sheer will and determination to persevere with. Only finished The Sopranos a few months back but think I could easily watch it all over again now. I don’t hear ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey the same as I used to!

I’m a few episodes in to Gotham, I think that’ll be another that takes a bit more effort.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m currently on the 11th episode of series 2 , Walters transformation has really took place , particularly on the tequila stand off with Hank

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Everything about it is brilliant, especially the ending.
I binged The Sopranos on Kodi a while back, but never did see the last 2 or 3 episodes. I only reached the episode where
Christopher gets wasted away
. Kodi just gave up the ghost! I'm going to have to try again at some point!

Sick Boy

I binged The Sopranos on Kodi a while back, but never did see the last 2 or 3 episodes. I only reached the episode where
Christopher gets wasted away
. Kodi just gave up the ghost! I'm going to have to try again at some point!

You’ve got quite a few episodes to go then! You should definitely try and watch it until the end

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You’ve got quite a few episodes to go then! You should definitely try and watch it until the end
I promise I will. I loved it too much to leave it where I did!

fellatio_Martinez

Does anyone else think that BB should have finished after the 4th season?

I think they ended it at the exact right time. The last season was brooding and far less of a black comedy than it used to be which I think some people didn't take to. I think it had to end the way it did for Walt's character to go from Ned Flanders to Scarface, which was the writers wish all along.

I love the Sopranos and it's constantly fighting in my head for no.1 spot with Breaking Bad but it suffered from some filler episodes and stark shifts in tone which Breaking Bad didn't.

For me The Sopranos excelled when it came to the amount of characters and how nuanced they all were. It was such a layered and fascinating show and James Gandolfini played Tony so well. It's just oozes class. The story however was sometimes all over the place and it didn't seem like there was a clear path for Tony whereas Breaking Bad had clearly defined trajectories for each character.

Users who are viewing this thread